What's new

Mortal Kombat Armageddon - brokenness thread

if this thread interferes with the contest posted on the front page then mods feel free to delete, but since the game is out now ( PS2 at least ) i feel it's at least maybe a good idea to have a thread confirming what ridiculousness is still in the game, i.e. severely crippling tactics, tiers, that sort of thing

for now it's been confirmed that the Choy Lay Fut infinite is still in the game, anyone else testing stuff?

Jade: Throw, teleport, throw, teleport,etc. The teleport can't be done until the second time the opponent hits the ground. If you try to do it too early, the teleport won't come out. Anyway, the throw after the teleport seems guaranteed, but I haven't tested it online yet. I'll test it out tomorrow night. The sad part is, I found this literally 5 mins. after picking Jade up. I really hope the throw can be avoided. :(

K can you tech throws? I saw someone post on MKO that you can PARRY throws. Can anyone here confirm?? Plz only answer if you've actually tested this. And if you can, could you post a vid, thx.

caliagent#3 said:
DAVE101 said:
This game might naturally be more balance because of the new parries and air breakers.
How? parrying is a universal tool given to all characters
I meant in the sense of now it's even easier to escape a combo in the middle of it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wall air combo infinite, not escapable. Shang, Quan, Noob, and Taven have this...I'm sure others do as well.

I heard that a Hotaru and Moloch have infinites as well.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah horrible, I posted about another ridiculous Konquest mode infinite, on that same training mode, I punched one guy with single jabs around the entire arena 3 times with no break, or death. I wish you got bonus coins for combos...

I'm pretty sure quick punches too. Once they are airborne the enemy seems to go higher every time so maybe some timing is neccesary. There's overkill too, so the combo meter will still go up long after the victim is dead.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, but I was just punching the guy as he was standing, just about to fall over, 100 times +.

dreemernj

Ambassador
And in Konquest, the combo meter isn't really a combo meter. I mean you can pause, step away, step towards again, and keep hitting and it will keep adding to the meter. The meter is there to make people feel good about getting big combos so when you are in a crowd you can stop comboing one person and walk over to someone else and keep comboing them and the meter will keep going.

RayRokka

Noob
I was playing boss vs boss and I realized that the bosses can juggle and throw each other...

I think the whole cant throw or juggle bosses by regular characters is a lazy cop out and it throws balance off big time.

Moloch is retarded, how did they not find that shit?

Also my friend has this shitty ass nunchuck set up.

He mashes nunchuck and then goes into a low fireball, throw, mid mixup. It's very frustarting and very hard to get away from since the collision volumes of nunchuck are way beyond what you can see visually.

It's like this forefield that has anti air and advantage properties.

So fuckin stupid. If the chucks hit you the throw at the end is free I think.

If anyone has a strat for beating this garbage I would like to know.

Shock said:
Yeah, but I was just punching the guy as he was standing, just about to fall over, 100 times +.
Yes but I meant for when they are alive, because its interuptable.
You can do the same thing with kicks in the corner long after they are dead.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I noticed when I faced Moloch in one of those Obelisk thingies in Hell that he often left the ground. He seemed to like to stand about the height of his foot off the ground. Not a huge break but still interesting...ly bad.

You can throw some bosses, but maybe just airthrow others. In the botton two rows I think you can throw:
sheeva, baraka, motaro (maybe just airthrow), havik, drahmin, meat, and kahn.

Several things-

You can parry throws. Or rather, it seems like I've done it at least 5 times (opponnent presses R1, I press back+R2, I get a parry).

"Bigs" (Moloch, Shao Kahn, Onaga, Sheeva, Goro, Kintaro, Motaro and Blaze) can juggle each other and throw each other, although it's much more difficult than normal. Forex, Moloch's neutral 4 launcher doesn't work against other Bigs.

Air Kombat combos are always escapable, provided you have a breaker (to the best of my knowledge). Corner air combos can be escaped this way, I think.

And lastly, long live MK! Armageddon is the best nontechnical fighting game I've played in a LONG time.

as seen in Pneophen's stuff on youtube, Magic Grabbing is absolutely absurd in MKA and can be done with overhead projectiles ( Kai and Ashrah ) or any projectile involving recovery frames or techrolling

confirmed infinites so far ( as far as i know )

ermac - choy lay fut 1,1,1,1,1,1,1 xn
moloch - 1,1, u+3 xn
chameleon -
Crane - 2, 3,3,3 (wall) b,f+3, b,f+3, b,f+3.......
noob inf
4, 4, jump, 1, land, 4, 4, jump, 1...

Noob's 44 j.1, land MUST be finished with something in the corner, as it cannot juggle in the corner.... AFAIK, best ender for that is 44, j.1134, land, throw shiruken.