What's new

Most Optimal Frost Kustom?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Look up a video on youtube by ILGENOWSKI. He goes over how Core Trap is broken midscreen too. The whole thing need to be changed or Frost is instantly in her own tier.
Holy shit and a half that's crazy. I saw a 12 min breakdown of his. That moves is nuts. If it doesnt get nerfed, Id have to learn it

In that +31 video, you can still jail with B2 after the burrowing auger. It's tight but totally doable. The neutral appears reset but they are stuck in block-stun for so long, you can definitely get at least a B2 from that far away. You'll probably do better with the burrowing auger than me.
In that case I can see doing B2~B.Auger to maintain pressure and allow you to further get in as a viable option for sure
So I played with B.Auger online heres what I notices
  • The setup works! In fact, I prefer it over the close grenade's hard knockdown because it the opponent is constantly under pressure from augers.
  • The setup fails if the opponent is being juggled too close though but I found that i was still able to recover on time but that could have been the shitty players online
  • Zoning is hard to deal with. Got zoned by a cassie really badly. You basically need to inch your way to your opponent as B.Auger does nothing to deal with zoning.
  • When playing footsie, doing a full range B2 into B.Auger leads to pressure and forces the person to block (you can then go in) or jump (anti-air)
  • If you want to grab after the burrowing auger setup, they can block the auger and neutral duck the grab so the mindgame in the opponent's mind after the setup is "Will Frost continue the pressure with a mid or grab". At which point you can hop attack or go for a 22 to be at +5 for another mindgame.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Does the projectile shield offer good utility when combined with auger and the ice quake? Or would you be better off just putting on something else?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Does the projectile shield offer good utility when combined with auger and the ice quake? Or would you be better off just putting on something else?
Definitely better off using something else.

Microburst or Auger lunge are what I’d recommend.

On an unrelated note, regarding the freeze trap; I can see them making it legal but with some significant changes. For example: Needing to be in the radius longer, decreasing the range of the projectile, requiring 1 defensive and 1 offensive bar to use, resetting on back dash (like captain colds trait used to), more startup/cool down etc.

I’m not saying it needs all of these nerfs - one or two would suffice depending - but in its current state it’s simply waaaaaaayyyy too broke.

Mandolore1123

Definitely better off using something else.

Microburst or Auger lunge are what I’d recommend.

On an unrelated note, regarding the freeze trap; I can see them making it legal but with some significant changes. For example: Needing to be in the radius longer, decreasing the range of the projectile, requiring 1 defensive and 1 offensive bar to use, resetting on back dash (like captain colds trait used to), more startup/cool down etc.

I’m not saying it needs all of these nerfs - one or two would suffice depending - but in its current state it’s simply waaaaaaayyyy too broke.
Fair enough, thanks. Should I be doing 2 bar combos to get the lunge KB set up whenever possible?

Also I think it Captain cold trap reset on back dash because they still had invincibility frames, so I doubt this'll work in MK11

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Fair enough, thanks. Should I be doing 2 bar combos to get the lunge KB set up whenever possible?

Also I think it Captain cold trap reset on back dash because they still had invincibility frames, so I doubt this'll work in MK11
I find I end up loading the KB by cashing out anti airs and jump in kicks. I don’t often commit to 2 bar combos unless it’s gonna end the round or unless I’m 1 away from the KB.

Mandolore1123

I find I end up loading the KB by cashing out anti airs and jump in kicks. I don’t often commit to 2 bar combos unless it’s gonna end the round or unless I’m 1 away from the KB.
But I thought the jump kick OS only works on grounded specials, the inputs should conflict with Ice Quake? Or do I just time it without doing the OS?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
But I thought the jump kick OS only works on grounded specials, the inputs should conflict with Ice Quake? Or do I just time it without doing the OS?
I’ll be honest, I don’t usually use ice quake so the conflict is new to me; but after labbing it for a minute there’s a timing that will OS so jik comes out only on block but the lunge will come out on hit.

Mandolore1123

I’ll be honest, I don’t usually use ice quake so the conflict is new to me; but after labbing it for a minute there’s a timing that will OS so jik comes out only on block but the lunge will come out on hit.
Thanks!

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Grrrrrr they didn't change the KB requirements on Frostbyte's BF4 KB at all! What are they thinking??

If you wanna use the headbomb, use it with any other special. Arctic Barrage is 100% dead and pointless. The variation called "Frostbyte" is dead.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Grrrrrr they didn't change the KB requirements on Frostbyte's BF4 KB at all! What are they thinking??

If you wanna use the headbomb, use it with any other special. Arctic Barrage is 100% dead and pointless. The variation called "Frostbyte" is dead.
Damn that sucks

Ive been experimenting with headbomb and augers. Gives the pressure of AA and the space control of the headbomb but I realize I have no good setups that i know. Most of the time that I open them up, I rather go for an auger combo to avoid giving them the opportunity to escape.

