What's new

Mortal Kombat Kollection

Tim Static

Adminerator
i hope that they actually include every title that was actually for arcade

someone also noted that at midwayarcade.com that none of the mks are found in there but yet primal rage is??
lol, all I gotta say is that if they include MK4 on it, please for the love of god make it play perfectly from the arcade!

*alarm clock*

oh.

damn.

Anyways, Maybe they have something in store later this year too with putting the klassic MK's on their site. I dunno, but I bet Ed will make some serious fucking cash from that, so you know its inevidable.

krsx

Noob
Hasn't this been wanted since 1996 when MKT was first announced? Add in UMK3 and MK4 for the full arcade quotient and it would be pretty cool.
Will PS2's online support these? Does anyone even use PS2's online anymore?
If so, I think some online MK4 will be interesting, at least for a few days. I played it once over kaillera...it wasn't pretty.

krsx

Noob
I played mk4 on kaillera p2p last night and it fuckin rocked.
The only thing that doesn't work properly is he announcers voice, but who cares.

It plays faster than even on n64 :)
Cool, I tried a long time ago (months, maybe over a year now) and it was quite crappy. There was a lot of choppiness and as you said the announcer didn't work, but for the few moments it did play, you're right, it was super fast - which is something I love about MK4. The guy I was playing wasn't really that good either, so, combined with the lag (which I'm thinking now maybe had more to do with the time/connection), that probably had a lot to do with my lame experience.

I'd play the shit out of it if it comes out for ps2
Me too. Put aside all the weak gameplay and on its own, it can still be a very fun game.

It's unfortunate they tempered the UMK3gameplay, and if you look at the lack of different popups, the absence of friendships/babalities/animalites, and the return to the darker theme and less-comical fatalities, as well as the super-fast speed, I think you can see Midway were trying to draw back all those fair weather fans from MK1 and MK2 that they lost after MK3/U/T.

Azuro

Noob
I played mk4 on kaillera p2p last night and it fuckin rocked.
The only thing that doesn't work properly is he announcers voice, but who cares.

It plays faster than even on n64 :)
I'd play the shit out of it if it comes out for ps2
MK4 works on MAME properly now?

Since when???

Tim Static

Adminerator
I couldn't imagine this would sell to the vast majority of all gamers, 3D MK fans or not.
As you said, IT ISN'T EVEN A COMPLETE SET!

The only reason I would even consider buying it is if Shaolin Monks was playable online, and that is still too much to pay for that (probably 70-100$ I am assuming).

I guess you can still play shit on your ps3 though(?)

They probably just had a bunch of shit left over and took a small risk making the new packaging lol
I can play it on my PS3, but I doubt online is available on it.

But yes, they should just put MK:SM & MK4 in one package, both with online play so me and Zaq can get off on that for a long while. lol

I still havent done MK:SM co-op....ever. :(

RoGE

Noob
MKDA and MKSM with all the 2D games with online play would have been MUCH better.

Well, its still not bad for only being 39.99.