What's new

Mortal Kombat Players I Need Your Help

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Tonight I was informed about a You Tube site that has been ripping content from dedicated Mortal Kombat streamers like myself, kombat network, bifuteki, etc. I am upset because I go through the trouble of organizing and throwing an event, drag my stream equipment out to events, spend nights editing the content and then getting it to my You Tube page for everyone to enjoy. Whats even more frustrating is that this person generates more traffic than the producers of the content.

If you have a You Tube account I urge you to post on this persons wall and let everyone giving this person love know what he has been doing.

Here is his you tube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Izuniy#p/u/4/M7eTvjoVifg

If you compare some of the videos that you see on his site to the videos on my site you will see that he took my content and just placed overlays over my watermark/overlays.

http://www.youtube.com/teamdigitaldojo

Thanks in advance fellas.

maybe hes doing u favor? maybe he just wnat to get it out there and stuff. i recommend to just contact him directly over a yt pm, tell him to atleast give you credit if not report him or sumthing.

EDIT:eek:k i checked. hes definetly stealing videos and taking the credit.
TROLLIN MODE (ON) OFF:uzi:

Eight

I am the salt
Yeah, try to send him a message first and explain the situation calmly.

If that doesn't work, then get back to us.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Yeah, try to send him a message first and explain the situation calmly.

If that doesn't work, then get back to us.
I've messaged him and he does not respond. On top of that this guy has a medal for one of the most viewed youtube pages which means he is making money off of everyone elses work. He just takes peoples work and then places his watermark/overlays over everyone elses.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
is there not some kind of way you can report him fro what he's by cantacting youtube staff?
I've actually looked into it. According to the copyrights on youtube I can post all of the videos that he stole and then show the original which will then have his videos pulled. 3 Strikes and they will take down his youtube page. I will be contacting Level Up and Bifuteki tomorrow to make them aware that their content is being stolen as well.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
You can't comment on his page either without him approving it so no way of letting people know this vids are stolen but I'm gonna try to show people on the comments on other vids

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
You can't comment on his page either without him approving it so no way of letting people know this vids are stolen but I'm gonna try to show people on the comments on other vids
Yh I tried to comment earlier what an asshole lol xD

Edit: Lol basically he'll cherry pick the comments of his page to keep his account looking nice and legit. If you comment on his videos he just removes them. I only tried posting something on his main page and I've already been blocked xD

I have adblock plus enabled so I can't if he's got partnership. Are you getting ads at the start of his videos or on the video, if so then he's making money off other peoples content. Yh man get in contact with YT and tell them whats happening I'm sure they'll disable his account.

KOA CAPONE

KING OF kINGS
before you told everyone about this he had a vid with com and then it gos to no com he would put some trash gtameplay of his at the end of vid you could tell by the high gameplay at the beging and then the last match its sheeva and reptile he couldnt evan do any bnb just report him hes a swagger jacking.

Tonight I was informed about a You Tube site that has been ripping content from dedicated Mortal Kombat streamers like myself, kombat network, bifuteki, etc. I am upset because I go through the trouble of organizing and throwing an event, drag my stream equipment out to events, spend nights editing the content and then getting it to my You Tube page for everyone to enjoy. Whats even more frustrating is that this person generates more traffic than the producers of the content.

If you have a You Tube account I urge you to post on this persons wall and let everyone giving this person love know what he has been doing.

Here is his you tube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Izuniy#p/u/4/M7eTvjoVifg

If you compare some of the videos that you see on his site to the videos on my site you will see that he took my content and just placed overlays over my watermark/overlays.

http://www.youtube.com/teamdigitaldojo

Thanks in advance fellas.
Wow dude I feel so sorry for you! Im watching his or I should say YOUR rain vids and its says ur name right fucking there! Fuck that I got nothing to do today Ill expose his ass.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I did notice one of my videos got taken down on his site. There were some tweets circulating because hes taken stuff from so many of our communities streamers. I've also filed a dmca complaint. It seems like flagging his videos will help bring attention to the youtube staff. Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Kwon

---->----
I'll help with flagging, Sao!

Is there a way where we can write where the comments are not removed by this culprit?

EDIT: Looks like that video was removed by user! :)

Any other clip he stole from you Sao?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I'll help with flagging, Sao!

Is there a way where we can write where the comments are not removed by this culprit?
Seems like we've put him on notice because hes locked down all forms of commenting. He has to approve everything now.

This is not how I want to come home from a Seattle tournament/trip haha.

Well, time to start flagging all of my videos. Hooray! LETS GET THIS JACKASS TAKEN DOWN!!!

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Update for everyone: YouTube has removed all of my videos and it looks like a lot more even. Thanks for helping our communities streamers win this war!

Update for everyone: YouTube has removed all of my videos and it looks like a lot more even. Thanks for helping our communities streamers win this war!
By this you mean your videos in his channel? If so, great job on exposing his white ass

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
By this you mean your videos in his channel? If so, great job on exposing his white ass
yep, all of my videos there were on his channel have been removed.

And when you go to them it says "▶ Mortal Kombat 9 Sheeva...This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Digital Dojo."

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Hopefully he'll learn his lesson and quit while he can. Happy to see youtube have done something about it.

Awesome, I checked his channel and all hes got is some videos about the story endings and stupid shit. I hope this will make his channel a big piece of shit and hopefully he loses a lot of suscribers.

B W1zZ

Noob
I was the one who originally discovered this youtube user was ripping from DigitalDojo, good to see the whole MK community getting involved in this.

I'm glad he got stopped dead in his tracks.

I have a concern though, and realize its completely as the devil's advocate: isn't this scenario dangerous in the eyes of the whole "make streaming copyright infringement". I mean in a sense, they could argue that he had just as much right to steal from you as you "stole" from WB/Capcom/Namco etc. Or at least that if the argument against making streaming illegal or fine-worthy relied on the notion that you don't present yourself as "owning" the content of the stream, (therefore nothing was "stolen" from the bigwigs) then theres really nothing to stop assholes like these from ripping from the streams and slapping their own label on it. Except for an army of trolls, of course.

I don't believe that to be true, this guy is obviously an asshole, but it seems like it could be an issue down the road. That is if the whole streaming controversy hasn't already completely vanished, I really don't know, I haven't been keeping up with it, its just food for thought.