What's new

Mortal Kombat X-inspired Beer series Debuts Soon

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I started brewing my own beer 2 years ago thanks to BeerGuyEd.

We should have started a brewery and beat these guys to it. I don't understand why raiden is a saison? Or sub zero an ipa. Raiden should be a nitro ipa and sub zero a Pilsner or lager.

The chilies in the stout do however make sense for scorp.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Consisting of a “Scorpion” Imperial Stout with chilies and vanilla bean
Cool idea but DansGame

“Sub-Zero” Imperial IPA the perfect mixture of hops and malt
Not a huge IPA fan but I would try it

“Raiden” Imperial Saison a Belgian style ale that gives you an electrifying blast of hops and CO2.
Didn't expect a saison. I love Belgian ales so I'll actually check this one out, but from that description it's probably not gonna be bottle conditioned so I'm really just in there to have a bottle with Raiden on it

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Just to clarify, the USA has the largest number of craft breweries in the world- by a massive margin.
yeah.. but North America is also like 330million people and most countries are smaller than some of their states. .... just saying.

yeah.. but North America is also like 330million people and most countries are smaller than some of their states. .... just saying.
Even when controlling for population, North America still leads

United States 1 craft brewery for every 80 thousand people. (If you are going by North America to include Canada as well, its every 70 thousand people)

United Kingdom is the closest to the US, and it's 1 craft brewery for every 88 thousand people

And pretty much every other country has a frequency of 1 per 100 thousand and well above.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
You can't go wrong with Imperial. You're comparing them to similar, albeit slightly less hoppy, beers.

My personal favorite is Victory Dirt Wolf, but Imperial is more consistently strong from beer to beer.

It has an orange start and a hoppy finish.
I will have to try that, looks good. I have recently decided that Trappist Ales are my favorite - brewed by Trappist monks!:

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I will have to try that, looks good. I have recently decided that Trappist Ales are my favorite - brewed by Trappist monks!:

The Chimay looks delicious. I like hoppy beers so I'm always down to try new ones. I generally only have one or two at a time though.

marietta1200

Best Coast
Really unclear about an "imperial" saison... Other than that, these look aight. Too bad they couldn't get ahold of Russian River, but I suppose I could come off the craft brew tier whoring for MK.

Also: isn't an IPA always gonna be "imperial," technically? Like, wasn't traveling from Britain to India inherently imperialist? I'ma drink something now to make these nagging questions stop. Plus the voices.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Now I can drink a beer with Sub-Zero on it and get shat on while playing Sub-Zero online and because I'm drinking a probable "bitch drink"

But in all seriousness, I am interested in this.