What's new

Mortal Kombat X Results - Winter Brawl 11

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
try to become interesting/appealing

don't start with sonicfox right away, try to get on some stream or with someone with a name but within your grasp
from there just don't be a training dummy even if you lose, show that you can make them bleed and get those props
from there sneak into koth rooms and widen your audience
It's not an issue for me anymore lol I was speaking on the past. I can get games with just about anyone except SonicFox and Scar these days lol

Tweedy

Noob
well top players only play with top players and won't spend time with lower level players to help others level up. Real shit.

Tbh, we are too small of a community to not set up some sort of NRS Akademy where several top players do classes or something to help people level up.

But, in retrospect, there is a lot more high level players than in MK9
I didn't see this.

Maybe the dumbest line I've ever read. It's not even that I don't like Corzz or anything it just is what it is lol.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
The only person that I could never get a game with was Sonic, which I can understand. Even back when I was like....just starting out I find the majority of people would just be like yeah sure. And it's like Tweedy said, there are tons of online clans that are filled with players of all skill levels. Emperor, Khaotic and Kinetic are the big 3. If you're a cool dude then they'll always be like yeah let's go.

Tweedy

Noob
This is a really disappointing thread because I've actually dropped what I was doing just to play 30+ game sets with Corrz.

meh

Edit: By that I mean the comments. The actual thread title and OP has nothing to do with what i'm getting at obviously.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This is a really disappointing thread because I've actually dropped what I was doing just to play 30+ game sets with Corrz.

meh

Edit: By that I mean the comments. The actual thread title and OP has nothing to do with what i'm getting at obviously.
I see where Corrz is coming from though.
The community needs more Terry Funk types. Senseis. Teacher types.
Guys who know the ring in and out but want everyone they fight to do just as well if not better than they do because they know more quality players = higher quality scene.

Fuck holding back tech. Once I get a grasp on IG2/when I get my PS4 and back into MKXL, I'll battle/lab/experiment/climb the indomitable cliffs of Ultimate Babylon with whoever, whenever. MU experience, theory fights, senseless interactable throwing violence, whatever X player needs to level up and shake off their nerves.

Sonic is a one in a million force in the FGC. He's amazing. He's furry. He's great.
But I don't understand how it's 2017 and more people aren't close to that level yet.
The math makes my head hurt.

haketh

Noob
I didn't see this.

Maybe the dumbest line I've ever read. It's not even that I don't like Corzz or anything it just is what it is lol.
Yeah like unless things have changed in the past year I've been unable to travel, people are genreally willing to give games to anyone.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Great so now top 8's are just Triborg mirror matches, with Dragon's Kitana/Shinnok.
Sonic needs to bring back Jason and Cassie.
There needs to be more variety.

FinalBoss_FGC

I didn't see this.

Hey fucker.

I even said it's not an issue for me anymore.

And I could have used "many top players" but I don't see myself as a low level player...I play at a relatively high level but I have zero MU knowledge lmao

So stop saying things that I say are stupid.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Personal experience when I was trying to get better. On Twitter, high level players generally ignore you unless you go to offline tourneys and meet them. Slayer NEVER responded to me asking about KJ until I went to MWC16 and placed 5th taking him to game 5 in Winners top 8, then he'd start chatting with me. I've asked SonicFox several times for games and he don't respond. Hell, I used to be really good friends with Dragon and for a while he wouldn't play with me because "He was just trying to play against the best right now". It's not like that right now but there was a time. You know how many times I've played Scar? I've asked him multiple times on Twitter and in his Twitch chat and he has NEVER replied.

Now, I'm not faulting anybody or shaming anybody nor am I talking shit. Everyone is themselves and I respect them as players and people but I am telling you right now from personal experience. You go to the offline events and you make yourself known via personality or gameplay or people are ignoring you.

EDIT: now there are several players that'd play with me even when I was shit in IGAU...Pig, DarthArma amongst others...and in MKX F0xy was always willing to play. So there are some good ones.
The biggest thing you can do to join this community, is go a single offline major. Walk up and introduce yourself to everyone, and play casuals. 80% of life is just showing up. The first offline (out of my homewotwn) event I went to I met arma, decay, kdz, cossner and a bunch of other ny/nj guys. They showed me around a Big E event a month later and now I just walk up to anyone and ask for casuals without fear. I've played all of the aforementioned more than once, PL, and a bunch of gga guys just because i walked up and said "hey wanna play?" and almost everyone says yes, without hesitation. I SUCK at these games, but you learn a lot and will be surprised how quickly you level up in a weekend. But you have to find a way in, and online only thats harder.

FinalBoss_FGC

The biggest thing you can do to join this community, is go a single offline major. Walk up and introduce yourself to everyone, and play casuals. 80% of life is just showing up. The first offline (out of my homewotwn) event I went to I met arma, decay, kdz, cossner and a bunch of other ny/nj guys. They showed me around a Big E event a month later and now I just walk up to anyone and ask for casuals without fear. I've played all of the aforementioned more than once, PL, and a bunch of gga guys just because i walked up and said "hey wanna play?" and almost everyone says yes, without hesitation. I SUCK at these games, but you learn a lot and will be surprised how quickly you level up in a weekend. But you have to find a way in, and online only thats harder.
I've been to 2 CEOs and 3 MWCs

and like I stated, it's not an issue I come across anymore

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
well top players only play with top players and won't spend time with lower level players to help others level up. Real shit.

Tbh, we are too small of a community to not set up some sort of NRS Akademy where several top players do classes or something to help people level up.

But, in retrospect, there is a lot more high level players than in MK9
When i was new almost nobody played me or responded to me. I just made a twitch account and hopped in top player streams. Id ask that way and sometimes got games. Honeybee would play me A LOT and told me i should play rewind as well. When i went offline and started talking to the players, they played me too.

Best way to get a person to play you is either on twitter or when they are streaming. Dont aim for the very top. Me personally i try to play anyone who asks minus people who just keep complaining.