What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Trophy List Revealed

As for the Achievement number difference between the Steam DB and PSN, as far as I know Steam does not have any kind of limit on the number of Achievements. Perhaps the PC version will simply have more of them.

Other games have had more Achievements on PC than console before; i.e. XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Update: Oh, and as a Mileena main, I expected her to _not_ be in the game for some time now, and my believe was more or less solidified when we learned Derek had designed and was in favour of Jade.

Having said that, I'd love to be wrong!

So I totally don't get it. Why raise the hopes of people to see more kharacters from the beginning by putting 29 slots on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE and then release game with 24 + preorder bonus? Of course I'm assuming now that Cetrion/Frost/Kollector/anyone else we know from the leaks are considered 'secret kharacters', which is 90% true. Is that really how marketing suppose to work? Raise hopes and then just throw a middle finger to the fans? And yes, I gave up my hope for any 'secret unlockables' that we are not aware of.
As soon as I checked out the official site roster slots myself I posted in the thread about it, that I don’t see 29 slots. All I saw was 25 slots including Shao Khan (marked as DLC) and a 26th slot followed by 3 gradually fading slots which can’t even be highlighted like the other 26. It was obvious to me that it meant 25 kharacter base roster + the 26th slot being the first DLC (Shang Tsung), and the fading slots just hinting at more DLCs to come after him.
The people in the thread started trying to prove to me that I am wrong.
It isn’t NRS’s fault you all thought that meant 29 base roster kharacters. There isn’t solid confirmation there. Your assumptions aren’t part of their marketing.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
honestly, going back to the big roster leak at the start of march It feels weird to see all 9 of those blank slots to be dlc

idk, like I know this is real, but steam having 30 achievements not known yet is also very interesting aswell

It's now the waiting game I suppose

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
As soon as I checked out the official site roster slots myself I posted in the thread about it, that I don’t see 29 slots. All I saw was 25 slots including Shao Khan (marked as DLC) and a 26th slot followed by 3 gradually fading slots which can’t even be highlighted like the other 26. It was obvious to me that it meant 25 kharacter base roster + the 26th slot being the first DLC (Shang Tsung), and the fading slots just hinting at more DLCs to come after him.
It isn’t NRS’s fault you all thought that meant 29 base roster kharacters. There isn’t solid confirmation there. Your assumptions aren’t part of their marketing.
I'm printing this post and framing it on my wall.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Good marketing doesn't leave this grey area to raise hopes just to later let fans down. Instead of putting 25 slots + eventually 6 marked as DLC (we already know the number of chars in KP1) they purposely placed 29 just out of the blue. It was a dick move, because they obviously knew that fans would go crazy in theories about who will that be and what does that mean.
Good marketing would explore this opportunity to really please fans with some extra-characters (and please don't fool me with: not-everyone-has-seen-the-leak bullshit). Bad marketing will just leave fans empty handed. And now, we are all dangerously approaching the moment when the 2nd option is true. Why shouldn't I be disappointed if they are clearly hinting and teasing things just to leave us with NO EXTRA CONTENT?

Of course I will take back all of my words if we actually receive some unlockable stuff that noone is aware of. For now, I'm sceptical and I consider their marketing as whack. I really wish I am wrong now tbh.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Good marketing doesn't leave this grey area to raise hopes just to later let fans down. Instead of putting 25 slots + eventually 6 marked as DLC (we already know the number of chars in KP1) they purposely placed 29 just out of the blue. It was a dick move, because they obviously knew that fans would go crazy in theories about who will that be and what does that mean.
Good marketing would explore this opportunity to really please fans with some extra-characters (and please don't fool me with: not-everyone-has-seen-the-leak bullshit). Bad marketing will just leave fans empty handed. And now, we are all dangerously approaching the moment when the 2nd option is true. Why shouldn't I be disappointed if they are clearly hinting and teasing things just to leave us with NO EXTRA CONTENT?
But if NRS gets people talking about their game, and theorizing isn't that good marketing since they get people to take an interest in their game?
Your reasoning for good marketing is that they are just giving you extra stuff, what does getting more than what you bargained for have to do with marketing? As far as I'm concerned you're just asking for more stuff cause you're unhappy with the base product, getting hyped up for things that were never promised to us.

