What's new

Video/Tutorial - Johnny Cage MR.Cage´s issues and a way to play around it

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeah i remember, 3d hitboxes is really dumb in a 2d fg!
Sure is dumb, even if we see johnny hitboxes get bigger or little characters hurtbox get a bit bigger could still have some of these issues just based off the animation and the angles that he throws his limbs around.
I think it needs to be tweaked and better explained, but the 3d hitboxes are a step forward in terms of realism.

If you throw a kick meant for someone's face and it instead catches their shoulder, that's not a hit - but more like a whiff.

Its raw, I agree - and not explained well, but it is a step forward in terms of realism - IMO.
When it works, it works well. A lot of moves where the character leans back during startup or crouches low to the ground are perfect examples where your normal could whiff based on 3d hitboxes. Its a little bit annoying though when some characters are size 0 and like 3 feet tall and can crouch mids.

Reactions: GAV

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Only guaranteed string after 4SKRC are f2 or f3 (maybe b3 too, but is has whiffing issues) :(

Also, hits EX Forceballs are both mid but even the straight one whiffs against crouch blocking. It is a pointless projectile and should get fixed too.

I love 4SKRC into 333 or 113 or 114 but the first hit whiffs anyway against crouch block, and not only against Cassie. I want to emphasize this point: it whiffs against almost anyone, Cassie is just an example.

If you need great chip damage to end a round after a connected nutpunch, and don't feel like pushing your luck because of random whiffs, I suggest trying 333xxhalf charged nutpunch...it does nearly 7% on his own and is a true blockstring.

We know a patch is coming, let's hope for the best.

Last edited:

rafaw

#YouSuck
Only guaranteed string after 4SKRC are f2 or f3 (maybe b3 too, but is has whiffing issues) :(

Also, hits EX Forceballs are both mid but even the straight one whiffs against crouch blocking. It is a pointless projectile and should get fixed too.

I love 4SKRC into 333 or 113 or 114 but the first hit whiffs anyway against crouch block, and not only against Cassie. I want to emphasize this point: it whiffs against almost anyone, Cassie is just an example.

If you need great chip damage to end a round after a connected nutpunch, and don't feel like pushing your luck because of random whiffs, I suggest trying 333xxhalf charged nutpunch...it does nearly 7% on his own and is a true blockstring.

You sure 114 is not guaranteed after 4skrc? bc 4skrc is ~+25 and 11(second 1 that is a mid comes out in 12 frames), so it should lock if done right, i use it a lot and when i do it right i didnt remember it geting stufed.

P.F.

Noob

Sounds like it's time to blow up Ed Boon's twitter page. :p #fixJohnnyCage

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
On 114 look at the 14's height in relation to a crouching Cassie. It's not even near her, it shouldn't hit even if it's a mid - just look at it! I'd just count it as a low profile. Also, you kept taking a step back from Cassie then doing 114 to force it to whiff so you can really emphasise the whiffing but I'd say it's more like tampering with evidence, if you like. Cage struggles against small crouching hitboxes, use the overheard to condition people to stand up then use your standing 4 or whatever.

It should definitely be more consistent on charcters that aren't small female crouching characters though. I didn't know standing 4 was guarenteed after nutpunch so thanks! Nice video.
Play the computer on very hard , of you do 114 even point blank they just unblock and it whiffs , sometimes followed by a full combo.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
You sure 114 is not guaranteed after 4skrc? bc 4skrc is ~+25 and 11(second 1 that is a mid comes out in 12 frames), so it should lock if done right, i use it a lot and when i do it right i didnt remember it geting stufed.
You might be right, got to check it in practice.I got my 114 stuffed many times after the first hit whiffs, but it is possible that my cancel was a few frames slow in those situations.

Play the computer on very hard , of you do 114 even point blank they just unblock and it whiffs , sometimes followed by a full combo.
I've tested 114 after the CPU as Tanya ducked the 4 and punished the last hit. So I went to practice mode and had Johnny do 114 and I tried to duck the 4 with Tanya and not able to after several attempts.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I've tested 114 after the CPU as Tanya ducked the 4 and punished the last hit. So I went to practice mode and had Johnny do 114 and I tried to duck the 4 with Tanya and not able to after several attempts.
I didn't say it was viable , just using it as an example to show how often it whiffs. It's clearly a bug is it not? IT'S A FUCKING MID

P.F.

Noob
In all seriousness, I think the CPU actually does cheat in this game. I have seen them cancel combos to block or do other strings on characters that just don't work that way.