What's new

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Coming to PC on July 3rd

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
The annoucement Ed Boon was referring to could have very possibly been what several members already guessed and that is Mortal Kombat 2011 is confirmed to be coming to PC thos Summer. The dates are set to July 3rd for digital download and physical copies available in August. The PC version will offer everything of that the console version offers including all DLC and full controller accessible.

Attachments

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
At the bare minimum, this makes me only have to bring my laptop when I travel... and maybe my Vita.

Now when I go anywhere, my laptop will have, at any given time:

AE, SFxT, MK9, MKAK and a few other games for windows.
What kind of laptop do you have? lol. My laptop is top tier trash. I have a gaming PC though.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The BEST thing about this, is that THIS VERSION of MK9 can...will be hacked. ^__^ And we can probably patch the game ourselves.

But I hope the PC version will include some balance changes and addresses some unintentional glitches/issues.
If only that came true and we could all lug our big ass PC's to tournaments lol.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
A man can dream. But...if the PC port is legit and have substantial balance changes and glitch/problem fixes, I don't see how that couldn't be imported to console version.
I can think of one reason, $$$. lol. There has been a portion of the PC gaming community bitching about MK9 on PC since release. I think that's the only reason it finally happened.

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
Just in time, now there's no one left who plays it.
This is how I feel, but in a less condescending light.
I feel like this is too late in the game's cycle to be pushing a PC release. Six months after the initial console release would have been ideal, in my opinion. 1 Year? Pushing it, but acceptable.

But this is two years (and some change) afterwards. Although it may be nice to see what competitive PC enthusiasts come out of the woodwork for this, the recent wave of fighting games (with games like SFxT's 2013 release and Injustice for consoles) might be overshadowing this.

webreg

Noob
Only 1 word: modding

First there will be nude patches obviously as is always the case. Then sensible and probably other awesome texture swaps. Stage and character hacks will be next. Simple visual things like exchanging projectiles and data changes like adjusting frame data, move properties and the like. Eventually characters will be redesigned with new powers and visuals. Animation and models will remain the same but the connection of animations, moves and hit boxes can probably be changed. I will certainly take a look at the possibilities.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The BEST thing about this, is that THIS VERSION of MK9 can...will be hacked. ^__^ And we can probably patch the game ourselves.

But I hope the PC version will include some balance changes and addresses some unintentional glitches/issues.
Yeah, we will patch it just to give everyone resets

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
This is great news! Better late than never, indeed. It would be nice to have a PC version of Injustice at some point as well.

Reactions: SPY

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
If the netcode is good and there's plenty of good players I'll play it a lot :D.

Maybe someone will unlock the hidden fighters & bosses & make them online compatible (with others who downloaded the patch of course). It'd be insane if a team makes new characters from their ideas.

Theres gonna be a large amount of people that instant air anything on a keyboard lol.