Of course I will take back all of my words if we actually receive some unlockable stuff that noone is aware of. For now, I'm sceptical and I consider their marketing as whack. I really wish I am wrong now tbh.
You either didn’t read my explanation for the roster displayed on the official site, or you are in denial. Either way you are free to be disappointed, not much anyone can do here.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
ok let me rephrase it. Good marketing = creating hype. But also if you are creating hype for something, you have to deliver later on. If you are creating hype for something (29 characters) and then dont deliver = bad marketing. And yes, Im disappointed. But its not like me wanting more and more and more without any reason. I expected more based on what i've been teased with. What I got? Nothing. And ill make it clear once again - if Im wrong, I will take back everything.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
They didn't create hype for 29 characters, so your post and opinion is built from the ground up on something that is incorrect.

It is not NRS's problem that a bunch of people took a shitty GameFaqs leak saying that there were three additional unlockable characters and believed it, making them predisposed to believing (against any evidence) that the roster page confirmed there was 29 characters. They are not obligated to troll every message board on Earth to find out what people are saying in order to make sure they aren't taking the wrong message from the information they provide.

The only reason people even thought there were 29 characters is from blank spots on a leaked internal character select screen that was not meant to be publicly seen and a fake leak from Gamefaqs. This is nonsense - you haven't been teased by NRS with anything.

Last edited:
I just don't understand some of the decisions they make. I mean, they obviously know about the leak and that we expect 3 secret characters. And it's ok the leak to be wrong and NRS didn't do anything. But why add the website with 29 character spots for the roster? And not 31 to add all the DLC? And that weird coding with the locks. Like someone said this is not a high school project, this is a big studio. They even took the roster page down to fix things and brought back up still with 29 characters. This, for me, is not good marketing. They probably know that most fans are going to be disappointed. Obviously they won't come out and say "hey. the leak is fake. we don't have secret characters", but why still play with it if it's not true? Meh, I don't like it.

Oh, and I don't think mk9, injustice 1, mkx and injustice 2 had different achievements in different platforms. It's still weird that steam has 90 and ps4 has 59. It's a HUGEEEE difference. And they don't even care that much about pc players - sorry, but it's true. Anyway, let's wait and see. I'm going mad reading all this stuff and not getting any answers. lol
And the lack of really hidden trophies on ps4 annoys me. The leaker also leaked days fgone's trophy list and it had multiple hidden trophies on the screenshots. MK11 had none.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Why are there still people questioning if this is legit or not?

Come on. It's real. Give it up, people.

Also....crossing my fingers that Mercy leads to either a Friendship or Babality.
if there was friendships/babalities wouldn't they have achievements for as well?

Oh, and I don't think mk9, injustice 1, mkx and injustice 2 had different achievements in different platforms. It's still weird that steam has 90 and ps4 has 59. It's a HUGEEEE difference. And they don't even care that much about pc players - sorry, but it's true. Anyway, let's wait and see. I'm going mad reading all this stuff and not getting any answers. lol
And the lack of really hidden trophies on ps4 annoys me. The leaker also leaked days fgone's trophy list and it had multiple hidden trophies on the screenshots. MK11 had none.
my theory is that these 31 ones are the hidden ones that haven't upload yet BUT some folks already said about the trophy list having a max points, so idk

my theory is that these 31 ones are the hidden ones that haven't upload yet BUT some folks already said about the trophy list having a max points, so idk
I hope so! Maybe they are being extra careful or we are being delusional. I think we have to wait and see. #goingcrazy

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
if there was friendships/babalities wouldn't they have achievements for as well?
Not necessarily.

If NRS truly wants to keep them a secret, they could do so. There were no achievements associated with Toasty Boosts in MK9 and it took nearly 2 years to discover their existence.

trufenix

bye felicia
lol, brainiac wasn't hidden in I2. He was revealed like, forever before. They even did a breakdown for him on Kombat Kast.