What's new

Mortal Kombat controllers.

Hi guys!

I just wondered if it was worth purchasing the Mortal Kombat controller the one with 6 button? Rather than using an xbox one controller?

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
It's a good controller but it's very cheap. I loved it when the game first released and it lasted me about 3 weeks unfortunately

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
If you are referring to the official PDP MKX pad, I have heard it is fine when it actually works but a bunch of people have reported that it had serious durability issues.

Some people have had better luck with the Hori FC4 pad (I do own one of those and it is a nice pad) but most of the pad players just use the regular ps4 pad myself included.

Ah I use the Xbox one controller maybe an elite one of those may be better. I find the ps4 pad a bit better streamlined.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I use the xbox elite controller and I have block on top back paddle on the right side. I was thinking about switching to either hitbox,stick,or ps4 controller because I have bad habits on X1 controller and it just doesn't feel right for fighting games imo

Last edited:
I would really like a stick I think but I know they take a lot of work. Never saw the hitbox I just think the xbox controller is a bit thick for fighting games. Great for shooters.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Yeah KI is pretty lame on a xbox one controller. Even with the new d pad on this elite controller it's underwhelming. I feel like KI is designed for stick
It really is. Most 6 button fighters are best on stick. Though I'd argue if I could use my PS4 controller on KI I could do a lot better. It worked for Skullgirls well enough

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
It's hot garbage, don't waste your money on mkx pdp pad. Hori fighting commander is much better. Though after a week I went back to my ps2 dualshock pad with an adapter.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Ah I use the Xbox one controller maybe an elite one of those may be better. I find the ps4 pad a bit better streamlined.
Xbox one elite pad is better but I wouldn't recommend it. PS4 pads are horrible too.

PS1/2 pads are far superior.

Was looking to buy a fightpad myself, what I've heard from reviews is that the original pdp MX pad is aweful, most say it's quality is shit since it lasts like a month before it breaks down. Looked into the new madcatz fight pad sfV edition and while the d-pad looks amazing and just that almost made me buy it the reviews are bad, I mean really bad. Most say the d-pad sucks and it does the complete opposite of what was intended to do, as in the inputs and execution is horrible. (Someone please counter this argument, it really looks useful lol). The better reviews have been for the Hori fc4, which almost everyone agrees it's the best pad out there. I own a HORI rap v5 and while the stick feels fine I decided playing on a pad was waaay more comfy and moveable. Something awesome is that many many players have said that a regular ps4 pad is the best, I play on a regular controller and find it perfect.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Was looking to buy a fightpad myself, what I've heard from reviews is that the original pdp MX pad is aweful, most say it's quality is shit since it lasts like a month before it breaks down. Looked into the new madcatz fight pad sfV edition and while the d-pad looks amazing and just that almost made me buy it the reviews are bad, I mean really bad. Most say the d-pad sucks and it does the complete opposite of what was intended to do, as in the inputs and execution is horrible. (Someone please counter this argument, it really looks useful lol). The better reviews have been for the Hori fc4, which almost everyone agrees it's the best pad out there. I own a HORI rap v5 and while the stick feels fine I decided playing on a pad was waaay more comfy and moveable. Something awesome is that many many players have said that a regular ps4 pad is the best, I play on a regular controller and find it perfect.
As I said before ps4 pads are garbage and SFV d-pad looks horrible and heard only bad reviews.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Plug and play for the PS3/PS4 to XBone version, you'll have to update the firmware if you want to totally disable the turbo function.

There's a thread for those converters in the Tech/Talk forum
Yeah nvm I thought you could use it for ps4 too with ps3 pad.