• Cage

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Quan Chi

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Kratos

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
How can Kenshi be the most unique? He's based around telekinesis like another character in the game. They changed it since MKD so his moves aren't an exact clone of Ermac. But then the spirit clone animation is a lot like Noob's shadow clone. So either way.

He's badass, yeah. Blind warrior kicking ass. I like him. But in a game with such character diversity in general... he seems like an odd one to single out.

Immortal

Blind justice....
How can Kenshi be the most unique? He's based around telekinesis like another character in the game. They changed it since MKD so his moves aren't an exact clone of Ermac. But then the spirit clone animation is a lot like Noob's shadow clone. So either way.

He's badass, yeah. Blind warrior kicking ass. I like him. But in a game with such character diversity in general... he seems like an odd one to single out.
It's no about total uniqueness imo. It's about what works overall / is interesting for people. Kenshi works on all levels - concept / art / story / design. He isn't the best in any particular of those but good / interesting in all.

Hini

Batomancer
I feel like people here are confusing unique with interresting, you can have really unique playstyles (or characters) that are exceptionally boring.

The idea of the blind swordsman is something that has been done a lot, doesnt mean its not interresting but its not really unique as far as character design goes, which is completely irrelevent to the topic at hand anyway since it was supposed to be about playstyle and mechanics, not character design.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Most people i've talked thinks that Kenshi looks great (for MK9 standards) and even on idea level - blind swordsman - it's really cool.
I think the joke went over your head :D

Probably should have added a sunglasses meme or something

I voted Kabal, Kung Lao and Raiden. If I had to pick between the 3, I'd go Kabal, just because everything about this character dominates. Insane play style, animations and a creative art concept . I mean this dude has a respirator, burn marks, nomad dashes, ponytails and hookswords. What more could you ask for? It would be great to see him in MKX, only toned down for balance reasons.

I never played too much Kung Lao but this guy has some crazy looking moves and is fast as hell. His character design is a cool spin on the shaolin monk archetype too. And his vest is as iconic as his blade edged hat. I 'll be playing him in MKX for sure, ready to IP Man punch some fools.

And lastly, I really enjoyed the feel of Raiden's move set in this game. That B3 reach tho. And those crazy wall combos... man.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Hm. I'm pretty sure that Shang used to have different kind of morph than what he had in MK9 back then. Technically :p
That's right. He would morph on-the-fly into any character he wanted after a provided input. That style of morph was present from MK up through MK4 with Shang and then Shinnok.

When they went to consoles, they got rid of the morph due to memory requirements or whatever. Until MK9 Shang came along which I thought was a great twist/workaround for that move.