What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Camera Hack on PC by Enigma642 - See the backgrounds like never before

IROC

WP IROC
Badass!!! I want to explore the stages so bad now. Like that monster in the "hell" stage and Kahn's collesium. Or characters moves with teleports (see how low sektor comes from under the stage, or scorpion comming from the other side, ect

I think the mod is in a good enough state to release. Still have some improvements to make, but here goes. Keep an eye on the original post for progress and updates.

Steps:

1. Download the EXE from link below
2. Launch the EXE and MK Komplete Edition (doesn't matter which is first)
3. Alt+Tab back to desktop
4. Click Refresh (this will auto select the MKKE process)
5. Read the info in the interface and it should be straightforward from there

Recent Updates:

- Added "Practice Options" checkbox and hotkey (defaults practice options to more convenient configuration)
- Game no longer has control of tilt a.k.a roll, so fatalities and character intros are smoother
- Fixed camera so that it starts in the default position at beginning of match as opposed to starting off at 0,0,0 coordinates (which was the middle of the floor)
- Hold CTRL for slower movement speed (helps with precision)
- Hold SHIFT for faster movement speed (helps get to edge of stage faster)

Known issues:

- Camera control seems to hang at the Temple stage
- If you activate free cam prior to match start, and then deactivate it during match, normal game camera will invert
- Nekropolis and Krypt do not work correctly when free cam mode is active
- Camera switches occur, during fatalities and character intros, causing an unwanted zoom in/out affect (you still have good control over the view though)

Unknown but possible issues:

- Multiple monitors with game loading on secondary monitor
- Patching. If NRS patches the game, it will likely break the mod

Testers (thanks very much for the feedback):
- @Mikemetroid
- @DuBBer Kiir
- @virtiqaL
- @rainuS
- @OFIDYAN
- @PND_Ketchup
- @zaf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/esbow1cxb6b1ofj/MK9_Free_Look_Camera.zip

Last edited:

virtiqaL

Noob
- Added "Practice Options" checkbox and hotkey (defaults practice options to more convenient configuration)
Not sure if it's intentional, but this feature doesn't disable the Game HUD (health bars), just the damage info, collision, and button log.

Not sure if it's intentional, but this feature doesn't disable the Game HUD (health bars), just the damage info, collision, and button log.
That was intentional. From my experience, the health and meter bars weren't typically in the way of the view. Button inputs, and especially damage info, was always getting in the way. So I turned those off by default, and naturally, having super meter on full is also nice. Most people aren't making videos, so unless there is major demand to turn the HUD off by default, I'm going to leave it on.

Still working on getting the playback meter thing toggleable for video makers though.. The memory address for that is eluding me, but I'll find it.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
can we get some camera close ups of Shinnok in The temple Stage ?????

please!!!!!????????

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I can't stand Skarlet death scream. I will never forget that one time on Reo's stream, when Skarlet was killed in the Deadpool stage fatality. He screaming was hilarious.

These mods are awesome though. It's amazing how much work and detail they did in the background stages.

Flagg

Noob
Any chance of seeing some fatalities with the camera pulled out and looking on at the angle used during regular fights?