What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I think it's time to announce this, even if it's a little bit anticlimatic to do so via a forum post, but oh well.
I have partnered with the best MK9 players to bring you the best possible version of this patch:
@YOMI REO @Biggs @RM AtK! @xSMoKEx @YOMI MITYEAP @DetroitBalln
ETA? IDK, i'm not a psychic, but we are working on balancing MK9.
@BillStickers
deserves a mention, he helped with the PC porting, and he'll also collaborate on this project.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
straight rocket? Most likely the PC port. I checked the PS3 version. Sektor's flame burner input has been a pain the ass, check the costumes and tell me which ones are causing the problem. Yes, mids will be mids come next patch, BillStickers has already clued me in on what was the problem.
Saibot bug? Yep, he's just like Kano if this is the case (making the knives animation quicker means if there's another of the same type on screen, it erases the other one of the same type that was on screen.. There's no limit programmed, as NRS didn't foresee this, apparently)
Thanks for the testing, and guys, the announcement will make a lot of you happy. Stay tuned.
Yeah, I'm playing the PC port.

I just tested Sektor again.

The input for his straight rocket is d,b+1 in his default skin and it's b,f+1 in his alternate skin.
The input for his flameburner is b,f+2 in his default skin and d,b+2 in his alternate skin.

My game crashes when I choose his MK3 skin, it goes through the loading screen and then it crashes about 1 second in.

NSR

really odd (about MK3 Sektor)
can anyone else test if MK3 Sektor crashes?
btw, I looked up the PS3 inputs (the offsets) so that I could tell where I had to modify them on the PC. I assumed the only thing that it would change would be the endians.
Nope, apparently, they swapped the offsets of the inputs around.

NSR

also, take a look at this, this is training mode info taken from the coalesced eng files.
[Practice]
HitHigh=HIGH
HitMedium=MEDIUM
HitLow=LOW
HighOrLow=HIGH
HitUnknown=???
HitNoBlock=UNBLOCKABLE
HitHorzHigh=HORIZONTAL HIGH
HitThrow=THROW
HitVertHigh=VERTICAL HIGH
HitHorzLow=HORIZONTAL LOW

mk3 sektor has no straight missile, teleport crashes the game, tested 4 times.
sektor vanilla has no straight missle, was teleports input always df4 or was it db4? i dont remember
mk alt skin hum has no flame burner and input of teleport is wrong (? read higher), also might be just me but up rockets are slower

NSR

Up rockets being slower is due to Human Sektor having different frame data, by NRS' design.
Straight Missile should be DB1, now on Costume 1 and MK3. This isn't the case on PS3, I was properly able to test it there, but wasn't on PC, still, thanks for the info.
MK3 crashes? Odd, no crashes occurred to me on PS3, and he's suppose to have an identical tweakvars that matches the main costume.
Maybe my MK3 Sektor file got corrupted? PC Human Sektor, according to Nephrite, has the intended input change implemented properly, Costume 1 and MK3 don't and MK3 seems buggy.
Thanks for the feedback guys, though. The input change has a chance to be reverted, but in any case, at least I know PC MK3 Sektor seems to have some kind of problem.

Up rockets being slower is due to Human Sektor having different frame data, by NRS' design.
Straight Missile should be DB1, now on Costume 1 and MK3. This isn't the case on PS3, I was properly able to test it there, but wasn't on PC, still, thanks for the info.
MK3 crashes? Odd, no crashes occurred to me on PS3, and he's suppose to have an identical tweakvars that matches the main costume.
Maybe my MK3 Sektor file got corrupted? PC Human Sektor, according to Nephrite, has the intended input change implemented properly, Costume 1 and MK3 don't and MK3 seems buggy.
Thanks for the feedback guys, though. The input change has a chance to be reverted, but in any case, at least I know PC MK3 Sektor seems to have some kind of problem.
i think changing inputs in general is a bad idea. ive playing some of the mk9 characters for 5 years now, their input is like my skin, changing them is not right. there was no need to that, in case im not misunderstanding something and input change was unintentional.
it also would be amazingly beneficial if you were able to test things on pc, we can always test and provide with what we can but with this kind of communication over the forum our capabilities are minimal and unproductive.
you are the creator of patch, you must have a way to test stuff on pc.
sorry if i sound mighty high, just my personal opinion.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I never had any difficulties with any of the default inputs for Sektor or Mileena's roll input either. On the contrary, it was her tele-kick input (f,f,+3) that I thought was awkward because I'd sometimes get an accidental tele-kick after dashing forwards and trying to do d+3.

