What's new

Mortal Kombat X Gameplay trailer from E3

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Game looks stupid as hell, this is coming from a life time MK fan...

Pathetic.
Well, the interactables are a bad addition imo, I don't think any long time MK fan approves them, but who knows, maybe they are fun during play, I really doubt they are like those from IGAU. Now about the chars I read mixed opinions, but I defenitely hate the combo big guy/little bitch.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Why are people bitching about the interactables?

All interactble weapons are confirmed blockable, so they're little more than regular special moves that are a little more cinematic. Instead of throwing a blockable fireball from your characters hands, you throw a blockable log from the stage floor. Big fucking difference, whoopdy-fucking-doo.

Just fucking block them and play the game, if you get caught by them chances are you'd get caught by any other blockable special attack anyway.

Senseless gripes.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
The more I watch the trailer, the more I'm okay with everything. I really like Ladybug and Master Blaster is growing on me.

Interactables are still kind of dumb, but if it's true that they can be blocked, then I'm all aboard.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Is that the same announcer from MK9? One of the things I loved from IGAU was that it was a female announcer. Can I please get the one and only QUEEN of MK to be the announcer (Sindel)?

Or I'd like to hear Quan or Shinnok as the announcer...or the original Shao Kahn. I loved the dark laughter after the footage....

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The more I watch the trailer, the more I'm okay with everything. I really like Ladybug and Master Blaster is growing on me.

Interactables are still kind of dumb, but if it's true that they can be blocked, then I'm all aboard.
True as hell, friend.

And they're mostly for movement, apparently, so you can get around stupid zoning using them, or at the opposite end of the spectrum, use it to get away from grappling characters or rushdown characters.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well, the interactables are a bad addition imo, I don't think any long time MK fan approves them, but who knows, maybe they are fun during play, I really doubt they are like those from IGAU. Now about the chars I read mixed opinions, but I defenitely hate the combo big guy/little bitch.
The interactables look much more akin to acrobatic interactables in Inj where you bounce off the wall out of the corner. This seems like a great idea but at a high level you can get punished really hard for it. Im sure if you throw the other interactables and you block they arer unsafe, we can only hope they do very little damage.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
OMG SO MUCH EFFIN JIZZZZ!!! ALSO I CAN'T BE THE FIRST ONE TO MAKE THIS COMPARISON!!!
#MasterBlasterconfirmedSTier

p.s. screw the haters, this game looks sick; and so do the new characters. I'm pretty sure Outworld got that buff I've been looking for!

Error

DF2+R2
Is that the same announcer from MK9? One of the things I loved from IGAU was that it was a female announcer. Can I please get the one and only QUEEN of MK to be the announcer (Sindel)?

Or I'd like to hear Quan or Shinnok as the announcer...or the original Shao Kahn. I loved the dark laughter after the footage....
Injustice announcer is bland though. It would've been sick if she had an Amazonian voice instead of the monotone computer voice. I'd also love having Sindel as an announcer.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Injustice announcer is bland though. It would've been sick if she had an Amazonian voice instead of the monotone computer voice. I'd also love having Sindel as an announcer.
Sindel would be a clever announcer, imo. Even though she has always been shit (as an actual fighter in the game), in the lore and story she is a huge fucking deal. I want an authoritative female announcer that sounds dark and scary.

....jade can make this all Ok for me. As long as the old cast is there, I can deal with whatever.
So far Ed's tweet about the block button has renewed my soul. And yes....JADE!!!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My hype for MKX is at an all time low. Previously: 432/10. Currently: 4.4/10. Allow me to break down how 432 went to 4.4:

1) Movement

The biggest difference in terms of fluidity of movement between MK9 and Injustice was the dashing. Specifically, the block dashing. Injustice had predetermined times for how long a character's dash was and you could do nothing while dashing. In MK9, you can interrupt a dash with a block, normal, special, or throw. This allowed for faster paced, fluid movement in battle. Whether you enjoy Injustice, MK9, or both, it's objectively fair to say Injustice moves more like chess - deliberate and obvious, while MK9 moves more like a DOA5. In my opinion, fluid combat generates hype.

While we can't be 100% certain at this point how fluid the combat actually is, if it lends itself to Injustice's style then my 100% certainty of buying an XBox1 + MKX has disappeared. Hype factor: -300.

2) Interactables

Even if we can turn off interactables, the community will have to debate whether or not they are allowed in tournament. This all depends on how powerful they are. If NRS follows the Injustice model, then interactables will be extremely powerful. So strong in fact that characters were balanced around them. This inherently takes focus off of the development of the balance between characters themselves as the game is created with interactables in mind.

I have very little faith in our community to enforce a tournament ruleset that doesn't allow for interactables. Therefore, hype factor: -127.6.

Yes, the character design, visuals, stages, fatalities all look incredible. But if the game itself isn't enjoyable to play...then what's the point? 10 minutes to YouTube all the fatalities and on my way.

Here's hoping I eat my words. Anyone who knows me on here knows how hype I am for Mortal Kombat and knows that these words above were difficult to type...but they're the truth.

@AK L0rdoftheFLY @AK Pig Of The Hut @Skkra @RedRaptor10 @Eddy Wang your thoughts?
The more i watch it, the more i like about what i see.
Honestly i think the game looks really fun and i'm already hyped to understand more about the mechanics

hopefully later on today as the 2nd day we will know a bit more, so far, the game looks pretty dope.
NRS has taken us to a darker place, and this is exactly the place where i've always have seen mortal Kombat to be taken(remember of me writting a Skarlet story where i was describing everything in violent manner?), the fatalitys are definitely more violent, i even got surprised by the violent Scorpion X-Ray that i'm watching it countless times, game is not for kids :p hopefully we will get brutalities as well.

Can't ducking wait to play the game, and @colt knows what he is doing, he just post on his twitter "PROTIP: Relax!" so i thrust him. Get hype Ninj MKX looks very promissing