What's new

Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath - Launch Trailer

Comments

The music made my ears bleed, and didn't match the trailer at all. Other than that (and Sindel possibly being evil), it was a nice trailer.

I wonder if the part with Liu Kang showing up to stop Shang Tsung is a sort of cliffhanger at the end. Like, Shang will interrupt Liu in the beginning of Aftermath, then at the very end when Shang is using the crown, Liu will pop in the same way and try to stop him. Regardless, I'm interested.

I don't really care if it's rap/hiphop or otherwise. I just don't think the music they've used for some of the trailers were good. But they're just trailers and the music isn't in the game, so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

yeah... who exactly is it that has been picking all this rap stuff from MKx days? It has liturally never EVER worked.. and, as far as my circle of people goes, universally hatred. I mean.. anyone remember the fuckign Mumble Rap trailer for MK11? I mean who did that.. fire them immediately.
Imaging fire someone who have different taste of music.

This thread has taken up 3 pages because they used Kendrick Lamar for the gameplay trailer?? Lol some of yall really need to get over it, this is the problem when you got 35+ year old MK fans who complain about every little thing NRS does because it’s not ‘retro’ unfortunately this game appeals to a younger audience so using Lamars music in the trailer is a smart move in my opinion. I beg you please go take care of your kids cause I’m sick of hearing them in the background when I’m smacking yall on KOTH buh bye

I wonder if the part with Liu Kang showing up to stop Shang Tsung is a sort of cliffhanger at the end. Like, Shang will interrupt Liu in the beginning of Aftermath, then at the very end when Shang is using the crown, Liu will pop in the same way and try to stop him. Regardless, I'm interested.
And that's young Shang Tsung!

I don't think there's gonna be a cliffhanger. I don't think there are more story expansions after this.

Lol that music was laughably bad, are you serious?

If that Kendrick guy is the best you've got right now, I feel very sorry for Rap as a a genre that it's degraded to such terrible quality.
Lmao. Stay bitter but Kendrick's impact on rap culture and black culture is evident and very clear. I don't even have to listen to his music consistently to know the impact he's had on the genre recently. Just admit you're maaaaaaaad. There's a reason why he's literally on everyone's top 5's.

But that's gucci. I'mma mute you and go about my day cuz we're not dealing with boomers with bad taste on this here day.

This thread has taken up 3 pages because they used Kendrick Lamar for the gameplay trailer?? Lol some of yall really need to get over it, this is the problem when you got 35+ year old MK fans who complain about every little thing NRS does because it’s not ‘retro’ unfortunately this game appeals to a younger audience so using Lamars music in the trailer is a smart move in my opinion. I beg you please go take care of your kids cause I’m sick of hearing them in the background when I’m smacking yall on KOTH buh bye
Not a single lie told. Y'all gotta realize you're not in the majority when it comes to this rap hate. Hell, there are people in the comments of the YouTube trailer saying "Finally this song is used in a video game trailer."

These rap artists have bigger fanbases than any artist you'd pick to put in this game trailer and I'd be willing to bet that. And that's what NRS wants. To please the MAJORITY.

It's not 1992 anymore. Goodnight.

Apparently I'm mad and bitter but you're the one pushing the mute button over my opinion, lol.

Nothing will stop NRS from appealing to the young blood, from adema to skrillex to whatshisface from MKX reveal trailer and the mumbler in mk11 reveal, but nothing is gonna stop someone trashing it online, especially when it sucks.

As for the trailer you know what's hilarious, I completely forgot the revenants were in the plot

Last edited:
I mean.. anyone remember the fuckign Mumble Rap trailer for MK11? I mean who did that.. fire them immediately!
Imaging fire someone who have different taste of music.
imagine being so ridiculous you can not separate a tongue in cheek comment designed for amusement over a comment with serious intent. Stay outraged!

this is the problem when you got 35+ year old MK fans
35! Ha.. you under estimate the age of this scene. There are people on this site pushing 60. : )

I only wish that there is a part of the story wher it's explained why Shang is using all ninja's powers. Then he will explode beaten by whoever (Robocop or Arnie probably) and we will have playable Rain, Smoke, Ermac and Reptile in KP3 which is coming soon. In 2054. For 300$

imagine being so ridiculous you can not separate a tongue in cheek comment designed for amusement over a comment with serious intent. Stay outraged!

35! Ha.. you under estimate the age of this scene. There are people on this site pushing 60. : )
Stay outrage said the guy who mad about trailer music.

Last edited:
"Emo Screamo", heh.

I think they have planned another story expansion, but are going to see how this one sells. They are going for a 3 act structure within a 3 act structure. Makes sense to close out this specific story arc like that.

us 35+ year olds are kinda what made the franchise. If we weren't playing the game way back in the mid-90s in these things called arcades for an entire year before the exact same watered down home version came out the franchise would not exist. Just sayin. Also...the song does not really go with the trailer at all. It really is no disrespect IMO to the skill of rap music.

us 35+ year olds are kinda what made the franchise. If we weren't playing the game way back in the mid-90s in these things called arcades for an entire year before the exact same watered down home version came out the franchise would not exist. Just sayin. Also...the song does not really go with the trailer at all. It really is no disrespect IMO to the skill of rap music.
Well congrats on that I really do appreciate that you’ve been part of this ‘franchise’ for so long however the majority of u oldies resist change and like to Insult NRS because they like to keep with the current trend, you cant blame them for wanting to attract different audiences if they hadn’t done so this games production wouldn’t be half as decent as it is now so just keep that in mind when you’re all taking shots at the company for going about things a certain way because it’s just business at the end of the day okur

I mean... I would have rather had a hype ass, original orchestrated piece, but whatever. I guess that makes me a “boomer.” Honestly, such a stupid phrase, lol.

If they really wanted to get people hyped up for Aftermath they would’ve just used a new, remixed version of Techno Syndrome.