What's new

Movie Skins Pack Revealed by NRS on Instagram

Art Lean

Noob
Pack is nice for sure...can tell Lambert's voice is just a bit different from younger days. Bridgette sounds better than Rousey...nice model too!

So I guess there's no Shang announcer to go with it....they gotta have it, what they saving it for :(:rolleyes:

I'd also have liked a new stage from the movie, the beach where the tourny stuff was fought. :D

View attachment 17842
It's a wonderful pack, so much prefer Ashby as Cage and he's my new default; he's got that suave likeable cool that the game version just seems to have replaced with pure goofiness - not to mention just to get the character in smart casuals again like MK9. And of course Wilson as Sonya is divine, shame I can't replace all my other Sonya skins with her face and voice, but I'll take her as my default without a single complaint.

Lambert as Raiden is fun, he never looked like he'd be much of a fighter in the movie anyway and his voice has aged immensely but other than that, great fun to have and long overdue!

Totally agree that an arena from the movie like the beach or their homage to The Courtyard would be fantastic. Or even the temple from the very beginning? Just want somewhere else beautiful and Asian to fight on and if for once we can get one of the stunning on-location arenas from the movie that would be a perfect final gift for fans for the 25th anniversary (as an aside, if anyone missed it, the original score was reissued on double picture disc vinyl in September for Record Store Day to commemorate the same), especially with the reboot now being delayed until next year.

And surely a Shang Announcer set MUST exist? It's ridiculous if it doesn't. I refuse to believe they got him in to record all the Krypt dialogue, voice his character for story mode, replaying the role he had in the movie where he effectively acted as the announcer, the designers knowing full well the game will have varied announcer sets (at least 3 were available on launch) and didn't ask him to just take 5 minutes to say everyone's names, the words "round", "fight", "wins", "fatality" and "brutality" and count to three.

Last edited:
Pack is nice for sure...can tell Lambert's voice is just a bit different from younger days. Bridgette sounds better than Rousey...nice model too!

So I guess there's no Shang announcer to go with it....they gotta have it, what they saving it for :(:rolleyes:

I'd also have liked a new stage from the movie, the beach where the tourny stuff was fought. :D

View attachment 17842
They could use this to give us the yin yang as well. Two birds, one stone :)

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
They'd be dumb to release these skins for Time Krystals lmao. And I'd be hella disappointed if they did. I'd rather they sold them separately like that Halloween pack for Jade, Kabal, and Liu.
i guess you were right. either way i happily bought it lol. know we just need robin sho as liu kang

NoCharge

Noob
Bridgettes face is definitely off. But I think it has to do with the ingame model itself. Sonya has a pretty big head to body ratio and her head is rounder than Bridgettes. It still looks more realistic than Sonya though. All three movie skins look more relistic. NRS should do this more often.