What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Just checked...I inlcuded SubZero_F (MK3) ... but I forgot the other Sub-Zero costumes (facepalm)
I'll upload them in a separate rar. thanks @Scott The Scot
EDIT: Done, check the video description again. :D
Sorry about that, I was absolutely certain I had included the files in the rar.
It's not a problem, this is why I'm testing it :p

Just to be clear, I mean that, I can't combo off of F4,1+2. Ice Puddle hasn't changed. The balance changes aren't there either :p

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Yeah, that's because the files (outside MK3 costume) weren't included. I have uploaded the files now, so you should be able to test the changes in all the costumes now.

NSR

you are welcome :D
Let me know how Stryker is now :D probably broken as hell, though, haha.

Scott The Scot

you are welcome :D
Let me know how Stryker is now :D probably broken as hell, though, haha.
I'll test Striker now, although I don't have too much previous experience with him lol. Sub seems good. I think Standing 2 being an overhead is too strong though. Ice Puddle is great, there are no situations where Ice Puddle is guarenteed so that has been adjusted nicely. No infinites (in 1v1 mode) so far, you'll be glad to know haha :p

Scott The Scot

Sub's D4 isn't a block infinite? Check again on that.
I was talking about Ice puddle infinites lol. I was just kidding around. I could not get Sub Zero's D4 to be a block infinite in the corner against reptile. Granted my method of testing was one hand controlling reptile and the other controlling sub zero so that's not very efficient. Reptile could xray through it, but MK9's training mode is booty so it's hard to test stuff like that.

I'll test Striker now, although I don't have too much previous experience with him lol. Sub seems good. I think Standing 2 being an overhead is too strong though. Ice Puddle is great, there are no situations where Ice Puddle is guarenteed so that has been adjusted nicely. No infinites (in 1v1 mode) so far, you'll be glad to know haha :p
i thought i was the only one, couldnt make puddle work no matter what string i tried to cancel into it, although strangely enough i think other changes were there because sub zero's slide worked from full screen.
I was talking about Ice puddle infinites lol. I was just kidding around. I could not get Sub Zero's D4 to be a block infinite in the corner against reptile. Granted my method of testing was one hand controlling reptile and the other controlling sub zero so that's not very efficient. Reptile could xray through it, but MK9's training mode is booty so it's hard to test stuff like that.
yes when i went to mk9 training mod omg i realized how much inferior it was and how much i hated it. very hard to test stuff in here. i remember back in the days i recorded macros on my keyboard to make mannequin do reversals and stuff but yeah, im not going to do that ever.

Scott The Scot

i thought i was the only one, couldnt make puddle work no matter what string i tried to cancel into it, although strangely enough i think other changes were there because sub zero's slide worked from full screen.

yes when i went to mk9 training mod omg i realized how much inferior it was and how much i hated it. very hard to test stuff in here. i remember back in the days i recorded macros on my keyboard to make mannequin do reversals and stuff but yeah, im not going to do that ever.
I'm just going to get a friend to test with me specific things lol.

NSR

yeah @BoromiRofGeo
sorry man, I really thought I had put all of SZ's costumes there.
In any case, even if Sub's D4 has no block infinite, it was a move, that, to my understanding, was good enough and didn't need any buffs or nerfs to speak of. Most likely, it will be reverted come next patch.

Scott The Scot

@Scott The Scot
how's the testing going? fine atm?
It's going well! :)

Sonya literally can't do her BnB's now that Kartwheel is slower. She has to rely on 114 to start her combos and that means she has a pretty low damage output.
Kano's B112~Ex Ball doesn't combo but because Ex Ball is an unblockable it just resets the combo counter. Choke being an overhead is mental lol. Mixup city for Kano.
Sindel's 31B2~levicancel jails into her standing 1. It also gives excellent damage.
Stryker is good. He has Jax/Cage-like combos that allow him to get some big damage midscreen and in the corner. His B3 is suuuuuper fast now, stagger pressure is good with it and if he connects with B32 then he's getting almost 40% meterless midscreen which is pretty good lol.
Cyrax's D4 has been neutered. Barely gives an advantage on hit.
Cage's F33 is now punishable on block by fast moves like reptiles slide and pokes. I would have prefered if you have the recovery frames he has now but have him still be safe after F33, so he can still use it for pressure and baiting pokes - a key part of his game.
Noob is excellent the way he is now, much more solid.
I'm happy with the Jade changes, but it would be nice if you could link the overhead staff slam after 12 and make her standing 3 hit box better and maybe hit mid (not overhead, just mid).
Scorpion does good damage off of his F214 string, especially near the corner if you link it into spear (over 40%, approaching 50%. I'll work on that lol)
Quan Chi's trance needs to be reverted to it's old state or at least have a bunch more recovery frames on block it's pretty silly right now lol.
Sheeva is much more viable with her increased speed.
Jax now gets good damage midscreen off of his 2F2B1. For a bar he can OTG for an unscaled 14%. Jax is still good.
I have no idea why Ermac's B1 hits low lol, especially since F4 is special cancelable now. His fireball is much better, this was a good change.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
No Kang love ? I see these changes and watched @NSR 's video and realised how SubZero must be in this version.
I have some Kang suggestions and also some general roster suggestions but I don't want to bother NSR since he already must have had it working on this project...

