What's new

Mortal Kombat X: Let the game play out....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I definitely think people need to learn, adapt etc more than pulling the nerf this, that card.

Don't get me wrong on what needs to be fixed though. I'm also for them nerfing things that actually need it this time *cough MK9 Kabal's NDC bs and KL being nerfed 100 times* cough I don't want to see stuff like that again where everyone both online and offline at events will just run to Kung Lao, Kabal. I have faith that won't be the case this time for MK X on that front especially between variations. Though I have to admit one thing I noticed, while the invisible cursor option is great for online to prevent or stop counterpicking players. Offline tourneys, I noticed nobody really did this but then there is the rule of loser picks whoever and winner stays so I suppose that's got a lot to do with it. Though first match, I would totally do this so long as I knew where the cursor was. Anyway...

On the casual front, people I also agree need to stop pulling the "omg nerf this, nerf everything, buff that" I used and competed online with Ermac and Sektor 95% of the time in MK9. Two mid tiers, and one of which having NO armor on anything...

It's about investing time, playing smart, adapting and becoming a master of your character. If people did this more they'd be surprised how much better they can become. Sadly you get a lot of people who rather go on about nerfs and cry about "zoning or projectiles" like many, many people have given me on Xbox in MK 9. lol

They also need to learn key elements of the game, meter management, meta game, zoning, footsies, proper rushdown, what moves are safe, what aren't, what can be countered, can't, match ups etc, etc. The casual or average gamer who picks up MK X won't know or invest the time what these elements are.

Just my opinion on the topic. I hope for both more people to give the game time and adapt more, learn while I also hope that there's nothing easy or broken for a while to exploit giving people those easier wins but like I said I have faith in NRS.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Lately, i haven't seen anybody complain that much (as the Game as a whole)

who is saying the game is gonna be shit?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
There seems to be a lot of misinformation as to who is really doing the complaining.

Test Your Knowledge
The first complaint for buffs in Injustice was this: "RIP Sinestro; he died due to negative frames."

1. Who said it?
A) A casual player who's never been to tournament.
B) An Evo medalist.

2. When did they say it?
A) 1 week after release.
B) 2 weeks after release.
C) 3 weeks after release.
D) Prior to release.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
PC only thread :( , im on ps4 and welcome anyone to add me.

Wraith is just a tad too good in early game , decoy having such little cooldown AND dealing damage seems too good and not to mention he gets to play hella lame with it even when trapped in the bubble , teleport jumps are fine ( if he didn't have decoy every 10 secs ) , when he's abducting he's immune to damage makes no sense ( and he gets that with just 1 point , if he had to put 3 point in abduction it would be fine ).

I get he's supposed to play lame , he's just too good at it , most of the time i beat her at the relay usually with a mix of Laz / Cabot / Abe / Markov.

Goliath is strongest in late game.

Kraken seems fine from what i can tell.
See I feel like the Wraith has the strongest late game, the Kraken has the best early game, and the Goliath needs a buff lol.

I have never lost as a Stage 3 Wraith. I have too much health and can nuke a team within a minute if I have been slowly tearing them apart while getting to stage 3.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
There seems to be a lot of misinformation as to who is really doing the complaining.

Test Your Knowledge
The first complaint for buffs in Injustice was this: "RIP Sinestro; he died due to negative frames."

1. Who said it?
B) An Evo medalist.

2. When did they say it?
A) 1 week after release.
D) Prior to release.
Complaints for buffs and complaints for nerfs are two entirely different things that 90% of the time are blown up by two entirely different crowds.

Crathen

Death is my business
See I feel like the Wraith has the strongest late game, the Kraken has the best early game, and the Goliath needs a buff lol.

I have never lost as a Stage 3 Wraith. I have too much health and can nuke a team within a minute if I have been slowly tearing them apart while getting to stage 3.
As long as the map relay doesn't suck a good placing of Markov mines , Laz sticking around and reviving when the Wraith isn't camping the bodies and Cabot / Bucket are doing their thing with Abe to slow down and reduce wraith damage i've had plenty of times where i've downed a lvl 3 full health wraith ( oh and you need cover to be safe from abduction at least for Lazarus wich is the most important in this fight )

You really think Goliath needs a buff? He's arguably the hardest character to down at lvl 3 for his shield capacity , heck i've engaged hunters at lvl 1 and bodied their medic lots of times so when i get lvl 2-3 it's easy as hell to rush em down , to me he's the most fun too.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

Same can be said for the opposite team, having the lowest health and shield, abe can get a tracking dart and even with a decoy you will still show up. Allowing for an early lead. That with say stasis grenades to slow you down and like buckets sentries, paired with a good assault, the wraiths' health can be quickly depleted.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
As long as the map relay doesn't suck a good placing of Markov mines , Laz sticking around and reviving when the Wraith isn't camping the bodies and Cabot / Bucket are doing their thing with Abe to slow down and reduce wraith damage i've had plenty of times where i've downed a lvl 3 full health wraith ( oh and you need cover to be safe from abduction at least for Lazarus wich is the most important in this fight )

You really think Goliath needs a buff? He's arguably the hardest character to down at lvl 3 for his shield capacity , heck i've engaged hunters at lvl 1 and bodied their medic lots of times so when i get lvl 2-3 it's easy as hell to rush em down , to me he's the most fun too.
The problem with that plan is Laz. He is super easy to detect (smell shows him even when cloaked), he can't burst heal like the final medic, and his entire playstle revolves around staying out of the fight which sucks vs a monster that nukes and goes to the relay if Laz is hiding.

