What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Truck Tour Locations & Dates

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
**Get hands on time with Mortal Kombat**

Los Angeles, CA (3/3/ - 3/5)
Best Buy #109 @ 11301 W. Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064 (3/3 & 3/4)
Best Buy #1198 @ 2375 N. Tustin, St. Orange, CA 92865 (3/5)
---
Austin, TX (3/11 - 3/12)
Dallas, TX (3/19 - 3/20)
San Francisco, CA (3/25 - 3/27)
Minneapolis, MN (4/8 - 4/10)
Chicago, IL (4/16 - 4/19)

**INFO FOR EACH CITY WILL BE POSTED CLOSER TO THE EVENT DATE**
For those of you able to attend and experience this never-before done traveling event, this forum is for you to discuss your experiences.

Enjoy and I hope to hear from you guys! Us East Coaster's aren't so lucky... :(

DrDogg

Noob
For those of you able to attend and experience this never-before done traveling event, this forum is for you to discuss your experiences.

Enjoy and I hope to hear from you guys! Us East Coaster's aren't so lucky... :(
Wouldn't the MK4 tour mean that it's already been done before? :confused:

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
actually 2 of these dates and location are very doable for me...Chicago, IL (5hours out) & MN, my wife's mom lives there, gives us a reason to visit (8hours out) dont really know if it is all that worth it though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
actually 2 of these dates and location are very doable for me...Chicago, IL (5hours out) & MN, my wife's mom lives there, gives us a reason to visit (8hours out) dont really know if it is all that worth it though.
i cant justify it either, considering the closest locations are too close to release date, which means i'll be playing the full game by then :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
mastermalone's review of MK9

So I played the game today and I can start off by saying this...

The game is good...very good.

It feels like a mix between MK II and Street Fighter II Turbo (with some MKvs DC added in)

I will also say this....

HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU GUYS USE THOSE AWFUL GAMEPADS FOR FIGHTING GAMES????!!

There were four PS3's set up which were all running the recently announced demo version of the game. You could only choose from Sub Zero, Mileena, Johnny Cage and Scorpion. The animations were much smoother than what we've seen in the videos and the response times from from button press to screen update with the attack is on par with other fighting games....finally.

There was no more of that weird, block stun feel from MKvsDC. I was using Mileena for the demo and I can tell you this much about her in the game:

She has fast recovery on her jab
Her low kick attacks are sort of slow, but she has a really interesting double sweep when you press X, O. She has a standard, forward crouching kick which looks a lot like the low crouching kicks from MKvsDC.
She has a fast standing knee, or crotch kick as well as a sort of lunging kick. it seems that you can buffer special moves from any of her kicks.

Her special moves are performed as follows:

Sai Blast: B,F+Square
Teleport Kick: F,F+X
Rolling Attack: B, D+Circle (This move is VERY quick now! But it still not a low attack
)
Leaping Neck bit Move: D, F+Triangle (IIRC)
Leaping Overhead Sai Neck Stab Move: D, B+Triangle

She has more shit but I can't remember what the moves were.

Her X-Ray move now starts off with her rapidly stabbing the opponent in the gut, then she goes into the knee to the jaw animation that we've seen before.

I was unable to get more than 5 seconds of footage of the game before they stopped me from filming

Apparently, pre-ordering the game enabled you to get a free MK T-shirt. They also gave us cards for some free MK Music while we waited in line to play.

I can tell you that the game is definitely solid and feels like what most of you would consider to be a really good MK game. I only wish I had and Arcade Stick to use at the event.

Peace
Taken from here: http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?t=7265

We'd like to thank him for posting and letting everyone know his thoughts. ;)

Good shit.

i thought command starting with ff were banned from the game do to forward dash i can see many players doing unintentionals special move

new mk truck tour cities (1 in canada)

credit mk facebook and mko

Updated tour listings now look like:

* Austin, TX (March 11 - March 12)
* Dallas, TX (March 19 - March 20)
* San Francisco, CA (March 25 - March 27)
* Vancouver, BC, Canada (Dates TBA)
* Minneapolis, MN (April 8 - April 10)
* Chicago, IL (April 16 - April 19)
* Seattle, WA (Dates TBA)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mastermalone is awesome, he knows a lot about fighters and take his word for it.

Based on his review preview and some others from the truck event, from the yt vids everyone else said the same thing. One guy said the game feels like MK2 and UMK3 kind of combined, Malone says MK2 and MKDC combined kind of...I was saying from the start that judging from the looks of this game, it looks like MK2+UMK3+little MKDC=MK9 with a speed in between UMK3 and MK4.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. I know the games not out yet but this WILL be one of the best MK games ever made! Mark my words.

TWZTID

Noob
i thought command starting with ff were banned from the game do to forward dash i can see many players doing unintentionals special move
That won't be happening. It would've happened in mkdc if that was the case. Jax gotcha grab was ff2, scorpions spear was bb1. No specials consisted of just ff or bb.

MKF30

Yeah the only moves in MK history that had no buttons just the pad was Raiden's "superman"/flying move" which was back, back, forward originally, his teleport down, up and Kano's cannon ball was originally full circle, noticed how over the years they made every move have a tap, tap and button imput for safety :) I could see back, back forward being an issue with the dashing mechanics. Smart move NS

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i see no problem in having bottom buttons having f,f or b,b inputs for specials. the top 2 buttons i see there being a problem with the dash if there were f,f or b,b inputs for specials.

MKF30

Well, FF there would be some issues because the dash imput is FF so you'd be dashing when trying to do certain moves. I think this is a big reason why some moves that were formally FF imputs have altered to Back, Forward or something else. Like I heard Sektor's teleport isn't FF anymore.

Just got back home from a fun day at the Mortal Kombat Road Tour in Farmer's Branch, TX right outside of Dallas Today (3/20)!

It was a Blast!

I won the Tournament and got 1 PAX East T-Shirt and 4 more MK Road Tour T-Shirts.

Got Interviewed and they took down all my Info for winning.

Tawnya and Josh were Super Kool people, who were putting on the event.

Also got to meet some Kool new MK Friends.

Me and the Supercharged WS6 Trans Am in front of the Trailer

Me at the back of the Trailer

Me beside the MK Truck

Hanging at the Trailer

Me next to Sub-Zero

Me next to Scorpion

Me between Sub-Zero & Scorpion

My cousin Clay & I next to the Trailer

My cousin Clay at the back of the Trailer

Josh, funny dude, I wanted that Head Band!