NSR

She can't do her BNBs? That was not an intended nerf, the only intention was to fix how safe Kartwheel was on block (although admitedly, both versions share the same data, so if you nerf one, you nerf both. No ifs and buts about it. Complain to NRS about that) So the speed change is getting reverted.
What about Kenshi? I haven't heard anything about him.

NSR

No Kang love ? I see these changes and watched @NSR 's video and realised how SubZero must be in this version.
I have some Kang suggestions and also some general roster suggestions but I don't want to bother NSR since he already must have had it working on this project...
I may (emphasis on may) have an announcement to make soon. It's probably going to make a lot of you happy :D

Scott The Scot

She can't do her BNBs? That was not an intended nerf, the only intention was to fix how safe Kartwheel was on block (although admitedly, both versions share the same data, so if you nerf one, you nerf both. No ifs and buts about it. Complain to NRS about that) So the speed change is getting reverted.
What about Kenshi? I haven't heard anything about him.
I'd have to use Kenshi in a match agaist somebody and I haven't yet. I will say the frames of recovery he got is definitely noticeable. Sprirt charge is still pretty fast, barely noticeable but I haven't looked at Kenshi in years!

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Kang for the most part is fine he's getttin minimal changes .. which include a d1 change and that b1 thing

NSR

there haven't been any d1 or b1 changes. there's a chance a new announcement will be made soon.
But I can tell you this much, next release will be released on PS3 and PC simultaneously.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I messed a bit with this modded version yesterday.

First of, thanks for all the efforts and re-sparking the interest in MK9.

Is there any way to make a move just a normal mid and not an overhead? Currently, Jade's U+3 is an overhead and it looks silly when she hits an oppenent which is crouch blocking. Love the change on Jade's glow (not taking extra damage)!
Kitana's Pretty Kicks (non-ex and ex) are also overhead at the moment and I think changing them to regular mid (not overhead) would be better.

Saibot's and Nightwolf's new combo possibilities were fun to mess around with. I haven't managed to get any crazy damage, which is good, though I haven't had much time to mess around. With Saibot I noticed if you perform an enhanced shadow slide or charge and then quickly follow-up with another shadow charge or slide the follow-up shadow slide/charge clone disappears?! :-\

As for Sektor... It says in the notes his flame-burner input was changed, but if I remember well from yesterday when I messed around with the mod, I think its actually his straight rocket input that's been changed to db1?

Anyway, fun stuff to mess around with! :)

NSR

straight rocket? Most likely the PC port. I checked the PS3 version. Sektor's flame burner input has been a pain the ass, check the costumes and tell me which ones are causing the problem. Yes, mids will be mids come next patch, BillStickers has already clued me in on what was the problem.
Saibot bug? Yep, he's just like Kano if this is the case (making the knives animation quicker means if there's another of the same type on screen, it erases the other one of the same type that was on screen.. There's no limit programmed, as NRS didn't foresee this, apparently)
Thanks for the testing, and guys, the announcement will make a lot of you happy. Stay tuned.

hey bro sorry for late response didnt have a sparring partner on a pc so got bored fast.
my personal opinion is that kartweel should be little safe because sonya lost her bnb.
you already know what to do with kabal and cyrax
ermac's b1 should not hit low, if anything it should hit overhead but not low
kanos chocke should be medium not overhead
im not sure moves that dont look low or overhead should be that type. jades u3 is another example of this.
also you should normalize all pokes d1,d3,d4 on hit, on block and on whiff.

Last edited: