Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 1.85)

Discussion in '[MK9] General Discussion' started by NSR, Jan 23, 2016.

?

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2017.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. SaSSolino

SaSSolino What's even the point without hellsparks?

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    Yeah, I figured so, but still.

2. SaSSolino

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    @NSR Kenshi's soul charge tends to whiff in the corner against crouching opponents. Try cancelling f32 or 114 into it against a crouch blocking Scorpion, it works on other characters as well.

3. NSR

NSR Also known as Futuretime23

It's intended to be a special high attack, in other words, if the opponent is crouching, they can avoid the attack. If they are crouch blocking, it will connect. No edits to the colsize variable were done, only the blockreq one.

4. THTB

THTB #BlackRanger

XBL:
    x THTB x
    @NSR so...I'll be able to actually check this game out since I have a PC that can actually play the game lol.

NSR likes this.
  5. NSR

That is awesome dude! looking forward to the feedback.

6. THTB

THTB #BlackRanger

XBL:
    x THTB x
    So, first roadblock lol.

Getting an out of memory error to pop up and game stops responding on boot.

7. NSR

you didn't read the instructions properly.
    You are supposed to rename or delete the startup.xxx.meta file
    @THTB

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  8. THTB

THTB #BlackRanger

XBL:
    x THTB x
    Figured it out lmao.

9. NSR

Ok guys, it's time to announce it.
    I've gotten some very helpful feedback from @REO @RM AtK! @Insuperable
    Next patch will have a shift in focus towards character changes. A lot of them. How many? Well over a hundred.
    Mind you, most of the old stuff that was done will be kept, this isn't like the 1.00 fiasco where nothing was kept.

Specifically what this patch will aim at for character changes is: fix hitbox issues, fix useless strings, fix underpowered ex moves.Other types of nerfs and buffs will be present, but I won't say anything more. It will be pretty big.

System changes will still be present, with normalized stages being guaranteed to show up. I'll try to fix meter drain, as well as negative edge, input storing, P1 adv. and Block adv. No guarantees on these 5 changes though.

Toasty Boost will be nerfed, it will either give no meter or outright be impossible to execute.

Finally, outside of additional skins, I changed my mind about the music: classic music will play by default and several stages that had shitty music will have their music replaced (Hell by Scorpion's Lair for example)

There may be some UI changes, but that's a major MAYBE.

REO is planning to do a stream of MK9 TE 1.85 this weekend, however he needs to check with his friends to see if he can play.

When will MK9 TE 2.00 be released? Q4 2017. Nothing else to say except stay tuned.

It will be a big one.

REO, Nephrite, Bleu231 and 8 others like this.
  10. SaSSolino

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    Bruh on paper this is great!

Buffing useless moves is huge, and so is removing all them bugs if you make it.

11. @NSR I hope you manage to make Jade pass through Kenshi's stuff some day.

12. NSR

If I were you, I wouldn't hope that to happen :(

BTW, one detail I want to add: every character except for Kratos will receive at least one change in the next update.

Stay tuned till then.

EDIT: scratch that off the list, Kratos will receive a change.

I'll also add that there will be a few changes to improve tag team balance.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    SaSSolino likes this.
  13. SaSSolino

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    Tag team! Hell yeah!

Think you can give us Kratos on PC by the way?

14. Revy

Revy ★ C88 Revy ★

XBL:
    C88 Revy
    For Jade, if you add stun frames on hit after a successful low or mid Re-Boomerang on return that would be the best buff that you could ever give her.

NothingPersonal likes this.
  15. NSR

No. Many attempts have been done by other modders back in 2013 and it's currently impossible due to some major reasons:

The first is that his skeletalmeshes (his character model, for example) are compressed/encrypted. This is the case for all of the PS3 version's models, and is the major reason why inserting new meshes on PS3 is impossible. (not the case on PC, obviously)

Second is the fact PS3 uses big endian, PC uses little endian. What this means is that you will have to manually reconvert the entire file to little endian. Not as easy as it sounds.

Third is the fact you would have to reassign the sound data to be PC and not PS3. I assume this one may not be as hard as the others but still.

Sorry man.

Can't promise anything, you'll have to wait and see.

16. Briggs8417

Briggs8417 Salt Proprietor of TYM

PSN:
    Joker8417
    Damn man, this makes me wish I had a PC super hard. I'd play the hell outa this.

17. Okay, so I've read the first few and last few pages of this thread. Total noob. I'm very interested, as I haven't played MK9 in ages. This is actually making me want to buy it on steam. Only thing I don't miss about it is the atrocious netcode. I see that testing for new netcode is ongoing. I guess my main questions are:

Will 2.00 have the updated netcode when it releases?

Once the patch is applied, how does that affect the online aspect of the game? Assuming matchmaking servers are still running for the game (I don't even know if they are, online might be dead for all I know) won't that totally break matchmaking since I'd now have a modded version of the game? How would I go about finding matches? Sorry if this is covered somewhere in the 15 pages of this thread I didn't read, just don't have time at work. Thanks in advance for any information.

18. Briggs8417

Briggs8417 Salt Proprietor of TYM

PSN:
    Joker8417
    You gave Nightwolf a low?! @[email protected] Lawd jeezus help me, I'd play that shit so hard. For realz

19. NSR

The netcode files will still be optional. The reason is because the results I've gotten from the modded netcode files are a mixed bag. I've gotten results it plays as smooth as MKX GGPO, a slight improvement, to the game lagging like crazy and outright crashing.

We still don't know what the modded variables actually did, nor what their names are (the names are encrypted)

So, the netcode is a 50/50 gamble.

That being said, to my understanding PC MK9 lags less than console versions, provided you both have a good connection.

20. I gotcha. Thanks for the response. I assume that once I were to patch the game to TE 2.00, I'd be forced to try to find matches with only those who also have that patch applied? If so I'd probably make two installations of the game. The base game in one directory, and the TE 2.00 patched version in another.

21. Revy

Revy ★ C88 Revy ★

XBL:
    C88 Revy
    Also there's certain bugs that's in the original game when it comes to Jade. Would you like me to list them?

22. SaSSolino

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    That's too bad.

23. NSR

Yes, otherwise the game will desync and quit back to the lobby if you try to play with someone who doesn't have the exact same files as you do. (this includes if you decide to use one of the optional netcode files or not)

Yeah sure, go right ahead.

Cobainevermind87 likes this.
  24. Revy

Revy ★ C88 Revy ★

XBL:
    C88 Revy
    1. Reboomerang sometimes doesn't return
    2. Shadow Flash & Glow doesn't work against Noob Saibot's Saibot Charge & Saibot Slide
    3. Shadow Flash & Glow doesn't work against Nightwolf's Lightning & Thunderstorm
    4. Shadow Flash & Glow doesn't work against Scorpion's Demon Fire & Hellfire
    5. Shadow Flash & Glow doesn't work against Smoke's Smoke Bomb
    6. Shadow Flash & Glow doesn't work against Freddy Kruger's Hell Spike (I think) but Hell Blast
    Shadow Flash & Glow doesn't work against Cyber Sub-Zero's & Cyrax's ground bombs but if Jade is immune to these on top of the buff I suggested and the current buffs already in this version, Jade 7-3's Cyrax easily (5.5-4.5 Cyrax in original game) BUT it would have very little effect to Human Cyrax (Cyblax) as he is far better at rushing down and has a quicker teleport. I think Cyber-Sub would be 5-5 against Jade regardless.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 5:24 PM