Also @scarsunseen you were dead on. RIP core trap, that shit got flat out removed from ranked lol

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Lolllll I knew it :p

I'm having trouble with bomb/core overload. Takes so much setup. I might play auger/bomb instead but it's all very new.

They could have nerfed the time it takes to get frozen by core trap, even make it cost 1 off and 1 def bar... But no, just remove the move. This is lazy dude.. wtf

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
They could have nerfed the time it takes to get frozen by core trap, even make it cost 1 off and 1 def bar... But no, just remove the move. This is lazy dude.. wtf
Honestly though, Im ok with its removal because the novelty is having someone there long enough to get frozen. If the time to get frozen was extended, then the move loses its main appeal since midscreen setups would be near impossible (unless your playing against a scrub). It would be limited to corner setups and even then, they could presumably get out of it more easily. You already lose mobility with that variation and lose anti-zone capabilities. Losing the midscreen setup as well just neuters the variation. Making it cost more meter also doesnt solve how OP it is, especially with the noob-friendly regenerating meter. At least here you can still use it to its full potential in customs.

Personally, I would rather have seen a stronger focus on the headbomb move so that it lives up to its past life (Cyber sub bombs)

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'm switching out my load-out. Bomb with core overload is too hard to get in lol. I need more practice with that one.

In the mean time, I was labbing more with burrowing auger. You can actually combo burrowing auger into DB2 core discharge for 11%. Seems like really good keep away, especially if you amplify the burrowing augers sometimes to throw them off.

this looks annoying to deal with

You can do 2 MB-b.augers into a core discharge DB2 for about 20%. Works midscreen. Looks annoying af :)

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I'm switching out my load-out. Bomb with core overload is too hard to get in lol. I need more practice with that one.

In the mean time, I was labbing more with burrowing auger. You can actually combo burrowing auger into DB2 core discharge for 11%. Seems like really good keep away, especially if you amplify the burrowing augers sometimes to throw them off.

this looks annoying to deal with

You can do 2 MB-b.augers into a core discharge DB2 for about 20%. Works midscreen. Looks annoying af :)
1. Thats sick

2. How do you record? I capture on my xbox but its not uploading to my xbox account for some reason

3. I can definitely confirm that the amplified burrowing auger mindfucks people. The delay before it arrives gets some people to let go of block to move and they get caught. When they are in the corner, all the augers and the B2 becoming ridiculously obnoxious and I love it.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I usually just upload straight from PS4 to YouTube. I also have an Elgato capture card.

I feel like I need to drop the bomb/core overload custom for 2 big and silly reasons..1) can't keep up vs other characters and their respective KB damage, 2) KBs make setups go away, which is really annoying!

I could set up a bomb or amplified core overload, then either of us could hit each other with a KB, and the setup vanishes. I hate that MY setup vanishes when I've been successful with a KB.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So I managed to record a game with Kustom (Auger + Burrowing Auger)

A few things:
  • That flawless block though :cool:
  • Seen in other games: The burrowing auger really paralyzes a person if they have no defensive meter. No rolling, no wake up, forced to block, it's magnificent.
  • If they try to press buttons after blocking the burrowing auger, your B1 blows them up. Once they learn that and they block, you go in with grabs. Once they start neutral ducking expecting a grab, you have enough time to go for B3. It's a beauty

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Ya people are having trouble vs burrowing auger oki. I frequently catch people with a grab when they roll forward
honestly so far I find it a very strong kustom.
The question for me is this:

You have Kustom 1 (Auger + dive kick + microburst) that can deal with zoning, do damage and has a hard knockdown with the grenade, then you have Kustom 2 (Auger + Burrowing auger) who cant deal with zoning but has a more powerful oki. Which to choose?

Then, when we figure that out, we gotta pin the winner against kustoms with head bombs and see which is overall best.

As of now, I feel the novelty in playing the burrowing auger might be causing a bias.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
@Law Hero

Here's a game with Burrowing Auger and Auger I played against a nightwolf. If you do it as a combo ender, the opponent has to either block, roll or U3. All other wakeup options get snuffed out (examples at 0:24, 1:10, 1:30)

Here are some stuff you can do, courtesy of @scarsunseen

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'm having much more success with b.auger/ice auger also. I want to use the headbomb setups but they don't work as well with this patch because of fewer getup frames. Everyone just JUMPS all the fucking time lol. I've been doing setups like yours but I'm leaving out the B1 before b.augers. I find that B1-b.augers leaves them too close sometimes. Burrowing augers are honestly really good. I underestimated them at first for sure.