What's new

Question - Master of Souls MoS Ermac, go for vortex or damage?

Afumba

Noob
I find Ermac to be quite the beast up close so I try to stay in everybody's face as much as I can. But KL...fuck that guy and his fucking EX-Spin that breaks my pressure and gives him a combo...:mad:
Well for me its cuz of the playstyle in general. I prefer spacing and zoning over any kind of rushdown or beeing in your face all the time.
I like the thought of punishing someone/making a read and start a anew from half screen.

While i agree with you that MoS Ermac is a beast up close, i think his game outside of it is as good. Thats actually why i think he is really strong.
And unlike some others he has enough drawbacks to not make him look broken or plain pathetic.

On Kung Lao - yea i can see him beeing annoying :D Havent played any real KL so far... the few games i had against KLs are not worth mentioning.
But i cant see me playing the MU agressively like at all :D In MK9 this was my favorite MU with Ermac. Was so much fun to play.

omooba

fear the moobs
Ok, so i ve been thinking about this for quite some time now, especially with the new combos discovered on MoS Ermac, and i seriously believe that its better to take away 40% of the opponents life meterless than go for a situation that might backlash at my face. I honestly believe, since Ermac's 50/50 is extremely unsafe, that its better to go for the full damage once you open up your opponent with a combo, but i m willing to discuss this to see what do you guys think. So, what do you guys think? :p

@zaf, @Big D, @k-frog,@N1k0lasss @all Ermac players.
i would go for the full damage in the first round of the match everytime. because
  1. most people don't want to break in first match.
  2. you can run up and start it again after the knockdown.
after the first round i would probably vortex if
  1. i'm not facing a high damage character or
  2. i really really REALLY don't want to go back to the neutral game due to godlike normals like idk 5 frame f1 from thor OR the whiff punish jesus into safe vortex kotal khan