The kind of inputs I'd love to see changed are the awkward ones like Kano's horizontal cannonball (the default one is awful) and Liu's bicycle kick (I'd change it from b,b,f+4 to just b,f,+4 or d,f+4 to make it easier to use in combos).

also, take a look at this, this is training mode info taken from the coalesced eng files.
[Practice]
HitHigh=HIGH
HitMedium=MEDIUM
HitLow=LOW
HighOrLow=HIGH
HitUnknown=???
HitNoBlock=UNBLOCKABLE
HitThrow=THROW
Hmmm...

My guess is the following:
HitHigh=HIGH -> these would be high hitting moves that whiff crouching opponents
HitMedium=MEDIUM -> if I remember well, all moves that are registered as MEDIUM in training mode are overheads, so these would be overheads
HitLow=LOW -> low hitting moves
HighOrLow=HIGH -> I think these moves could be 'regular mids' (not overheads) as they register as HIGH in training mode, but hit both standing and crouching opponents (like Kitana's f+2).

NSR

HighOrLow, I've actually been trying to figure out what attacks should be Mid with this, and what aren't.
Sub's 1 uses HitHigh, Sub's 11 however uses HighOrLow (with my mod, it comes out as Mid)
Sub's 22 comes out as Mid, same thing with 224.
Are the Mid attacks I described actually mids? I believe Sub's 11 is a High. Keep in mind, it's only the text in the practice mode that was modified, not the actual property of the move itself.
@BoromiRofGeo
Not everyone has the best PC in the world or is rich, or lives in a 1st world country, my pc has problems with MK9 (never reaches full 60 fps, which makes it rather annoying to test) that's why I don't own MK9 PC anymore, PS3 MK9 was much smoother to play.
I did the PC port in kind of a hurry, I'll admit, but thing is, I really wanted to make the port and never could due to always being busy (either college, as of recently, or some other stuff)
However, next release shouldn't contain these types of bugs.
Inputs are gonna be changed, though, Mileena's telekick most likely will be changed to match the MKX input. IDK if the roll input will be reverted or not, but Sektor's input will be reverted, most likely.
I would love to do Kano as well, but the fact we haven't discovered how punch/kick buttons work in conjunction with the pad input (which only contains directional inputs) means he's out of the cards, for the time being.
Kang's possible though, but I won't say anything further about him.

in mkx attack types are clear and seperated.
in mk9 not so much.
basically high is attack that hits standing opponent blocking or not.
medium is attack that hits crouching opponent not blocking (hits on block but doesnt break hit, while high completely misses crouching block).
overhead is an attack that hits crouching opponent when he is blocking and breaks it. (this is the difference between med and overhead) for example all jump in kicks and punches are overheads.
well, low is a low.
also. i live in eastern europe former cis country georgia. nuff said.

NSR

good for you man, but not everyone has the best pc in the world, nor does everyone have the money to go get one right now. I'm lucky enough to have a PS3 as it is.
In any case, the top dogs of MK9 are gonna help out with the balance changes and testing, so several bugs that occurred in this release won't happen again.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
for example all jump in kicks and punches are overheads.
Only JIPs are overheads in MK9, JIKs are not overheads.

--- --- ---

Man MK9 is confusing.

I just messed a bit with SZ in training mode. I set Johnny as my training dummy.

SZ's standing 1 always whiffs Johnny when he's crouching regardless whether or not he's blocking.
The 2nd 1 in the 1,1 string hits Johnny consistently when he's crouching and blocking and incosistently when he's just crouching.

The weird thing with this string is when you do 1,1 then pause SZ will remain in place, but when you quickly perform another 1,1 string in succession SZ will move forwards. :-\ (It's the same in my PS3 verson to which I did not apply the mod).

As for his standing 2...

On my PC, where I applied the mod, it very rarely hits Johnny that is crouchng and blocking (like once in 15-20 attemps), but when it hits it registers as MEDIUM and breaks his block, thus behaves like an overhead.
On my PS3 (no mod applied), it also very rarely hits Johnny that is crouchng and blocking, but when it hits it registers as HIGH and does not break Johnny's block, thus it does not behave like an overhead.

NSR

I'm convinced block requirements do not affect hitboxes. that means it could be possible to change the block requirements and in conjunction with the practice mode mod, make these attacks show up as Mid.
What makes an attack Mid in MK9 is not the block requirements, it's the hitbox.

