What's new

Mosp vs Brownie Weekly Casual Videos [Updated 12/14/12]

Mosp

Noob
Hey guys! Me and Brownie thought in order to keep our weekly sparring sessions from getting stale that we would make a thread posting some of our match videos which we will constantly update as long as we are both playing. We are open to any suggestions people have whether it's in regards to the video, this thread, or just playing certain matchups. I play most of the cast so I'm down with playing whichever matchups spark interest. I will also be putting the videos in spoiler tags to make this thread less sluggish.

Skarlet (Mosp) vs Cage (Brownie) 12/5/12

Kabal (Mosp) vs Cage (Brownie) 12/5/12

Skarlet (Mosp) vs Rain (Brownie) 12/12/12

Shang (Mosp) vs Smoke (Brownie) 12/12/12

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Brownie knows fucking well Skarlet matchup Oo;

Nice stuff mosp, I like to see you playing (skar). You should use more f3 against small hitbox char I guess.

Next : skar vs rain :p

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
More ex down slash mid screen Mosp - Brownie isn't respecting it in those videos at all and you build the meter right back on hit. Make him have to guess what you're gonna do, but don't go for it too often.

More F4,3 as well and bait the jump over - punish with U3. Aka dash in, F4,3. Next time, dash in, U3. If U3 whiffs, dash backwards into F4,3. Cage relies heavily on his ability to close distance with dashes and punches. Make him hesitate even slightly and you get free pressure.

Great use of ex dagger back dash into F4. That's a read - commit to it sometimes and do a down slash if you can't confirm the F4 into up slash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mosp

Noob
More ex down slash mid screen Mosp - Brownie isn't respecting it in those videos at all and you build the meter right back on hit. Make him have to guess what you're gonna do, but don't go for it too often.

More F4,3 as well and bait the jump over - punish with U3. Aka dash in, F4,3. Next time, dash in, U3. If U3 whiffs, dash backwards into F4,3. Cage relies heavily on his ability to close distance with dashes and punches. Make him hesitate even slightly and you get free pressure.

Great use of ex dagger back dash into F4. That's a read - commit to it sometimes and do a down slash if you can't confirm the F4 into up slash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
We'll be recording some more matches tonight so I'll try to incorporate some of that stuff, thanks for the input.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Mosp

Noob
So @stb smargasm plays rain vs me and I must say it could be 5-5 (Probably 6-4 skarlet). The key is using meter drain bubble with him to keep skarlet honest.
You have any match videos of you 2 I can watch? I think the matchup is definitely hard for Rain.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
We should be having another offline meeting before too long. We can record some then im guessing. Its a fun MU but i think it is slightly in skarlets favor. Like fly said if i can drain his meter at any point then it swings a little more in rains favor.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
We'll be recording some more matches tonight so I'll try to incorporate some of that stuff, thanks for the input.
Really good play man. D4,empty dash is great to use vs Cage - he's waiting for you to do the Slide so you're at -3 and he can reverse pressure for free.