What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Story Mode Details and Approximate Duration Revealed

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
no fucking way this game has a 8 hours story mode .... on the 2 previous games (MK9 and MKX), they said and promoted the same shit "story mode have bla bla bla x hours ), and ended not happening .... kinda more like half of this, 4 hours maximum, counting gameplay time + cutscenes dialogues ..... they exagerate this, in order to promote the game, and thinking everyone is scrub level and will take 5 minutes to win each match inside the story mode !

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
no fucking way this game has a 8 hours story mode .... on the 2 previous games (MK9 and MKX), they said and promoted the same shit "story mode have bla bla bla x hours ), and ended not happening .... kinda more like half of this, 4 hours maximum, counting gameplay time + cutscenes dialogues ..... they exagerate this, in order to promote the game, and thinking everyone is scrub level and will take 5 minutes to win each match inside the story mode !
Well 90%+ of the people who are gonna buy MK11 are like that so they're not lying. That's the intended playtime for that mode, if you can beat it in less than that then good for you.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Multiple endings, my wet dream continues!

Fighting with the BAD GUYS in their very own chapters, oceanic wet dream trouble.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Honestly, just thinking about it, we cant even predict endings for the game in someways, just cause of how wonky time is.

There will always be positive and negative repercussions when changing something, no matter what.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
8 hours is fine, I think Injustice 2's was like 6 and half or 7. Felt long af honestly lol but was fun.

Will be fun to see Johnny get tired of himself lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My hope for seeing the old 3D story revisited dwindles further.

That being said, it still sounds all the way hype. Hope it beats MKX's, because that was a pretty underwhelming tale.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Am I the only one who hates INJ2 style multiple endings?

Just give me the god damn story. I want to know what happened. Not what I wanted to happen. This isn't Mass Effect, you're not planning on honoring my choices later on.

I'm OK with "choose your character for the chapter" stuff, because the broad strokes of the chapter remain very much the same. But multiple endings, that's a hard pass.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I would if it wasn't obvious that Superman winning is the only correct choice from a gameplay, and ethical and moral stand point.

As for this, no fucking way it takes 8 hours. I would sincerely love it but nawww. Dev's always massively overshoot how long these things take mostly cause longer = better from a marketing standpoint.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I think 8 hours includes different branching pathways
yes, i agree.
probably like inj2 where you can play black canary or green arrow and get a different enemy and cut scene

but even then 8 hours would be a HUGE feat for NRS

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Multiple endings? Nice!

So I guess it must be possible to fulfill Kronika's desire and make Shinnok the winner.

SubZeroIce

Runway
8 hours is hype! I'd really like that.

Kinda bummed it's a chapter-based story again but I hope we do get that rumored Adventure style Konquest mode

pure.Wasted

Some of the people who recently went to NRS played the story. There's a couple of gaming websites detailing that.
Do u have links? I'd like to read that
Max talked about it on stream.

I'm sure none of them are providing details, because they're under NDA. But Max mentioned that he saw Jacqui in story mode. Combined with everything else we've seen, it leads me to suspect that chapter 1 is S-F invading the Netherrealm.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu

pure.Wasted

Oh, shit, thanks.

@Lord Greyjoy

Looks like we were right about Cassie having chapter 1.

The article's slant is pretty dumb, he's getting tired of by far the best story mode format in the industry? If you want a focus on gameplay, go play the gameplay-oriented modes. That option exists. That option is not the story mode. The story mode is there for, surprise, the story.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Just give me the god damn story. I want to know what happened. Not what I wanted to happen. This isn't Mass Effect, you're not planning on honoring my choices later on.

I'm OK with "choose your character for the chapter" stuff, because the broad strokes of the chapter remain very much the same. But multiple endings, that's a hard pass.
Ehh I think it’s fun, I’m pretty sure Batman’s ending was canon, they will surely have a real one