What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection CONFIRMED FOR SUMMER 2011!!

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
OJuggernaut0 said:
Still hyped for this, I'm thinking this will bring in a lot of players for UMK3 since it's on both platforms. And since MK9 is getting a lot of tournaments exposure, maybe people will want to play the best MK game there is too!
agree

NoDoubt

nasty
btbb99 said:
still no new news on this thing huh?
so far according 2 mcnasty who got to play it at the PDP on cab, it supposadely runs like Mame 119 which is pretty good i guess since that emulator is more close to the arcade port in terms of graphics. Of course online has probably not been tested yet by players so hopin things work out. So excited

I just dont wanna wait till september but we might have to

btbb99

Noob
NoDoubtArion said:
so far according 2 mcnasty who got to play it at the PDP on cab, it supposadely runs like Mame 119 which is pretty good i guess since that emulator is more close to the arcade port in terms of graphics. Of course online has probably not been tested yet by players so hopin things work out. So excited

I just dont wanna wait till september but we might have to

september? i thought it was dropping during the summer sometime

NoDoubt

nasty
btbb99 said:
september? i thought it was dropping during the summer sometime
It was said end of the summer, so technically that would be in sept. since fall starts end of sept. Many people think itll hit that month but i just hope it hits a bit sooner like sometime in August at least.

If its good to go as stated above, i would love 2 have it around my B day in July.

If the netcode is an improvement from UMK3 on XBLA, I may have to get a PS3 just for this. There's only two things this game absolutely needs, good netcode and button configuration. All the other features it may have will just be bonuses.

Too bad they aren't doing this like the 3sO. Updated/improved graphics. Not UMK3:HDR, but just improved graphics like they're doing with 3sO.

iammud

Noob
ZAQ said:
If everyone is smart they will buy the PC version of this game. We could all play each other without having to use these bullshit consoles and paying unnecessary fees. They should have done this in 2005-2006.
It's 10 bucks! People should be able to easily purchase it for multiple systems. Plus, if you BUY the game for the PC, you'll show NetherRealm that there really is a market for PC fighting games, and maybe they'll go ahead with releasing MK9 on Steam. If too many bootleg it, it's going to become SFIV, and never see another PC release.

ZAQ said:
Juggs buy an ethernet cable before you buy another system that is easily your MAIN PROBLEM with online play and it's nobody's fault but your own. After using 360s online system, you will hate PS3, it's limited in almost every aspect compared to 360. Take it from me and I've only been using 360 since 2008 or whatever.

If everyone is smart they will buy the PC version of this game. We could all play each other without having to use these bullshit consoles and paying unnecessary fees. They should have done this in 2005-2006.
Good point, forgot it's going to be on PC too.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
ZAQ said:
Depends on the system requirements. If it's high end, I'll stick to PS3.

DCIguy said:
Depends on the system requirements. If it's high end, I'll stick to PS3.
How could it be high end? I'm pretty sure netbooks can play MK on MAME at full frame-rate.

I say this while still knocking on wood...as I'm about a month away from my 1500 USD Gaming Rig

Tim Static

Adminerator
ZAQ said:
Juggs buy an ethernet cable before you buy another system that is easily your MAIN PROBLEM with online play and it's nobody's fault but your own. After using 360s online system, you will hate PS3, it's limited in almost every aspect compared to 360. Take it from me and I've only been using 360 since 2008 or whatever.

QFTMFT

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Rain.Dog505 said:
How could it be high end? I'm pretty sure netbooks can play MK on MAME at full frame-rate.

I say this while still knocking on wood...as I'm about a month away from my 1500 USD Gaming Rig
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dreamcatcher said:
Doesn't a PC release kinda seem pointless since we already have Mame?
As cool as it is to use mame, its not universal and easy for everyone to use, certainly not like an actual legal release.

ZAQ said:
I meant that if the online is good, I would think about getting a PS3 to play the competition. I know PSN is garbage, lol. But like I said, you're right, the PC version is a good idea.

Tim Static said:
As cool as it is to use mame, its not universal and easy for everyone to use, certainly not like an actual legal release.
Yup, it's about accessibility. Sure, UMK3 on MAME is free. But people are dumb and lazy and more people would rather pay someone to set-up MAME for them than to do it themselves. So in a sense, this is kinda like doing that.

Tim Static

Adminerator
ZAQ said:
Even if you don't to use the PC version you should buy it for all of the years you have played Mame for free as most players only used it because there simply was no other options. Every player here should get the PC version so we can all play each other finally, assuming your PC can run it (I'd bet it probably wont need super specs but you never know).
Amen haha

NoDoubt

nasty
According to the XBOX 360 website upcoming games schedule and the PS3 one, the Arcade Kollection will be released September 30, 2011.

http://xbox360.ign.com/index/release.html

Way to go for having a "summer release." lol...im excited but damn, why we gotta wait when this thing is like ready to go. Probably just cuz the PDP stick is comin out the same day.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
well i just want it, so we can have some matches that r properly emulated. xbl seems to run slower and mame just has to many issues. shit needs to come out already

btbb99

Noob
Chuck Fiasco said:
Its crazy how long its taking for this game to even have a official release date. Kinda pisses me off.
agreed 100%, it's not like they are making a whole new game or something, it's not even going to be HD, what is going on with this?