What's new

Mortal Kombat X: Generations "TV Series" ?

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I remember this show's shooting happening in mid January earlier this year.
The director is MK Legacy's 2 stunt co-ordinator and he stopped providing hints and information in his twitter account in early February. Same thing goes with Casper Van Dien (comes back as J. Cage).
If anything, news regarding MK Generations has been frozen since February.
I think I remember them saying sth about MK Generations launching at about the same dates as MKX. Let's see...

Slymind

Noob
I must say, i'm not acquainted with all the actors, but as far as looks go, they kinda nailed it for the most part, good job from them imo.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I simply cannot get over 20 years old feeling that MK movie is some nerd shit. And this is coming from nerd who plays MK.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I simply cannot get over 20 years old feeling that MK movie is some nerd shit. And this is coming from nerd who plays MK.
The first MK movie was freakin awesome. No video game based movie was ever that good. Except for the Liu vs Sub fight I couldn't find one thing about that movie that disappointed me. I played MK1 before watching that movie but I didn't like that movie 'cuz I was a fan, just because it was very good. The 2nd movie sucked ass though.

As for TV series, I thought Conquest was ok-ish but not great. Same goes for Legacy, maybe a touch better. But I really hope X: Generations has a different feel to it than Legacy because really MK stuff should be so much better than that. The hopeless days of MKD and MKA are gone. We can dream now.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
They really need to forget these live series and get on an animated series or movie. Way more potential, just make it like the comic and they're golden.
Yep. It's obvious isn't it ? I don't quite understand why NRS isn't taking that route. Could be because cartoons/animations and gore don't mix. Or maybe they want to appeal to a more mature audience. It's hard to tell.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
That could work, but I think the audience for such a thing would be quite limited. If they got the right people to make it (who?), they budgeted it wisely and marketed it to the right demo, you could have a profitable show - but I don't believe you could have a runaway success like the 90's TMNT show or the like. At best, I think, you could have something like The Boondocks - popular enough within its own niche to warrant making a couple of seasons, but ultimately not profitable enough to get the suits to finance making it beyond those couple of seasons.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"

This trailer is literally the PERFECT depiction of Mortal Kombat, more realistic origins but still epic af! If the show is anything like that then it's hype.

gosoxtim

Noob
guys we dont know the full cast yet i mean cassie might have epsidoe of about her exporing her past with dad johnny i mean we saw the script form casper where it said she was traing cassie

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

This trailer is literally the PERFECT depiction of Mortal Kombat, more realistic origins but still epic af! If the show is anything like that then it's hype.
Nah I wasn't a fan of this. They scrapped this idea as well as a super dark/violent MK9 reboot because they knew it wasn't going to be great.

Dr. Baraka and Cannibal Reptile just doesn't work. MK Legacy S1 is how they hit it right.

Here's early concept art of Johnny Cage for MK9

Oh look it's Adon on drugs

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Nah I wasn't a fan of this. They scrapped this idea as well as a super dark/violent MK9 reboot because they knew it wasn't going to be great.

Dr. Baraka and Cannibal Reptile just doesn't work. MK Legacy S1 is how they hit it right.

Here's early concept art of Johnny Cage for MK9

Oh look it's Adon on drugs
Its a thing of perception, i much prefer the dark and more realistic version that was shown in the trailer to the nonsensical and cringeworthy story portrayed in the movies and games before. Also imo, Legacy was absolute garbage...

CODE7747

Noob
eh, i liked legacy..except the second season of it was just strait up poop....it felt extremely rushed , as for the gritty reboot trailer, i would have loved to have seen that made into an actual series or movie but it wouldn't be the same, i guess for me being there since the very first game im very stuck on how mk should be..but im very open to other interpretations especially when they are more violent and disturbing

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Its a thing of perception, i much prefer the dark and more realistic version that was shown in the trailer to the nonsensical and cringeworthy story portrayed in the movies and games before. Also imo, Legacy was absolute garbage...
Understandable opinion. But when you have something that started as nonsensical and try to make it realistic, you get things like the Sonic Adventure series and Sonic 06. It just doesn't work.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Understandable opinion. But when you have something that started as nonsensical and try to make it realistic, you get things like the Sonic Adventure series and Sonic 06. It just doesn't work.
If they didn't insist on shoehorning in all that mystic portal Edenian nonsense and actually focused on what the original Rebirth trailer was trying to accomplished, it would've been the closest thing MK could've ever gotten to getting some of what The Dark Knight did for Batman.

You can have the nonsensical seem realistic (see Nolan Batman triology), but you can't include a plotline that should only REALLY exist in an 8 year old's trapper keeper and expect anyone to give a shit.

I mean, has anyone seriously ever witnessed a piece of MK's canon unfold and thought to themselves "THIS IS FUCKING RIVETING, I AM TAKING THIS SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY RIGHT NOW I CAN'T WAIT TO RECOMMEND THIS WITH A STRAIGHT FACE"? I mean, I fastforwarded through basically every single cutscene that I could in MKX's story mode after listening to Takeda and Kung Jin each speak once and I still feel like it was too fuckin' long and more than a little intellectually insulting.

But if that shit took the same tone and approach as the MK Rebirth trailer, you bet your ass I probably would've played through at least twice. But hey, Ed Boon himself said Rebirth "crossed the line in terms of a re-imagining" as if that's a sentence that makes sense logically or grammatically, but I guess what they did to the characters (without even buying them dinner first) in the first two MK movies was fine.

I dunno I'm just highly suspicious of anyone who tries to convince me that MK's story is something that's worth salvaging. Even if, or rather, ESPECIALLY if you're one of the people who put that shit to paper in the first place. My suspension of disbelief got Cosby'd by that shit a looooooooong time ago.