What's new

Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Tips & Tricks Thread

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
One thing I'm noticing is that occasionally I'll start the game and it'll say the "connection error" so I have to do the trick to link the WBplay to the mobile.

It sucks.

Oh and the app still crashes!

Still waiting for that update...

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
One thing I'm noticing is that occasionally I'll start the game and it'll say the "connection error" so I have to do the trick to link the WBplay to the mobile.

It sucks.

Oh and the app still crashes!

Still waiting for that update...
I'm getting the connection error a lot today, its a pain in the ass. Occasionally crashes for me as well. I wonder when the next daily challenge tower will be up. I want those coins.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I'm getting the connection error a lot today, its a pain in the ass. Occasionally crashes for me as well. I wonder when the next daily challenge tower will be up. I want those coins.
Ok, so I'm not alone. Lol.

Whenever it crashes I load the app, and while its loading I reset my phone.

It works sometimes, but sometimes I still have to try that link trick to stop getting the connection error.

I feel like they meant to have the daily challenge tower up because it was only live for that one day.

Looks like we'll have to wait till Tuesday to get the most out of the app.

Lastly, I'm looking forward to that Raiden challenge tower!

Hopefully we get some nice payout for completing that one.

insignis

Noob
Found another trick. Switching your device recharges your team and resets daily test your luck and challenges - easy souls farm.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Best silver character to try and duplicate? Scorpion or Kenshi?
Definitely Kenshi!

Also, anyone not able to get online. All day today it's been saying "connection error."

I'm trying the trick but it's not working, keeps saying "failed to associate _____ to this profile."

:(

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time
Has anybody else updated their iOS device to 8.3? Ever since I did I'm having trouble getting the clock reset trick to work.

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time
Just tried it a couple of times and no luck. I've been playing it on my iPad 3. I'm gonna see if I can get it to connect long enough to move my account to my iPhone and see if I have better luck there.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Can anyone share who they feel are the best / worst cards?

At the moment, I have Silver Kotal and Dvorah and they seem useless

I have silver Sonya and Jaqui and they seem ok

Gold Grandmaster Subby also seems pretty good

Thanks

Sapho

Noob
Depends on team, but now my best cards are gold sonya and gold b-ops cassie, with silver Sonia to complete the team. Makes 45% more damage and 25% unblockable hits. I can faceroll any towers at the moment.
Can anyone share who they feel are the best / worst cards?

At the moment, I have Silver Kotal and Dvorah and they seem useless

I have silver Sonya and Jaqui and they seem ok

Gold Grandmaster Subby also seems pretty good

Thanks

The best cards are of course:
- Covert Ops Cassie Cage
- Assassin Kitana

my lvl 27 gold cassie cage is rocking this game

Spades

Noob
Boss Scorpion - WTF?! He is destroying my team who have been pretty much having their way with anyone else. My team is:

- Inferno Scorpion (Level 21, Gold)
- Scorpion (Level 28, Silver)
- Reptile (Level 28, Silver)

And yet Boss Scorpion is literally taking out each fighter with 1-2 hits, including Inferno Scorpion.

I just can't see how you're supposed to get past him without spending real money on the game to update your gold cards by a ridiculous amount. I've really enjoyed the game up until now, but this has really soured the experience for me.

Any tips on how to beat Boss Scorpion specifically so I don't go mad?! I'm hoping there is a specific card that is particularly strong against him, but even so I can't see how you can get more than a couple of hits in before he kills you with his usual 1-2 hits.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Boss Scorpion - WTF?! He is destroying my team who have been pretty much having their way with anyone else. My team is:

And yet Boss Scorpion is literally taking out each fighter with 1-2 hits, including Inferno Scorpion.

I just can't see how you're supposed to get past him without spending real money on the game to update your gold cards by a ridiculous amount. I've really enjoyed the game up until now, but this has really soured the experience for me.

Any tips on how to beat Boss Scorpion specifically so I don't go mad?! I'm hoping there is a specific card that is particularly strong against him, but even so I can't see how you can get more than a couple of hits in before he kills you with his usual 1-2 hits.
Special Forces cards does better against him. My silver Kenshi basically won me that match. Boss Scorpion wooped my assasin Kitana and silver Scorpion

You need to use a Special Forces character. Tagging one in disables his ridiculous defense buff. So if you don't have one or didn't level one up, good luck. I didn't, and I'm still stuck here.

Spades

Noob
Thanks guys. Looks like I need to buy one then! The closest I've come to beating him was when I had ally support. I wish I knew how allies actually worked!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Shirai Ryu is the best Card, make sure you upgrade those whenever you can, his heavy string (low, body blow, Sword), the second hit gives plenty of frame advantage that you can do an infinite on every character who gets hit by the low, keep looping, the first two this, then give a waiting period, before your character fully recovers, repeat the process, if you do this correct no character in the game will be able to block, and you can survive many tedious matches where you're forced to do a bunch of craps, like feeling special attacks.

Just, set your Shirai Ryu to land the heavy string and you're good to go, Tap Tap, Wait , Tap Tap, Wait, Tap Tap, Wait ... until their lives reaches zero.

Just be careful against the opponents team, this tactic builds up their super too, i use mostly to take out hardass bosses like OP Reptile, or Cheap ass Kotal etc.

I use ermac master (with the 1 bar for every outland) and mournful katana (outland start with 1 bar) and kotal for the atk bonus then I Xray bosses start of the fight and one shot them. Pro tips are pro