What's new

Mortal Kombat Movie Release Date: April 16, 2021

After lots of rumoring, various delays, and years' worth of hopes and expectations, the time is finally upon us -- the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie has a release date: April 16, 2021.

The producer, Todd Garner of Broken Road Productions, tweeted the date on Monday afternoon, along with a note to expect a trailer early in 2021. Release is set for both theatres and HBO MAX.

Comments

well...a lot of movies have a bad habit of making it more exciting than it is or show scenes that are not in the film. This really happened in the 90s and well...to this day. I mean...Annihilation had really great TV spots/trailers, like announcing all several fighters with the remixed awesome theme and showing clips of Sonya's Kiss of death, etc. I mean even some movies had really awesome tv spots. Like the first GI Joe movie playing it for 30 seconds with the Hollywood Undead Crazy Train instrumental, but again had clips not in the film. Even stuff that was way different like that Sandra Bullock movie "Hope Floats" heavily promoting the soundtrack but yet it plaid Live - Lightning Crashes making it seem way more exciting than it was. It was basically Hallmark Movie with Well-known high paying actors at best.

Then others I think make the movie look boring. PLUS, many of these movies/shows we all are aware were completed/done over a year ago. So perhaps it is my age but it's hard to not see-through that I think. Regardless, taste is subjective too.

the only thing that would redeem this movie is if johnny cage is playing cole turner in a movie and he joins the tournament as a form of method acting.

This whole situation does not inspire confidence but whatever, I win either way. If this ends up terrible then I can laugh and make fun of it but if it's good then that's even better.

According to that article, COLE YOUNG has a BIRTHMARK OF THE MORTAL KOMBAT SYMBOL ON HIS CHEST..... Thats all i got really
That was mentioned on the test screenings Reddit reactions, they mentioned how it somewhat recalled the dragon birthmarks from Mortal Kombat Annihilation. But the feedback on those posts was still positive regardless.