Cabot for dust early and damage amp, Abe for dart, any Assault really, and the first medic for tranq is the best team to beat the Wraith. Daisy is nice to have but Abe is just way better at faster pace tracking.

The problem with the BIG G is that he had no real way of dealing with a kiting split up team who are guarding the rely. The point of the hunters vs stage 3 SHOULD be to lame the clock out. Taking pop shots and running from Goliath and spliting up wrecks him. Pkus he gets destroyed but burst heal of the third medic and she can out run him with her boost.

Vagrant

Noob
I made an elaborate version of this same thread before Injustice came out called "Everybody just Breathe" lol.

A month after launch there were enless nerf/buff demand threads, the game had already been condemned by a good portion of the community, and we were swimming in tier lists. This evolved into personal shots at NRS employees and character ban discussion. It wasn't until KTP returned that the site started to return to a state of reason.

Moral of the story: You're intentions are admirable, but this place is going to turn into a warzone in April.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Test Your Knowledge

1. Who said it?
B) An Evo medalist.

2. When did they say it?
A) 1 week after release.
D) Prior to release.
I'm dying at your gospel of truth!!! I always find these threads humorous because the same players who are saying "ok guyzzzz, let the game play out, etc., etc., etc," are ALWAYS the first people to make outlandish claims on day 4.

I think it's going to come as a shock to everyone how perceptive NRS was about the variation system. I keep saying this, but to repeat- I think it's going to fix alot.

It's not really a mystery that the gameplay mechanics people complain about are HEAVILY colored by what characters they main. People form emotional attachments to their character, and thus they get similarly attached to their character's weaknesses and strengths. Rushdown players will complain about zoning, and zoning players will complain about rushdown. Hell, there are many other gameplay elements- like interactibles, throws, pokes, etc- things that people will like or dislike based not on a real critique of the mechanic- but on how that gameplay mechanic has affected their character.

Variations can change that.

Vagrant

Noob
I think it's going to come as a shock to everyone how perceptive NRS was about the variation system. I keep saying this, but to repeat- I think it's going to fix alot.

It's not really a mystery that the gameplay mechanics people complain about are HEAVILY colored by what characters they main. People form emotional attachments to their character, and thus they get similarly attached to their character's weaknesses and strengths. Rushdown players will complain about zoning, and zoning players will complain about rushdown. Hell, there are many other gameplay elements- like interactibles, throws, pokes, etc- things that people will like or dislike based not on a real critique of the mechanic- but on how that gameplay mechanic has affected their character.

Variations can change that.
Good point,

But I foresee plenty of

"Raiden variation B is the only true variation to play, it's the only one that takes actual skill or isn't zoning like a lil bitch lol420 blaze it get blocked fool"

That attitude is prevalent almost any time there's variety.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
We all know TYM is going to grt filled with constant crying on April.

The first thing that is gonna be cried about is zoning as always.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
If people want to waste time and effort arguing and writing a thesis about things that may or may not have even an inkling or relevance in a very small amount of time... Then by all means have at it... I can do this wonderful thing called not paying attention to it...live your life man...

the only thing in regards to balance that I wish NRS would subscribe to is...if it is working as intended leave it alone...if it is not working how you designed it to then fix it ... I hate seeing people have their stuff destroyed because of someone how is just not interested enough in learning a way around it or has their own agenda...

Personally I am free to life and enjoy watching high level stuff from players who can actually function....

trufenix

bye felicia
Good point,

But I foresee plenty of

"Raiden variation B is the only true variation to play, it's the only one that takes actual skill or isn't zoning like a lil bitch lol420 blaze it get blocked fool"

That attitude is prevalent almost any time there's variety.
I know you just pulled that out of a hat to make a point but its eerie how similar that is to what actual players said about Raiden when it was discovered only Displacer has teleport.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Cant wait to watch MKX top16 at EVO.

Def gonna take notes from it.
Sometimes I wish NRS released things in autumn.
...and support them for at least a year, but that's another story.

Wow, that is insanely incorrect lol.
He has a point though. There's a huge crowd of people who will be able to figure what they will have troubles with (and cry for nerfs), but won't be able to recognize weak points of any character because those don't infuriate them.

We all know TYM is going to grt filled with constant crying on April.

The first thing that is gonna be cried about is zoning as always.
I'd say Displacer is a good contender regardless of his actual success.

I know you just pulled that out of a hat to make a point but its eerie how similar that is to what actual players said about Raiden when it was discovered only Displacer has teleport.
To be honest, it has more to do with the fact that Displacer is the only variation that will inherit something that at least resembles Raiden's signature gameplay.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean though.

Oh, and can we move Evolve related posts to the dedicated thread? Think of dem players in that thread, they are missing out pieces of wisdom :p
@RM GamerBlake

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Online should've never been a pretext to determine what moves are broken and what aren't.

Its incredibly surprising how online has influencied both balance in MK9 and IGAU.

Online experience will never be the same as having an offline experience, it doesn't matter how close it may approach, its not the same thing.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Online should've never been a pretext to determine what moves are broken and what aren't.

Its incredibly surprising how online has influencied both balance in MK9 and IGAU.

Online experience will never be the same as having an offline experience, it doesn't matter how close it may approach, its not the same thing.
Unless you have rollback netcode that works... >.>