What's new

Video/Tutorial - Tremor Mortal Kombat X: Tremor Official Trailer; Out Now for Kombat Pack Owners!

Not bad, not bad at all. He has more projectiles than I expected (which is fine with me). I think it's kinda weird that they are doing a Kombat Kast the day he comes out, though. I think it would make more since doing one tomorrow. It could have been:

Today = Trailer/First Gameplay
Yesterday = In-Depth Breakdown
Next Day = Character Release (for Kombat Pack owners)
do you know what yesterday means?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Why does it always feel like everyone is always trying to jump onto the next potential 'top-tier' zoning character. If you can't zone with Kenshi, Kitana, Quan Chi or Shinnok then your just bad at it and no new dlc is going to fix that
For me I didn't really like Kenshi aesthetically. He's cool and all just not my character. I tried quan but don't want a puppet character nor did I like the feeling of being centered within a zone. I liked warlock but once again just didn't fit. I don't like Kitana because I don't like the idea of constantly doing fans to zone. I never got around to Shinnok. Might try out BS or necro.

HQT and hunter Predator is great for me though. I like generally as a character. When I'm using his projectiles I feel like i'm constantly watching my opponent and mixing my blasts and smart disc up. Also doesn't hurt he has ok pressure for those times I need to make something happen. His normals are pretty good too.

Tremor is already doing the same thing for me. I personally think earthbending is the best (only beat out by my secret love for ice moves). His voice is awesome. I like the strings where he stomps/poses and the ground rumbles. His rock moves although seem generic look to be interesting through application. I already suspect gold/lava will be the better zoner tremor while crystal might have some range but be better suited as a counter zoner/footsie character. I'm hoping aftershock shows some uniqueness/usefullness.

My point being there are a variety of reasons to pick a character besides just being good with a zoner. It's like why play ryu, guile, or any other projectile user when there is Sagat. They're all different.

King Cash

Next Level
He looks amazing. Dope voice, good design, except the non masked version eww.. The only dlc i was hype for.. Hopefully he plays well, or i should say i play well with him.

You guys notice, in what I assume is the "crystalline" variation he throws a rock down and uses it like a interact-able jump out?! What looks like a roll for a back dash!

Now we just need K.P2 with Rain and whoever else idc.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
despite what my edited post may say im actually a little disappointed with this one. i dont see this character as new or original he just seems to be mixing moves from existing characters. really wish they could have taken inspiration for him outside of their own game because so much more could have been done with him.
i think he is completely unique in every way, they just better fix the netcode after him.... im sooooooooooooooo done with online, last night was something horrific. 4 sec lag, yep go to jik doesn't come out til seconds after i land from said jik, then sometimes came out beforei landed on ground,

LIKE I SAID, THEIR MAIN FOCUS SHOULD BE THE ONLINE EXPERIENCE.....

I DONT GIVE A FUK ABOUT ANYMORE CHARACTERS TIL THEY FIX THE NETCODE/LAG/SERVERS OR WHATEVER IT MAY BE, CUZ FRANKLY ILL JUST QUIT THE GAME

there is only so many times you can play in practice before it becomes tedious.

and they should add a ping value instead of the rigged everyone gets green bars thing, like you have 15ms ping your opponent has 300ms ping warning don't play if you value combos/inputability

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
i think he is completely unique in every way,
Kung Lao's hat, Scorpian's flames, anouther arking Fire ball, anouther chip reducer, portable interactable, Jax's ground pound.

all I see are reused and buffed assets, which is honestly how I could describe most of the DLC characters.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm curious as to what time the DLC will be available.
Will it be midnight for EU?
Or will it be the same again where we can download it but not use the character? =/

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
I wasn't excited for tremor much, but dayum, I would be lying if I said I wasn't hype after this trailer

I actually don't fully remember cause I was up with everyone. I do remember people posting Predator stuff for a while though before PC got it. We might have gotten it same day just later in the day or the day after. I'd have to look around though. I do remember that whole launch was weird though. I think EU PSN had it for a while before anyone else.
As I recall, every DLC character on consoles and PC have had issues coming out "on time," where some people get them before others by a few hours.

However, they always role out to everyone on launch day itself.

Since a release time is not specified, just a release date, they have come out on time.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Kung Lao's hat, Scorpian's flames, anouther arking Fire ball, anouther chip reducer, portable interactable, Jax's ground pound.

all I see are reused and buffed assets, which is honestly how I could describe most of the DLC characters.
Who else in the game has a portable interactable?

Of course he has a ground pound. He controls the earth.

Of course he hurls lava.

Do you know why?

Think: he controls earth/soil/tectonic shifting(to make the earth quake)

So what is at the earth's core?

MAGMA.

What do you want him to do, if not earth-based moves?

Quit complaining.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Who else in the game has a portable interactable?

Of course he has a ground pound. He controls the earth.

Of course he hurls lava.

Do you know why?

Think: he controls earth/soil/tectonic shifting(to make the earth quake)

So what is at the earth's core?

MAGMA.

What do you want him to do, if not earth-based moves?

Quit complaining.
I want him to do visually interesting and new earth based moves, at least for MKX. in comparison Aganos blows him out of the water in terms of creativity, actually all of KI seems to do that on a regular basis.

Jason was interesting, but it was ultimatley gimmicks, Predator just got better versions of things including one that is flat out what gunslinger should have been.Tanya was easily the most interesting and she got normalized. it's not even her fault she was allowed in the tournaments far too quickly before she could dilute into the player pool. Nobody cared how good she was they just didn't want everyone playing as her.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I want him to do visually interesting and new earth based moves, at least for MKX. in comparison Aganos blows him out of the water in terms of creativity, actually all of KI seems to do that on a regular basis.

Jason was interesting, but it was ultimatley gimmicks, Predator just got better versions of things including one that is flat out what gunslinger should have been.Tanya was easily the most interesting and she got normalized. it's not even her fault she was allowed in the tournaments far too quickly before she could dilute into the player pool. Nobody cared how good she was they just didn't want everyone playing as her.

So you want something new and interesting, but when you get new and interesting Jason, you call him nothing but gimmicks.

So in short, there is literally no pleasing you.

Also...

And i can't believe i have to spell this out to you, but...

Aganos is in a completely different game with a completely different engine. Of course he's going to do things differently than your average MK Character. Jesus.

It's official: This thread fucking sucks.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
So you want something new and interesting, but when you get new and interesting Jason, you call him nothing but gimmicks.

So in short, there is literally no pleasing you.

Also...

And i can't believe i have to spell this out to you, but...

Aganos is in a completely different game with a completely different engine. Of course he's going to do things differently than your average MK Character. Jesus.

It's official: This thread fucking sucks.
you really arent that bright. gimmicks are poorly thought out ideas that work in theory but not in practice which is certainly how i would describe relentless and unstopable. pursuit and resurrection are made practically useless by anyone with a projectile or teleport, and resurrection CRIPPLES the variation by draining all of its meter after death. i want good ideas not gimmicks. a gimmick can be a good idea with enough thought put into it, but Jason was made to sell not to compete and it shows.

a good idea is Tanya's dust which you can throw out with little risk, but you need a second exchange or fireball to set it off. it makes her play kind of like Azrael from Blazblue in a way.