What's new

Mortal Kombat Still Better Than Injustice?

SLy

Noob
It has nothing to do with whose the better game.

It comes down to time. support and dedication of communities. That's what Evo is looking for. Its the only reason why MK and Persona 4 is still in the Lineup. Yea you can argue that MK did it in 2011 like a lot of people do. But lets face it.

MK before Evo was very messy. We had like 3 Patches and Banned DLC. It wasn't enough time for the game to grow. And I think Evo learned there lesson on letting brand new games for the main lineup. Not including Injustice pretty much stated that. It also shows that all because you are a new game doesn't mean you get an automatic spot.. If your game is not getting that extra support you are gonna have to wait in line like everyone else.

The Players Choice option is the only way we can get away with it though.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
You know instead of complaining why MK9 got in over Injustice why not just vote for it to be in? Think about it Capcom fans watching us play two great games besides one while they are eating salty fires with pepper.

But my friends I warn you...GG, Smash(Meele), Ps Allstars, and MLP:fim(someone donated over 500k to it already don't know if it's real or not. So don't quote me on that.)

Our foes are very powerful, but I think we can overcome them and defeat them.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It has nothing to do with whose the better game.

It comes down to time. support and dedication of communities. That's what Evo is looking for. Its the only reason why MK and Persona 4 is still in the Lineup.
QFT. The MK community has risen from the depths of hell to get their game where it is now,

While Injustice is a new IP that thus far gained the support almost exclusively of NRS's blind, corporate cheerleaders who wouldn't have given a flying fuck about the game if it was developed by Sega's AM2 studio. (which is funny given the balance they're notorious for which TYM thoroughly craves.)

This isn't necessarily the way I see it, but it shouldn't be that hard to recognize which game has the more admirable and sincere support behind it, and ultimately, who will put on the better show THIS year.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
The MK community cannot survive if MK9 is the only game that it revolves around. Sure, you guys are all excited about MK9 being included in EVO for a third year, as well you should be, but MK must change, and new NRS games should be embraced as much as MK9 if the MK/NRS games community is going to grow. Injustice should have been given a shot imo.
This.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
People in this community hate on Injustice before playing it just like other communities hated on MK. Pretty funny.
Might be because there's reason to believe the game will be gimmicky.

Cue overly elaborate impotent-appearing breaker system, stage-based traps that are better for certain characters, overly long (read: boring) stage transitions an ultimates...

I've heard NOTHING about this game being more geared towards tournament play, or balance efforts. Only how many more "features" (read: Tower of Souls, lol) it'll have. So why should I believe Injustice > MK9? Serious question.

I applaud the MK community for not following NRS blindly into a questionable new game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SLy

Noob
Bad logic. SFxT could not be played in its originally intended format (meaning gems enabled) because Capcom implemented their inclusion without fully considering how they could affect tournaments. In addition to that, time overs became commonplace, which took away from some of the excitement of the game. Later, the game ending Rolento glitch was found, and many easily executable infinites were discovered (and patched), but here we are and SFxT 2013 is at EVO despite Mr. Wizard's distaste for the game.
Bad Example. The Gem system wasn't the reason why the game lost excitement. People were fine with gems being turned off. It was the game mechanics itself that made it lose excitement. Many strings were too damn safe turning it into a very footsie heavy game which is not the most enjoyable to watch. If that's not convincing enough the setup for Evo was 2v2. Many players that wanted to give it a shot couldn't because they didn't have a partner. That died down the hype significantly. Your Rolento statement is irrelevant. In that same sense MK had glitches also. But it didn't turn the tables and affect the tournament.

MK9 had many problems before it was included in EVO 2011, but none of those problems were showcased on the main stage.
I absolutely agree. But keep in mind that's why its called SFxT 2013. Capcom didn't patch the problems that were shown on mainstage.

Lol if pl wins evo 3 times the entire offline community should be shunned from the game and forced to strictly play online and attend online tournaments smfh