What's new

Mortal Kombat X: Let the game play out....

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
They need to be more like Icefrog. He only pays attention to the pro scene when adjusting balance changes to Dota 2 and NRS should do the same.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Unless you have rollback netcode that works... >.>
Yes, rollback did wonders for SF4, i tried myself and got pretty good results with my crappy internet, and was even surprised that i was able to hit 1 frame links after a quick adjustment, it still felt different from playing offline. Still the result of balance in SF4 its not based around online, from what i've seen, its mostly from a lot of data gathered from tournament results and players performance on those tournaments.

An approach NRS should do more often rather than listen to players posting "Scorpion teleport is broken!" after 3 days of online play.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yes, rollback did wonders for SF4, i tried myself and got pretty good results with my crappy internet, and was even surprised that i was able to hit 1 frame links after a quick adjustment, it still felt different from playing offline. Still the result of balance in SF4 its not based around online, from what i've seen, its mostly from a lot of data gathered from tournament results and players performance on those tournaments.

An approach NRS should do more often rather than listen to players posting "Scorpion teleport is broken!" after 3 days of online play.
In all honesty, tournaments do not tell everything as far as balance goes. They might clue you in onto what's effective for less effort, but sometimes, there's characters that players consider very good that get no play due to the lack of popularity.

Feedback is your best bet. When you should start taking feedback is up to the developer. The way I see it, if feedback on something is constant, then it is something worth looking at. Otherwise, waiting is the best option.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
They need to be more like Icefrog. He only pays attention to the pro scene when adjusting balance changes to Dota 2 and NRS should do the same.
He definitely doesn't only pay attention to pros.
What he was doing right (and still does for obvious reasons) is supporting the game for about 7 years straight, paying attention to meta, trying to innovate and making sure everything has its niche. The latter one is still possible to apply to FGs, if not to characters, but surely to moves within a single moveset.

He definitely doesn't only pay attention to pros.
What he was doing right (and still does for obvious reasons) is supporting the game for about 7 years straight, paying attention to meta, trying to innovate and making sure everything has its niche. The latter one is still possible to apply to FGs, if not to characters, but surely to moves within a single moveset.
Agreed completely. He's nerfed non viable heroes because they screwed up the flow of public games, and then rebuffed them in other ways later(void from like...4 or 5 years ago is an example of this).

trufenix

bye felicia
You do know that tournament players are not their sole customers and the smallest subsection of their customers? They have a lot of people to keep happy.

If online players can't deal with something, it has to be dealt with same as offline.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You do know that tournament players are not their sole customers and the smallest subsection of their customers? They have a lot of people to keep happy.

If online players can't deal with something, it has to be dealt with same as offline.
I know this, pretty sure some people covered that on the first page too. I was just letting my furstrations out. Scorp was given this exact treatment in Injustice