NSR

I've made a list as to what needs to go ASAP:
STUFF THAT NEEDS TO GO ASAP:
Sub-Zero's 2 being overhead and D4's buff
Rain's, Kratos', Ermac's D3, Scorpion's D3 and D4, but on block and whiff.
Kabal's NDC Removal.
Sindel's damage buffs.
Sonya's Kartwheel's speed and damage nerfs.
All of Kitana's changes.
JC's 21F2.
JC's fireball buffs.
Ermac's B1 being low.
Modified inputs for Sektor and Mileena.
Raiden's EX Blast being Overhead.
Scorpion's 4 speed buff.
Quan Chi's trance on block.
Kano's 112 hitting overhead, same thing with Choke.
Kano's EX Ball being unblockable from the get go.
Cyrax's D4 should be altered, it's overnerfed.
Stryker's Roll Toss being low, B3 should be slightly nerfed, revert 1,11 and 12.
Sub's Ice Puddle is too fast, should be a bit slower.
Mileena's Neckbite buffs.
Mileena's D1, on block and whiff.
Sheeva's B2 is too fast.

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
[Practice]
HitHigh=HIGH
HitMedium=MEDIUM
HitLow=LOW
HighOrLow=HIGH
HitUnknown=???
HitNoBlock=UNBLOCKABLE
HitThrow=THROW
In MK9, MEDIUM = Overhead

NSR

Yeah, I know that, I already modified Medium so it says OVERH. (character limitation, I couldn't put OVERHEAD, sadly)
It's gonna be included in the next release.

NSR

if ermac would be able to cancel from u4 he would be kung lao tier.
for the record, i had dreams of u4 canceling since 2011.
Sadly, NRS decided not include a allow2in1 (special cancel) variable there.
About the only way I can think of making U4 anything close to being cancellable is to reduce the hit recovery, but that has potential to make the move extremely broken, and I've learned my lesson when it comes to reducing recovery frames, as the list I made above can exemplify this.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
gotta love the new Sindel 52% meterless midscreen BnB

I've made a list as to what needs to go ASAP:
STUFF THAT NEEDS TO GO ASAP:
Sub-Zero's 2 being overhead and D4's buff
Rain's, Kratos', Ermac's D3, Scorpion's D3 and D4, but on block and whiff.
Kabal's NDC Removal.
Sindel's damage buffs.
Sonya's Kartwheel's speed and damage nerfs.
All of Kitana's changes.
JC's 21F2.
JC's fireball buffs.
Ermac's B1 being low.
Modified inputs for Sektor and Mileena.
Raiden's EX Blast being Overhead.
Scorpion's 4 speed buff.
Quan Chi's trance on block.
Kano's 112 hitting overhead, same thing with Choke.
Kano's EX Ball being unblockable from the get go.
Cyrax's D4 should be altered, it's overnerfed.
Stryker's Roll Toss being low, B3 should be slightly nerfed, revert 1,11 and 12.
Sub's Ice Puddle is too fast, should be a bit slower.
Mileena's Neckbite buffs.
Mileena's D1, on block and whiff.
I agree on everything besides Stryker's 1, 11 and 12, can't you make them recover just a bit slower? Vanilla 12 was just too bad. Also I didn't test Sonya yet, why revert the changes?

Last edited:

NSR

gotta love the new Sindel 52% meterless midscreen BnB
Enjoy it while you can, the damage buffs are going to be removed come next patch.
Sonya's Kartwheel speed and damage nerfs are going away, but the recovery frames on block nerf is staying. Same thing with the Dive Kick nerf.
We'll see about Stryker. Maybe I'll make it on par with Jax, who can now do 12 after 2F2B1? Can't promise anything though, and there are areas I didn't cover about Stryker (namely the grenade toss and the Xray)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Enjoy it while you can, the damage buffs are going to be removed come next patch.
Sonya's Kartwheel speed and damage nerfs are going away, but the recovery frames on block nerf is staying. Same thing with the Dive Kick nerf.
We'll see about Stryker. Maybe I'll make it on par with Jax, who can now do 12 after 2F2B1? Can't promise anything though, and there are areas I didn't cover about Stryker (namely the grenade toss and the Xray)
For Stryker: what about making 2 on his 12 string less damaging instead of nerfing his juggle potential? If combo damage is the issue. I'm telling you because I'm loving the new Stryker, but I see that his damage might be too high :p

EDIT: About the new Stryker you also gotta love his new b3f2xxEXBatonSweep that goes low->overhead->low->overhead <3

Last edited:

NSR

for the record, it's not just combo damage I'm worried about, I'm also worried that it might grant very safe jumps on hit if the opponent is hit on ground. Especially for 12.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
for the record, it's not just combo damage I'm worried about, I'm also worried that it might grant very safe jumps on hit if the opponent is hit on ground. Especially for 12.
I see, I'll just enjoy it while it lasts hoping it won't get nerfed too bad then.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
As for Sindel's damage... I'd buff the damage on her enhanced hair grab, that move is bascially worthless for a bar of meter it uses.