What's new

Mortal Kombat X Story Trailer Released - Featuring Many Character Reveals

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
So who do you guys think Sub-Zero is talking to at the end? The whole "Earthrealm's fate lies with you"

Just noticed that in the second picture Erron has that thing on his back as opposed to the first it isn't there. Can we be seeing a possible variation difference?
Good eye on the rifle. I noticed a few things on some of the other characters weapons as well.

Jacqeuline seems to have some sort of gun or maybe flamethrower? attached to her forearms.

I believe they have a double barrel too.

Also, here they are glowing blue. Maybe another variation?

Really cool looking weapon IMO.

Some quick observations for Takeda. In case you guys didn't catch it, his metal whips seem to be retractable. Also notice the yellow sparks and smoke from the strike. What detail!

Contraption that appears to store the whips.

Jordy

Noob
I really dont like humans characters...its maybe just me but i find them really cheap... nrs should focus on chars with supernatural powers like ermac, rain, other ninjas, havik, hotaru, fujin, shinnok, etc... i dont give a sh.. about cassie cage or miss briggs they r boring. the only nice humans were reiko, tanya and maybe bo rai cho.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I really dont like humans characters...its maybe just me but i find them really cheap... nrs should focus on chars with supernatural powers like ermac, rain, other ninjas, havik, hotaru, fujin, shinnok, etc... i dont give a sh.. about cassie cage or miss briggs they r boring. the only nice humans were reiko, tanya and maybe bo rai cho.
lmfao Reiko, Tanya and Bo Rai Cho are not humans. Tanya is edenian, the other two are from Outworld.

Anyway, I love all the new characters so far. The trailer looks so fucking good it made me cum. I need more.

Levaranoia

War God
I was sort of with you...right until you mentioned that piece of trash hotaru. What a garbage character.

Jordy

Noob
well Hotaru had a kool look, the problem was they didnt give him a nice story and personality, moves etc but he could has been a really good char if developed in another way.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
What's kinda upsetting me is all these comments I've seen from TYM and the comments in the video on YouTube is that everyone is saying that both Sub Zero brothers are in the game like MK9 because one has the scar and the other doesnt. You guys do realize that they literally have the same voice actor playing both outfits right?

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
Question:

Assuming that it is Kitana fighting againts Cassie in the trailer, why is she dead 25 years in the future?
She didn´t came back after the Netherealm war? She died again?

Would like to hear your opinion on that.

MK Led

Umbasa
Question:

Assuming that it is Kitana fighting againts Cassie in the trailer, why is she dead 25 years in the future?
She didn´t came back after the Netherealm war? She died again?

Would like to hear your opinion on that.
Perhaps she just happens to stay dead/a Quan Chi zombie for 25 years, considering she is around 10,000 years old, its not a huge inconvenience for her :p It looks like most of the story takes place 25 years after Mk9, so maybe Cassie and friends decide they should go to Netherrealm and save the old Earthrealm warriors, so they can help them fight whoever ends up being the big bad. (I know you can't usually save someone from being dead, but this is mortal kombat we're talking about).

That would also explain Kung Lao, and anyone else who ends up coming back to life to be a playable character.

Looks similar. Really solidifies my thoughts that that is Johnny Cage.
f3 3,f3 3, f3 3 ,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3,f3 3 confirmed

Last edited:
Perhaps she just happens to stay dead/a Quan Chi zombie for 25 years, considering she is around 10,000 years old, its not a huge inconvenience for her :p It looks like most of the story takes place 25 years after Mk9, so maybe Cassie and friends decide they should go to Netherrealm and save the old Earthrealm warriors, so they can help them fight whoever ends up being the big bad. (I know you can't usually save someone from being dead, but this is mortal kombat we're talking about).

That would also explain Kung Lao, and anyone else who ends up coming back to life to be a playable character.
Kung Lao is older though. It would be weird if he aged while being dead. Unless he was freed before Kitana. Maybe that's why Raiden asks him where he has been in their intro.