What's new

Mosp vs Brownie Weekly Casual Videos [Updated 12/14/12]

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Smarrgasm L0rdoftheFLY
Thoughts on the Rain vs Skarlet video?
Nice job on the ex dc back dash to f4 in match 2. I only had time to watch 2 matches, but it looked like you were doing what needed to be done. This mu is 6-4, possibly 7-3. Rain has to out play skarlet, as he doesn't have the advantage in his toolset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Brownie...when rain has meter, you need to wait for the red dash slide and armor RH. Especially at the beginning of the match to get the first hit. Also I didnt see you using eh bubble to take away her meter other than once. That is a huge advantage for Rain. You were also falling for the same tactics you fell for when you were cage. rains tools in certain situations are much better to deal with her armor.

Mosp had you breaking combos and I think that whichever player has the other breaking more in an armor battle like this wins. If you breaking combos you dont have the meter to comeback. Both characters comeback factors rely on meter for armor. Rain struggles because of his hitbox. It didnt look like mosp was really taking advantage of that with f212 strings at all. Maybe a little toward the end.

My 2 cents...

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
Brownie...when rain has meter, you need to wait for the red dash slide and armor RH. Especially at the beginning of the match to get the first hit. Also I didnt see you using eh bubble to take away her meter other than once. That is a huge advantage for Rain. You were also falling for the same tactics you fell for when you were cage. rains tools in certain situations are much better to deal with her armor.

Mosp had you breaking combos and I think that whichever player has the other breaking more in an armor battle like this wins. If you breaking combos you dont have the meter to comeback. Both characters comeback factors rely on meter for armor. Rain struggles because of his hitbox. It didnt look like mosp was really taking advantage of that with f212 strings at all. Maybe a little toward the end.

My 2 cents...
To be honest I felt really rusty with Rain. You could tell half way through the video when I was getting stance change instead of 43. I've been practicing a lot more with Rain and I think I could do better in that match now that the ring rust is gone. I feel like using EX bubble in that match is kinda a waste. Even if I do drain her meter I use a full bar to drain 3/4ths of her bar. She will always have the meter advantage. I feel that it is very hard for Rain to build meter in that match. I can't really use round house cancels because she can armor out in between or just d3 to avoid it all together. She can build meter all day by making me block slides and throwing daggers. I feel like she can throw out slides carelessly because even if I block it she has no reason to fear my pressure. When she fights Cage and he blocks a slide it's a lot more scary than when Rain blocks a slide. A lot of the traps he was doing on me I know I can get out of I was just miss timing it. I was disappointed on how I played all together.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
To be honest I felt really rusty with Rain. You could tell half way through the video when I was getting stance change instead of 43. I've been practicing a lot more with Rain and I think I could do better in that match now that the ring rust is gone. I feel like using EX bubble in that match is kinda a waste. Even if I do drain her meter I use a full bar to drain 3/4ths of her bar. She will always have the meter advantage. I feel that it is very hard for Rain to build meter in that match. I can't really use round house cancels because she can armor out in between or just d3 to avoid it all together. She can build meter all day by making me block slides and throwing daggers. I feel like she can throw out slides carelessly because even if I block it she has no reason to fear my pressure. When she fights Cage and he blocks a slide it's a lot more scary than when Rain blocks a slide. A lot of the traps he was doing on me I know I can get out of I was just miss timing it. To be honest I was disappointed on how I played all together.
Yea I got you...I could tell it wasnt your best play. But honestly if you eh HR just one slide, your life will get easier...especially if you do it to start the round to get the meter bonus.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Yea fly we definitely need to record some. Brownie the ex bubble is worth it cause you drain her meter just as you're setting her down for pressure which just builds yours back. Mixing up rains pressure with cancel jumps and other shenanigans helps to slow the use of armor and possibly open her up.

Another thing, like fly said, you gotta start anticipating the slide patterns. Most skarlets will slide at some point when they close in with dagger cancels or when you start to close the gap. If you can find this pattern it scares them to be mobile which takes a lot of her spacing game away.

Mosp

Noob

My 2 cents...
Honestly I have no idea how to abuse the f2 string. I believe you were the one that told me if you cancel into a whiffed ex dagger from the f2 string then your +6 or +7 and they can't poke because f4 will hit them out of it. I've tried and tested this a million times and he can always poke before my f4 hits, if it is possible it seems like a just frame cancel and input. Are you sure this works?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Honestly I have no idea how to abuse the f2 string. I believe you were the one that told me if you cancel into a whiffed ex dagger from the f2 string then your +6 or +7 and they can't poke because f4 will hit them out of it. I've tried and tested this a million times and he can always poke before my f4 hits, if it is possible it seems like a just frame cancel and input. Are you sure this works?
yes...you were doing it off of b11f4 with success. If that works then the f2121+2 cancel into f4 works even beter. Ive tested with pig and yes you HAVE to be fast.

Things like that are what make her so execution heavy. just be careful doing that against rain. his armor is easy to interupt it with.

Mosp

Noob
yes...you were doing it off of b11f4 with success. If that works then the f2121+2 cancel into f4 works even beter. Ive tested with pig and yes you HAVE to be fast.

Things like that are what make her so execution heavy. just be careful doing that against rain. his armor is easy to interupt it with.
Well the only reason it works with b11f4 is because he was poking too late. That string doesn't really cause any block stun so they can poke right as the dagger is passing over them, it just works during matches every now and then because either people don't expect it or because it's pretty fast. I've never had the f4 punish work using the f2 string which is why I never do it and I've tried it a million times in practice mode.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well the only reason it works with b11f4 is because he was poking too late. That string doesn't really cause any block stun so they can poke right as the dagger is passing over them, it just works during matches every now and then because either people don't expect it or because it's pretty fast. I've never had the f4 punish work using the f2 string which is why I never do it and I've tried it a million times in practice mode.
You shouldn't see the dash it's soo fast.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
We recorded tonight and fly won the most (of the ones we recorded). I was a bit rusty and had some huge errors and he hit a toasty in one of our matches as well. I think this is a solid 6-4 in skarlets favor because of rains hitbox. The ex dagger traps are ridiculous so whenever she touches you with meter it becomes really bad. Its a fun MU but i believe its in her favor.