What's new

Mortal Kombat X Editions Announced

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Dam why does both mk9 and mkx has scorpion in a positive lite smfh. I know tthe following
1) boon loves him but mk9 had book ends and sub zero was setting owned . See below

2) injustice USA collectors edition had wonder women beating Batman ass.

Can I just get this.

Smfh I am buying one of these but j hate scorpion so much lol.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Don't like the look of that Gold Scorpion.

I haven't even gotten a PS4 yet, but I am a sucker for statues and steelbooks so it looks like I'm gonna have to sell a freaking kidney to get the Kollector's Edition in time for April.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
So there are two different statues available for the Kollector Editions. Which statue corresponds with what? Are both available for all? I don't want to preorder a Kollector Edition to get the wrong statue...

ugh these all look and sound terrible. I'm probably just gonna pre-order the base game, fuck everything else. Oh and $95 for a fucking extra shitty scorpion skin and 4 characters? fuck that.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So I have a question if I don't get the premium, can I buy those 4 characters and DLC skins eventually?
Yeah, that's what the Kombat Pass covers for slightly cheaper. You'll probably be able to get the Kombat Pass separately too. You can either buy an edition which will give you the Kombat Pass anyway, or buy the game and the Kombat Pass separately or buy the game, the DLC characters and the skins separately.
To whoever said Goro is next-gen and pre-order only, Gamestop lists him as a bonus for 360 and PS3. Unless I'm missing something here.
Yeah you're missing something, the fact I'm not from the US :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, that's what the Kombat Pass covers for slightly cheaper. You'll probably be able to get the Kombat Pass separately too. You can either buy an edition which will give you the Kombat Pass anyway, or buy the game and the Kombat Pass separately or buy the game, the DLC characters and the skins separately.

Yeah you're missing something, the fact I'm not from the US :p
Yeah just re-read every version to make sure lol apparently i dont need the premium version lol since the Kollector's versions both come with it lol. I missed that the first time, I thought for some reason the download/premium edition got that exclusively, it's just cheaper like you said that's all. I'm sure eventually for the people who buy just the game and no special version will eventually have access to everything(not sure about Goro though)

So in total this is a record too for MK game, they've offering 5 different versions lol. The standard, Kollectors Edition by Coarse(Gamestop), the import amazon online order Kollectors Edition, the Limited Edition(Gamestop) and the Premium(download only) lol Damn, this is going to cost me almost 500 bucks! lol. But well worth it for a fanatic like me!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So there are two different statues available for the Kollector Editions. Which statue corresponds with what? Are both available for all? I don't want to preorder a Kollector Edition to get the wrong statue...
Depends which one you want, if you want the first one by Coarse statue(gold and black Scorpy) then you only have to go to your local gamestop and preorder it.

If you want the other scorpion statue(the MK X costume one we've seen) with that other stuff, you have to order it online from amazon...

I know it's a little confusing I had to read everything a few times just to figure out what we get with each version lol.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Is the "Cold War" Scorpion Skin from the Gamestop Limited Edition the same as the Gold Scorpion Skin in the Kollector's Edition?

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
As for lack of the Kollector Editions not having sticks. I can't say I'm surprised WB NRS didn't go with sticks this time around. They tried to have sticks for two of their games and were both poorly received. So they are trying to make a sale. So it only makes sense that they want to go with a different approach to get more sales and also still please fans that were unhappy with their sticks from previous games.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
So... I was just at my local Gamestop. The worker said that they only have the Limited Edition and the Coarse Kollector's Edition...which I expected. The worker THEN said that you have to purchase either of those version in FULL and they get sent to your house and not picked up at the store. Has anyone else heard this? I'm hoping there was just an idiot working today. I want the Coarse Edition but I wanted to pick it up in store Day 1. I dont want to have to wait to get it sent to my house. I'd appreciate anyone's input on this. Thanks!!

haketh

Noob
Can we get clarification on whether or not the Kombat Pack is a Season Pass or if it's Day One Release DLC. Curious because the wording on Steam doesn't say anything about it being a Season Pass & it seems like it's a straight up DLC pack.

BS3OOO

Noob
Looking at the Gold Scorpion makes me think. Wouldn't it be cool for every classic character to have a third, fan-made costume?

REYTHEGREAT

hmm. So since i have a PS3, its either get
The Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition will be available via download only and includes the following:
The Kombat Pack
Available for PS4, Xbox One, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system for Microsoft; PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems and, Windows PC
MSRP: $89.99

or just get the regular one for $60 and have a physical copy of it.

choices choices.

Why couldnt they give us a subzero statue also. Subz is just as iconic as scorpion. Every poll I see has people liking subz more. People say their maining subz in mkx more than any other character. Subz has the most posts and threads in the mkx section on this site.

Yet scorpion kills him in the trailer and mk9 statue had scorpion killing him again. Smh shits getting old. It's not just sub zero either. I would have paid 150 for a raiden, kotal, goro etc. hell I would have got it if an artbook came with the scorpion statue. Nope you just get a hideous scorpion skin along with the hideous statue

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9158

The way I see it, is if you want to get the complete version of the game, you have to get the Kombat Pack, which amounts to 90$. If you don't want that, you can get the regular retail one for 70$. So, you're paying an extra 20$ for four more characters, which makes the regular retail version essentially the incomplete version. Get the Kombat Pack, you get the complete product! Oh, but if you get the regular retail version, you're paying for an incomplete product.

Why is this okay?

If I am seeing this incorrectly, someone please correct me.

Dark

Noob
The way I see it, is if you want to get the complete version of the game, you have to get the Kombat Pack, which amounts to 90$. If you don't want that, you can get the regular retail one for 70$. So, you're paying an extra 20$ for four more characters, which makes the regular retail version essentially the incomplete version. Get the Kombat Pack, you get the complete product! Oh, but if you get the regular retail version, you're paying for an incomplete product.

Why is this okay?

If I am seeing this incorrectly, someone please correct me.
It also comes with skin packs. And the characters are most likely not available from the start, it'll be like a season pass.

Elder God

Power!
Kombat pack include skins too ow.
4 characters dlc.
Liu Kang/Baraka my bet lol
Iconic terror movie characters??

Dabluprint4

eh....
So... I was just at my local Gamestop. The worker said that they only have the Limited Edition and the Coarse Kollector's Edition...which I expected. The worker THEN said that you have to purchase either of those version in FULL and they get sent to your house and not picked up at the store. Has anyone else heard this? I'm hoping there was just an idiot working today. I want the Coarse Edition but I wanted to pick it up in store Day 1. I dont want to have to wait to get it sent to my house. I'd appreciate anyone's input on this. Thanks!!
Don't believe that crap. You should be able to pick it up from the store. I preordered mine today and im picking it up day 1...

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I'm just going to change my preorder and get the Limited Edition.

And Man..I am so tired of Scorpion...