What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 at Evo 2014 now taking registrations. POT BONUS!

Anyway, I owe this community a lot for all the fun and knowledge I've gathered throughout these years, particularly @Alien Substance for being my "mentor" on my MK9 experience.
Really? I was just helping out someone who was asking questions in a forum that I tended to; I did not think that I was a mentor-figure to you. I am honored to read that. And you're welcome! :3
PS. thank you for giving me something to rejoice with after the depressing outcome of Brasil at the World Cup.
Sorry about that gloomy performance.
I'm a Kratos player, and too bad it will not be on PS3 so someone could play Kratos! ;)
Even if it was on the PS3, Kratos would likely still be banned from play. ;_;

Anyway, this is a time to be happy and hype, for the good members of the community have stepped up to host MK9 at Evo!

huh

Noob
Really? I was just helping out someone who was asking questions in a forum that I tended to; I did not think that I was a mentor-figure to you. I am honored to read that. And you're welcome! :3
Sorry about that gloomy performance.
Indeed most of what I've learned to do and enjoyed about MK9 was due to your posting, advice or watching your gameplay. Thank you.

It's funny that I was introduced to the franchise through Kratos... But now it's my favorite game and for MKX I plan to pick someone more iconic as Scorpion or Subzero (Reptile for sure if he makes it!) ;)

And lets make an awesome tournament. In the absence of Kratos I'm cheering for a Reptile player to show up and place high despite all odds!

Indeed most of what I've learned to do and enjoyed about MK9 was due to your posting, advice or watching your gameplay. Thank you.

It's funny that I was introduced to the franchise through Kratos... But now it's my favorite game and for MKX I plan to pick someone more iconic as Scorpion or Subzero (Reptile for sure if he makes it!) ;)

And lets make an awesome tournament. In the absence of Kratos I'm cheering for a Reptile player to show up and place high despite all odds!
Aw. Thanks. And you're welcome, again. :)

See, everyone, this is further proof that guest characters are good!

For me, I am cheering for any Sektor, Cyber Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, and Johnny Cage that happens to be there. But in general, it does not matter, because I'll probably enjoy the whole thing, anyway!

Reactions: huh

Sami

Noob
Followed for the $1.

edit: awww yiss WoundCowboy has entered. As much as I hate his Sinetro (nothing personal, I hate all Sinetros!) I love his Shang.

Last edited:

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Wow, the community is finally doing something that a community should do. Running events by themselves to keep hype for a 3 year game alive. Everyone kept talking about why MK9 is dying and trying to hype it back up, but no one thought of running a tournament for MK9 when the majors wouldn't. Claude VonStroke is #1
It always annoyed me when I hear other communities get jealous of all the fame and success that melee has. This is how melee did it, they kept their scene alive and well by doing stuff like this

RM Big Wrath Daddy and @G4S J360 have been paid for. I can't wait for this.. I'm far more hype for MK9 than I am for IGAU!

@AK Pig Of The Hut and @G4S Claude VonStroke, thank you guys for being such awesome members of this community. What you guys did here for Evo is truly amazing.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! I would've loved to have added some $$$$ to the pot bonus. But I ended up sponsoring a bunch of RM guys to attend MLG, CEO, and now EVO. So it's kinda' rough. Regardless. I can't wait to see who comes out on top!! This tourney is the definition of Godlike.

-Stranger