What's new

Mortal Kombat X: Let the game play out....

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I know everyone is excited for MKX and also freaking out because the game isn't the same familiar thing you played for the past 4+ years. Well after watching various streams and reading a bunch of information. I came to the conclusion that this game wont suck will involve a lot of new meta changes and guess what? It's a NEW game so let it come out and take it's place with in the NRS library and stop being so narrow minded! Seriously throw out all your expectations like you did for MK9 and just enjoy the ride and the tournament year that's about to come along! Cheers!

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
What's wrong with speculating and discussing a game that we are excited about and has been a major part of our lives? I love boxing, and I don't find anything wrong or narrow minded about fantasy booking GGG vs. Andre Ward or Mayweather vs. Pacquiao and discussing it with my friends. I know those fights in all actuality well never happen...but it's fun to speculate.

Everyone knows (or should know) the finished game will be different in many ways than the builds we see on streams and whatnot, but for right now, why not talk about the information we do have and how it might affect the game? Isn't that what this section of the forum is for? (I'm only three days into this site so I could be wrong.)

I love reading the debates and back and forth. It's part of the fun and one major reason why I signed up.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Not going to happen. A VERY small portion of the people who buy MKX are on this site or are above average MK players that are dedicated to learning the game.

Most of the people who will do the loudest crying are randscum casuals who can't grasp basic mechanics and will demand nerfs for trivial things.

#ZonersGetFuckedOverbyNoobs

Case in point, look at Evolve. The game was out for 3 days and people were demanding nerfes FOR EVERY MONSTER. Day 1 people were crying about my Wraith...day...fucking...1

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
As much as I'd love that to be the case OP, it ain't happening.

I'm purposely trying to stay away from the highest rage inducing Day 1 zoner because I know for a fact he will be nerfed in the first patch. Not the best zoner, the most rage inducing. There's a difference. Especially since more people than ever will be playing this game.

The casuals screams will always be louder than our voice.

Well said Fractured Shadow I feel we have to wait and see how things work in lab.I know there will be those that cant adjust and those that can.I cant cant cant WOW! lets nerfs this cause its to good.BS.The cards play were they fall your play style can change.Find away around the move there is a counter for all moves find it study it .Period!Leave MK X alone.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Case in point, look at Evolve. The game was out for 3 days and people were demanding nerfes FOR EVERY MONSTER. Day 1 people were crying about my Wraith...day...fucking...1
Dude, the only time I lost to wraith is either when I'm on a random team, or the wraith player is REALLY GOOD.

I've had awesome players I've matched up with that say things like, "Sorry guys but if he picks wraith I'm quitting." This was 3 days into the game. Sucks to see good players ruined by shitty attitudes.

Me, soonk, @GGA Fill Pops, @Gengar, and @GGA Wafflez have been doing well against wraith recently.

Fractured_Shadow

Dude, the only time I lost to wraith is either when I'm on a random team, or the wraith player is REALLY GOOD.

I've had awesome players I've matched up with that say things like, "Sorry guys but if he picks wraith I'm quitting." This was 3 days into the game. Sucks to see good players ruined by shitty attitudes.

Me, soonk, @GGA Fill Pops, @Gengar, and @GGA Wafflez have been doing well against wraith recently.
IMO the Wraith is the best monster if played correctly. She has the least hard counter Hunters (Abe... but he CPs everyone), has an amazing buff, and an ice clone that seeks out and rapes hunters.

The problem is that the Wraith is controller by the Trapper and only the Trapper. If your trapper sucks it is game over.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
IMO the Wraith is the best monster if played correctly. She has the least hard counter Hunters (Abe... but he CPs everyone), has an amazing buff, and an ice clone that seeks out and rapes hunters.

The problem is that the Wraith is controller by the Trapper and only the Trapper. If your trapper sucks it is game over.
Hyde also prevents wraith from decoying as well. I mean, she can still decoy but she won't be stealthed at all. Not to mention Hyde flamethrower does HELLA damage.

As much as I'd love that to be the case OP, it ain't happening.

I'm purposely trying to stay away from the highest rage inducing Day 1 zoner because I know for a fact he will be nerfed in the first patch. Not the best zoner, the most rage inducing. There's a difference. Especially since more people than ever will be playing this game.

The casuals screams will always be louder than our voice.
its playing to win yomi layer 4, cry for nerfs. its actually pro beyond your understanding :D

Fractured_Shadow

Hyde also prevents wraith from decoying as well. I mean, she can still decoy but she won't be stealthed at all. Not to mention Hyde flamethrower does HELLA damage.
Decoy in combat is just as effective. I pop a buff dome and then clone and watch the rape.

The problem with Hyde is that he can never really get close enough to a good Wraith to do damage.I feel that the first assault is best vs Wraith because of his sheild. It can keep him alive long enough to hold aggro for the clone or survive a fight solo with the Wraith while doing SERIOUS damage.

OP you should change the title to EVOLVE DISCUSSION THREAD because I am hijcaking this shit AND it is a waaay better topic.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Not going to happen. A VERY small portion on the people who buy MKX are on this site and are above average MK players.

Most of the people who will do the loudest crying are randscum casuals who can't grasp basic mechanics and will demand nerfs for trivial things.

#ZonersGetFuckedOverbyNoobs

A.i. Monsters need a nerf haha. Those things are impossible to kill, unless you catch em very early in the game. But, still, everyone will cry and hopefully nrs will say "bite me" and not do anything drastic right away and only fix game breaking bugs.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Decoy in combat is just as effective. I pop a buff dome and then clone and watch the rape.

The problem with Hyde is that he can never really get close enough to a good Wraith to do damage.I feel that the first assault is best vs Wraith because of his sheild. It can keep him alive long enough to hold aggro for the clone or survive a fight solo with the Wraith while doing SERIOUS damage.

OP you should change the title to EVOLVE DISCUSSION THREAD because I am hijcaking this shit AND it is a waaay better topic.
All of the assault characters have the shield. ;)

And Hyde does get close to her. I do anyway. lol

Crathen

Death is my business
Also, I made an Evolve thread in the off topic discussion. Let's meet there, boys.
PC only thread :( , im on ps4 and welcome anyone to add me.

Wraith is just a tad too good in early game , decoy having such little cooldown AND dealing damage seems too good and not to mention he gets to play hella lame with it even when trapped in the bubble , teleport jumps are fine ( if he didn't have decoy every 10 secs ) , when he's abducting he's immune to damage makes no sense ( and he gets that with just 1 point , if he had to put 3 point in abduction it would be fine ).

I get he's supposed to play lame , he's just too good at it , most of the time i beat her at the relay usually with a mix of Laz / Cabot / Abe / Markov.

Goliath is strongest in late game.

Kraken seems fine from what i can tell.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
PC only thread :( , im on ps4 and welcome anyone to add me.

Wraith is just a tad too good in early game , decoy having such little cooldown AND dealing damage seems too good and not to mention he gets to play hella lame with it even when trapped in the bubble , teleport jumps are fine ( if he didn't have decoy every 10 secs ) , when he's abducting he's immune to damage makes no sense ( and he gets that with just 1 point , if he had to put 3 point in abduction it would be fine ).

I get he's supposed to play lame , he's just too good at it , most of the time i beat her at the relay usually with a mix of Laz / Cabot / Abe / Markov.

Goliath is strongest in late game.

Kraken seems fine from what i can tell.
I'm on ps4, maybe we should have a evolve general discussion for everybody haha, but, I'm bdizzle2700 on ps4, I play the trappuh haha.