What's new

Mortal Kombat X Story Trailer Released - Featuring Many Character Reveals

Jordy

Noob
Guys a little bit offtopic but do u maybe know if the character select screen is final? I mean, it looks REALLY REALLY (repeated 50 more times) horrible and boring.

trufenix

bye felicia
Guys a little bit offtopic but do u maybe know if the character select screen is final? I mean, it looks REALLY REALLY (repeated 50 more times) horrible and boring.
what? MKX has the most exciting character select screen I dunno, ever. What could possibly be improved?

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
it's a slight variation on the same one they've been using for every demo build. I'm guessing it's not the final one, but probably very representative. We know the pre-match walk off isn't going anywhere, but i'm willing to bet the background can be different for various reasons, and they can alter the number of slots however they see fit more or less. The kind of fine detail added to select screens for release would be one of the very last details finalized in either case.

Jordy

Noob
what? MKX has the most exciting character select screen I dunno, ever. What could possibly be improved?
cmon the slots are Boooring and the background makes me wanna dig a grave, bury myself inside and let the sadness kill me

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
cmon the slots are Boooring and the background makes me wanna dig a grave, bury myself inside and let the sadness kill me
It's weird but somehow fits the new dark atmosphere, but I agree in part, like it lacks vitality, and I don't mean color, it's something else, maybe is the arrange of the slots I don't know but it needs to be more agressive, incite you to fight.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Good eye on the rifle. I noticed a few things on some of the other characters weapons as well.
Some quick observations for Takeda. In case you guys didn't catch it, his metal whips seem to be retractable. Also notice the yellow sparks and smoke from the strike. What detail!

I wonder if Takeda's whips were being referenced when Boon tweeted the word "HOTWIRE" a while back.

It's weird but somehow fits the new dark atmosphere, but I agree in part, like it lacks vitality, and I don't mean color, it's something else, maybe is the arrange of the slots I don't know but it needs to be more agressive, incite you to fight.
I know what you mean. It's hard to say, but I get the feeling maybe they were going for a more mysterious theme and approach for this select screen which is pretty cool.

I think they had they nailed it with Deception's select screen to get you in the mood to fight. Especially considering the music. Did you like that one?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
What's kinda upsetting me is all these comments I've seen from TYM and the comments in the video on YouTube is that everyone is saying that both Sub Zero brothers are in the game like MK9 because one has the scar and the other doesnt. You guys do realize that they literally have the same voice actor playing both outfits right?
Same voice actor, same gameplay fight stance. They are the same person, we just don't quite have all the timeline details of the costumes yet.

I wonder if Takeda's whips were being referenced when Boon tweeted the word "HOTWIRE" a while back.
I wouldn't even doubt it bro. I absolutely love all the new ideas NRS is coming out with. The new weapons are looking flawless. That's why for the longest time I felt that we could of seen a lot more originality, when NRS clearly has other good ideas.

I mean it's cool to see old content return. I just think if something is to return after it's been seen the same way a couple times already and has had no real dramatic change in term of presentation or is poorly executed (like Quan's leg rip fatal for instance in MK9; MK4's was better I think), the concept must be updated. That just my opinion though.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think they had they nailed it with Deception's select screen to get you in the mood to fight. Especially considering the music. Did you like that one?
To be completely honest I prefer the Kung Fu movie theme in general, but the deception one was badass, that's for sure. And it has some similarities with the MKX select screen, maybe it's the sound that needs to change, they could make one like in deception but more fast paced and would be perfect :cool:.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
This one gotta be Reiko.

Damn.. I wish, but I see no sign of eye tats.. which is pretty much Reiko's only distinguishing feature. That being said, I don't feel like it looks much like Jax either, which is the other main theory on that one.

MK Led

Umbasa
Kinda off topic but has anyone played dragon age? I just watched the trailer again and that (possibly Li Mei) character is totally the same voice actress as Leliana.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I really hope one of Sub Zero's variations give his alternate the mask he wears in his primary. He would look so badass. I mean he already does but still haha

Good eye on the rifle. I noticed a few things on some of the other characters weapons as well.

Jacqeuline seems to have some sort of gun or maybe flamethrower? attached to

Really cool looking weapon IMO.

Some quick observations for Takeda. In case you guys didn't catch it, his metal whips seem to be retractable. Also notice the yellow sparks and smoke from the strike. What detail!
Contraption that appears to store the whips.
Omega Red confirmed.