What's new

Mortal Kombat Tournament @ Rock'em Sock'em - Charlotte, NC Next Saturday!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
For those in a different respective area other than the West Coast, you may be interested to know that next Saturday in Charlotte, NC there will be another Rock'em Sock'em fighting game tournament all day long. All of the current top fighting games will be there including Mortal Kombat. A list of names of some of those who will be attending is unknown at this time, however, this will be a great opportunity to meet up and level-up with a few fellow MK players.

rs.jpg

Additional event information:

"19th
Venue:
Hilton Charlotte University Place: Glenwaters Room
8629 J M Keynes Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262

Time:12pm – 12am
Registration starts at 12pm and ends at 2pm.

Venue fee:
$8 – when you preregister before December 23rd
$10 – when you register before January 13th
$15 – at the door

Majors: $10
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 (360 Now)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Street Fighter x Tekken 2013 (360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
Soul Caliber V(PS3)
Persona 4 (PS3)
Smash Brothers:
Brawl & Melee (Wii & Game Cube)

$5
Melty Blood (PC)
Arcana Hearts (PS3)
Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)

PS3 WIRELESS CONTROLLERS ARE BANNED!!!!!!!
PS3 WIRELESS CONTROLLERS ARE BANNED!!!!!!! I have PS3 controllers with the battery disabled for use if you need one. They are free but I will need your ID for you to check one out.If you have a controller that uses an RF plug in that is wireless I will allow it. As long as It will not stay synced with the system when removed.

Also, tune in Wednesday at a chance to win a RESE Gift Card or a Mk9 Pdp Stick. More details below!!
http://testyourmight.com/threads/jan-17-2013-mk9-rese-lunch-money-charlotte-nc.26971/"

Source: Ssj4crisis_x's thread

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Damn, that was awhile ago. Can't blame you though, I still want to beat Aceunlimited's ass and he stopped playing the game like 8 months ago.
He's the only Freddy I've played in tournament and that's the closest I've come to winning one. Easily the loss I regret the most. This go around I'm mostly concerned with getting a ton of MU experience for my Kabal and Lao. I basicly rebuilt the way i play lao over the last few weeks.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Are you guys kidding me?! THE ONE TIME I CAN'T MAKE A RESE WHEN MK IS THERE AND ERRRBODY TRYING TO SHOW UP!! Man I wish y'all would've said something before I bought my NFC championship game ticket. T.T

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Are you guys kidding me?! THE ONE TIME I CAN'T MAKE A RESE WHEN MK IS THERE AND ERRRBODY TRYING TO SHOW UP!! Man I wish y'all would've said something before I bought my NFC championship game ticket. T.T
Yeah.... I would miss RESE, or any tournament, for the NFC championship. Definitely think you are on the winning end of that one.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah.... I would miss RESE, or any tournament, for the NFC championship. Definitely think you are on the winning end of that one.
Man I got a lot of friends at those RESE tournies I haven't seen in a long time, but you are kind of right though I guess lol.

Wait, are you a falcons fan?

#IamMuffinMuggers

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Now for my biggest concern..... Where is the nearest really good bar to RESE??? Win or lose I have some customary post tournament drinking to do.

That sucks, you haven't been to a RESE in forever! The next one is Feb. 9th and
March 16th. You'll be able to watch the archives though. If we get enough people we may even stream the event or at least finals. I'm trying to work all that out now with all the other games that will be streamed.

why wireless controller are banned?
Because people tend to push the home button during someone else match which of course causes the entire match to restart. We do carry some loaner controllers if you don't have a wired controller.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
Do you have a possible head count of who is going to attend so far?
I have the weekend off, and would be able to attend, its just a matter of gas being covered.

Glass_Sword