What's new

Mortal Kombat X E3 Aftershow Gameplay

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
For all to see

Points of interest:
-Kotal Kahn, the huge Aztec God thing who seems to like ripping out hearts
-D'vorah has an Ermac-like lift attack
-Traits are back, but even more impactful, as each character gets three to choose from.
-Subzero looks ridiculously awesome and is making good use of ice weapons. His new attacks seem a lot more potent and badass, as well as his new X-Ray and Fatality.
-Master Blaster seems to have a lot of trick stuff just going off the gameplay and Boon's mention of their traits. It's possible to have a Ms. Fortune thing going on with the little girl running around on the ground instead of on his back.
-Scorpion is very Scorpion-like, doesn't seem to have changed as much as Subzero but his new special moves definitely seem cool and useful.
-Non-generic air attacks and uppercuts.
-New stage, and apparently the pig advantage has been changed to the throwable old woman advantage(9:48 in video).
-Cassie Cage, daughter of Johnny and Sonya.
-Story takes place right after MK9 and over the course of +25 years.
-There will be returning characters, but it's mostly new it seems, thought there will be some homages and combinations.

Last edited:

NKZero

Noob
Some new stages never seen before such as the Kode (pirate stage) and the Outworld Marketplace. Also, Boon mentioned how the story is set over a 25-year span or something like that, obviously with continuation from MK9 ending. Scorpion's 3 fight styles are: Ninjutsu, Hellfire and Inferno. I might be wrong but it appears as though there are different jumping attacks. Now obviously that does not affect any sort of cross-up game since MK is confirmed block button. That being said, perhaps different jump attacks have various frame data implications or whatever the case may be. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me idk. They announce rounds without saying 'FIGHT!'

Colares

Noob
Just watched once but I don't recall being traits but fighting styles that change more than just a button.

Oh and Evil Liu Kang as final boss I bet.

Spoobs

Noob
I didn't think I could love Mortal Kombat anymore than I already do. This game is going to be so much fun after the first 15 patches. Just to clarify, that was a joke.