What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat League (Rant)

Blade4693

VIVIVI
That happened to to me on multiple occasions. Twice that I can think of that I was on the Verge of Demigod hood and was pitted against 2 champions that were rocking prepatched erron black. I was SUPER salty
Me too. Two days in a row now. Honestly I should just not bother and move on to another game I have been itching to play but my OCD won't let me until I get to at least demi god lol

NRS has a huge part of the playerbase by the balls by locking exclusive skins to this mode. No matter how unfun and rage inducing it can be with those BS matches a lot of us just deal with it because we want the goods lol

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Me too. Two days in a row now. Honestly I should just not bother and move on to another game I have been itching to play but my OCD won't let me until I get to at least demi god lol

NRS has a huge part of the playerbase by the balls by locking exclusive skins to this mode. No matter how unfun and rage inducing it can be with those BS matches a lot of us just deal with it because we want the goods lol

Yeah I never actually cared about KL until I saw Cassie's skin in the top bracket. I was like.... shhiiiiiiiiitttttt :mad: lol

Regardless my gripes are the 140-150 ping matches (that are much higher in-game) you are FORCED to sit through and the 100 point demotions while you stand to gain 20.

Actually no scratch that the recurring game crashes are a third gripe, the fact that I lose points because your game shat itself in these awful laggy matches it forced on me is absolutely unfair.

Fix your shit NRS

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Why do you hate it? I mean I don't disagree lol
the connections are almost always bad, match making feels random, the skins aren't appealing enough to me, same characters on the league all the time, league happening all the time. Some are so worried about points so they dodge fights all the time, I don't blame them, imagine losing to a guy who just are started the league now and you both matched in KL, LMAO, anyone in his right mind will dodge that fight

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
It's the point loss to late starters. They should take the record into account and not just the rank.

Lets say I've been playing for a while, doing pretty good, win maybe 6 or 7 and lose 1 or 2. Then bam lose 2 in a row 100 points and 80 points and all my playing for the night was basically undone.
Yeah or worse... you're on that steak and for some reason get disconnected...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hey Guys,

Not trying to spread any negativity but I really need to get this out there because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. My Rant is aimed towards 3 different aspects of Kombat League that I ABSOLUTELY hate. Now before I get into it, I want to give you a little background on my life so you can see why I hate these features so much. I'm a 27 year old guy that has 2 jobs, works roughly 70+ hours a week AND consistently go to the gym as I feel taking care of your body is EXTREMELY important to living a long, healthy life. So game time to me is basically Friday and IF I GET LUCKY, Saturday and Sunday nights. This time is precious to me as I basically have a limited amount of time to choose what games I want to play. Now I gravitate toward MK11 because it's the newest competitive fighter. With that being said, heres my rant.

First, the match-up system. Now the hierarchy of the ranks is hella simple. However, we are at a point in this game where most of the people playing Kombat League are decent to high level players. This becomes obnoxious when you start playing people 1 to 2 ranks below you who are good and are put in a no risk, high reward MU vs you which leads me into my next issue.

The point system. The point system is hella inconsistent. How is it that I can play someone the same rank as me and some times get only 40 points if I win, and other times get 60 (while I have a 0 game win streak...). Then I consistently get pitted against people who are 1 to 2 ranks lower then me, have a high percentage chance of beating me (according to the win/loss percentage), then beat me and I lose 100-150 points and if i win, I get like 10-20 points...

My final issue is the point decay. Kombat League seasons last 30 days. So I can only play realistically 4 days of that if I can't get on during Saturdays and sundays and I have a life so I'm not devoting every Friday to games. With that being said, the point decay is HELLA unfair because of all the above I just mentioned. I was literally 125 points away from a Demigod, couldn't play for a week (I work in the hospital system so hours are wacky) and came back to see that I lost 200 points. Played 2 games vs 2 masters, barely lost twice now I lost another 300 points...

Like I'm sorry, but does NRS think people have no lives? I literally wake up, get ready for work, leave for work, work, then leave work to go to the gym and go home and go to bed. Rinse and repeat the whole week.

Not going to lie, this has me HELLA heated.

What are your thoughts?
Believe it or not, I agree and feel the same way. Who'da thunk.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I know I do I'm not waiting for the teabagging and fatalities, but I meant pressing the eject button and karate kicking the actual disk lol. Maybe take it to Gamestop for a Trade-ality
Nothing like some serious toxicity in Kombat League lmao not gonna lie, I always Fatality Cetrion players. My sodium levels build to ungodly heights, even the elder gods feel my fuming presence

ryublaze

Noob
I agree. Kombat League is a good start, but could definitely use some improvements.

1. Needs better rewards. It only rewards specific character skins/gear so if you don't play that character then there isn't a reason to get to that rank. Rewards need to be universal, otherwise you're limiting them to only a small percentage of your playerbase. Borders also need to carry over for each season.

2. There needs to be an overall ranking (there probably already is but it just isn't shown) and/or a Kombat League finals to give an incentive to grind each season. It seems kind of pointless having to rank up each season only to have it reset back to zero. It would be pretty cool if say the top 4 of each season qualify for a Kombat League finals tournament.

3. Higher ranks should be seeded for the next season. Again, having your rank completely reset sucks. It also creates the issue of lower-leveled players running into good players from the start.

4. Minimum ping needs to be around 120ms in order for you to decline. 150ms is way too high. The average ping for a good connection is 80ms, which is almost HALF as much as the minimum declined ping. The ping first shown sometimes is incorrect and can jump up by 30ms.

5. Wifi connections and overseas connections should be able to be declined or filtered. I know some people cannot play on wired connections, but players also shouldn't be forced to play against bad connections. Having a filter would allow you to avoid these connections, while also giving wifi players the option to play against each other. They could also implement region-based leaderboards if they make it region-locked.

7. Point decay, while I don't think it's terrible, could be reworked to only losing points once a week, or removed altogether. I'm not a fan of punishing players for not playing. If you want to give players incentive to keep playing then give better rewards or perhaps set a time limit on when you can get specific rewards.

8. Like someone else said earlier, points system could be reworked. You get more points for winning than the amount of points you lose for losing. Players can grind as much matches as they can and rank up fairly easily. If the points were more even, there'd be more emphasis on quality of matches than quantity. It also sucks to potentially lose 100 points only to win 20.

Last edited: