What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Guys I'm guessing there's no way to downgrade the game to 1.0 on PC? The game did come out with the KE already in after all.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Not that I know of. You'd have to manually recreate 1.0 characters basically.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I did that. some tweakvars are quite different from their 1.00 counterparts (Sub for example) others not so much. Again, I believe it's possible to recreate their 1.00 behaviors it's just that it's a decent amount of work. You can't just port it over by swapping endians with 010 editor and call it a day.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
That's too bad. I saw some videos of all the broken stuff in 1.0 and I really wanted to try it out.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Jesus, Ive tried to play this game, one or twice, and I cant get back on track - too much MKX is in me lol.

MFS

Noob
Hi everyone, does anyone know how to change the music in the PS3 version? I used programs & tutorial (pic in attachment) from Psx-place, but no luck so far. My new file after FMOD SoundBank Generator is smaller than the original, I put several zero bytes at the end but the music doesn't play in the actual game.

Could you please explain what programs & methods do you use to change the music in the PS3 version? Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
With the mod is the only way to play the game through parsec?
You can play online as long as you both have the same build. We usually kept the skins default to prevent de-syncs. However, this was years ago and I don't think you can get that build anymore. @NSR is working on some duke nukem stuff now I think

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I haven't played the game enough to really appreciate the changes but the mod is pretty sick and adds some quality of life stuff that you would definitely want to have. I downloaded a good while ago.

Get info on the MK9 discord which still has people recently talking the mod

Marinjuana

You can play online as long as you both have the same build. We usually kept the skins default to prevent de-syncs. However, this was years ago and I don't think you can get that build anymore. @NSR is working on some duke nukem stuff now I think

I did a real quick google search to see if I could find NSR's duke nukem mod or whatever.. didn't find much but I felt compelled to share this

x90

Noob
I haven't played the game enough to really appreciate the changes but the mod is pretty sick and adds some quality of life stuff that you would definitely want to have. I downloaded a good while ago.

Get info on the MK9 discord which still has people recently talking the mod

It doesn't, really. It's a weird mix of changing too much or not nearly enough. That's why nobody plays it.

Marinjuana

It doesn't, really. It's a weird mix of changing too much or not nearly enough. That's why nobody plays it.
What doesn't?

There are people who always dislike these types of games, like 4th Strike or the Street Fighter 2 mods. But the discord seems decently healthy for a niche mod for an old niche game that is difficult to even play online.

x90

Noob
What doesn't?

There are people who always dislike these types of games, like 4th Strike or the Street Fighter 2 mods. But the discord seems decently healthy for a niche mod for an old niche game that is difficult to even play online.
What do you mean "what doesn't"?

Discord is Discord. Hop online and there's nobody playing this mod. I asked a few players, they hated it.

I started to build my own simple balance mod where all I buffed Jade, Kano and NW but got kinda bored with it. Not many were interested in it either.