What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection CONFIRMED FOR SUMMER 2011!!

Kaz

Noob
Lol can't wait! I'm gonna climb the MK2 leaderboard with my Raiden! Hopefully they have chat and better online options.

Kaz said:
Lol can't wait! I'm gonna climb the MK2 leaderboard with my Raiden! Hopefully they have chat and better online options.
Haha forgot about the leaderboards! Hopefully they are better than the XBLA UMK3 leaderboards... they're awful!

X820

Noob
It's great that we get the first 3 (and only real) MK games on one disc, it's long overdue though :)
I do hope they will put effort in the online system and such and hopefully having this on 3 different formats doesn't split up a chunk of the community (ps3 vs xbox).

Eventhough it's not what at least I hoped for, this I will get the day it's released. 8)

X820 said:
It's great that we get the first 3 (and only real) MK games on one disc, it's long overdue though :)
I do hope they will put effort in the online system and such and hopefully having this on 3 different formats doesn't split up a chunk of the community (ps3 vs xbox).
It's not going to be on a disc, it will be DLC.

I just am hoping for button configuration and that it's actually a "perfect arcade port" as it claims. And as far as online... I want good netcode, spectator mode, good matchmaking, and a decent leaderboard. It also would be nice if in addition to getting a loss for rage quitting, you got penalized in another way.

Dark_Rob

Noob
This is definitely awesome. If the ports are arcade perfect and they have controller configurations we may never need to use MAME at tournaments again.(Thank fkin god)
BTW I just preordered the PDP Klassic fightsticks at gamestop. Apparently if you preorder through gamestop you get a voucher to download MK arcade collection for FREE!!!

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
all around good news. very cool. mk9 is decently entertaining...but seriously...let's get back to business!

might even consider an xbox so i can bully around xbl in mk2 ;)

OJuggernaut0 said:
Haha forgot about the leaderboards! Hopefully they are better than the XBLA UMK3 leaderboards... they're awful!
Agreed. Any ranking system in which you WIN several matches, but DESCEND several ranks as a reward fails IMO.

I also hope that there will be a 4 player 2v2 mode for UMK3 online. It would be great to team up with a friend to battle two other players on Xbox Live and PS3. :D

BeRB

Noob
I think you will see more Subzero, Sonya and Cage in MK1 Few Raidens here and there
But I stick to liu kang in every variation. No matter how bad he is
In MKII, You will see more Mileena, Kitana, Jax and Random Selects in my opinion

UMK3 a variety, But i'm gonna play my kang!

X820

Noob
Kensidj said:
all around good news. very cool. mk9 is decently entertaining...but seriously...let's get back to business!

might even consider an xbox so i can bully around xbl in mk2 ;)
That will be a sad day in scrub ville haha!

I just hope the MK Arcade Kollection is really popular on both consoles. Playing UMK3 on XBLA in the early years is one of the most fun gaming experiences I've had. So many players, the drama, getting better, everything. I might even have to get a PS3 IF PSN is up before July, if not fuck 'em.

But yeah Scheiss, we'll see a lot of Sub sliders and Robo Homo whores. We need to make a name for Sheeva though, let's make these noobs think she's top tier!!

NoDoubt

nasty
OUIJA WARRIOR said:
Agreed. Any ranking system in which you WIN several matches, but DESCEND several ranks as a reward fails IMO.

I also hope that there will be a 4 player 2v2 mode for UMK3 online. It would be great to team up with a friend to battle two other players on Xbox Live and PS3. :D
^ - ya which is why u shudda been on mame earlier I can host 2v2s wit 4 players !

But it would be sick if that was included in this package...online team battles, hellz yea. If they do have leaderboards, it'll most likely be accurate this time. I have no IDEA why people play ranked on xbl. You get nowere and you have to keep rejoining after a match, wats the point

Grindfox said:
I think I have seen these Mortal Kombat games before, they look fun.
Haha

I can't wait for this. Hopefully they overload the online options so there's a bunch of shit to do. I would definitely love 2v2 mode too. Maybe even BP points like in SF4.

X820

Noob
ScheissNussen said:
haha yeah, everyone should just low-mid tier this time around and see if it changes the timeline this time around. I'm definitely eager to try all these games on a ps3 pad this time around.
It's only the best pad ever for MK imo :)
Why not hook yours up with MAME and have a go?

ScheissNussen said:
haha yeah, everyone should just low-mid tier this time around and see if it changes the timeline this time around.
scrub: Why is your C-sub wrecking my Kabal....
me: Spin is fast... but block is just faster.. and my ground puddle's hitbox width is easily over the width of your character, so your not going to get in close with that there. Now that I think about it, I didn't see one sawblade from you either. I'm not going to slide with that thing on the floor, but then again.. I would just freeze you... idk... Maybe you do have options, but I'm just coming up short when I think about it : /