What's new

Mortal Kombat 10 -what would you like to see?

low_kix

Noob
This didn't seem to fit in any of the forums, but I figured this was the best choice, and I'm really curious about everyone opinions.

Anyway, I was just wondering, with this complete overhaul of MK, where could they go after this??

One feature I wouldn't mind seeing return is multiple fight styles per character. That would add a whole new diminsion to a fighter like this, as opposed to being more of a fun gimmick

Unlike capcom, who continually try to perfect their formula, the mk guys are always looking for new things to try, however I just don't see them abondoning much in this game. What are your thoughts??

"I am vengeance, I am the night..."

I don't think mk 10 should have multiple fighting styles but dey definitly can make the online better and add online tourney mode dat would b coo

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

low_kix

Noob
Ha, yea online def. But I'm pretty sure that'll be fixed this go round.

Yknow as far as characters go, there's more that I DON'T wanna see than there are characters I do, haha. I hope the new characters this time are more memorable

low_kix

Noob
MKvDCU had a cool feature where you could link specials together. Scorpion could link two teleport punches, sub zero could link a slide to a teleport (can you imagine if he had a teleport in MK9!)

I would like to see this feature return. It took fairly strict timing, and I could see it as a move that cost 1 meter

Briyen

Noob
Yeah small touches would be nice a few new moves but I'd rather they refine the formula and keep their basic moveset and combos, I don't want to learn sub0 all over again, I want to increase my skill with his newtools

Or at least have both versions mk9 and mk10 fighting style you can chose before matches, that's be awesome for tourneys

New characters. Better enhanced moves (some characters have really useless ones). Better wake up attacks and reversal options. Better mid-range pokes for characters (not sure I like footsies in MK9. UMK3 had better footsies imo). Make sweeps faster and actually useful (do untechable knockdowns).

Switch stance as an evasion tool? Kind of like backdashing I dunno, maybe it could be used to avoid or counter/parry certain attacks. Just in general, I think stance button could potentially add something to the gameplay.

More importantly: Better girl faces. Bigger boobs and improved boob physics. :)

tehm

Noob
In our dreams what would we want to change for 10?

Remove the current parries (csz, smokes, etc) as "moves" and instead implement a universal guard impact/parry system that incorporates individualized affects for each character.

Examples:

• Smoke could smoke through them for good frame advantage and better positioning
  • Sub Zero could cover them in frost and slow them down for a couple of seconds
  • Reptile could enter "invisible" state as if he'd used the move directly and let the parried attack go through him giving some small frame advantage...
Obviously these are completely off the top of my head and there are almost certainly better ideas out there for them but you get the idea... No "counters aren't fast enough to actually counter most attacks, you have to Psychic them out". Just a basic parry system that happened to incorporate character specific details into it to both add flavor and depth to matchups.

low_kix

Noob
I could see that parry idea happening, and I def agree that back step would be better than the pointless stance switch

I bet x rays won't return. I'm thinking its gonna be some other kind of special move. Id like to see crazy versions of the specific characters special moves, a la street fighter.

And what about a run button? Here me out.... each character has a start up time before going into full run, and it varies for each character. Id be a great alternative to every character teleporting and add a new dynamic to the game. While running you can't block, but you can do dive attacks, tackles, or a cancel

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Isn't this a bit... early? The game has been out for one month and we're talking about a sequel?

At this point, after the great story mode, I wouldn't mind playing one even better if they can one up this one.

low_kix

Noob
Yes, its def early, haha

I'm not saying I want it NOW but I was just thinking of how things in MK games must start out with some dudes thinking up the most wicked shit imaginable, and then trying to make it work

"What if we made a fighting game where you could just brutally kill your opponent if you win?" Fatality, boom

"What if the boss could change into any character?" Shang Tsung, boom

"What if you could see their insides like that Jet Li movie?" X Ray moves, boom

...anyway I wanted to see what ideas we had like that. It kinda leaned more towards the technical/patch adjustment side tho, haha

I love MK 9, I think it'll have a long lifespan

Would like to see a continuation of this game, MK9. Maybe with small changes here and there. The parry idea is great, more attention to the EX moves as stated great, multiple fighting stances no thanks.

I love love love this game and would hate for them to stray from what they have now.

Zebster

How's my volume?
"noobde noobde
RT @McCarron @noobde Save some characters for the sequel please ;) Noobde: Who said anything about a sequel?"
Oh man, Ed straight up trolling or really serious about supporting this game for a long time.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Uhm, why would you guys want a sequel? MK9 isn't even finalized yet, hell...SSF4 STILL isn't finalized and that's coming onto their 3rd installment of the game.

Eight

I am the salt
I think a prequel would be awesome.

See some of the other MK fighters throughout the tournament's history.

I love me some history.

low_kix

Noob
I think a prequel would be awesome.

See some of the other MK fighters throughout the tournament's history.

I love me some history.
Damn that would be cool. I always wanted to play as the great kung lao...

Possible sequel characters:

Goro
Great Kung Lao
Shang Tsung
Scorpion (alive)
Raiden
Grandmaster

That'd be sweet

low_kix

Noob
I have two big ones-

I love the battle damage in the last two games, but it can go one step further. Instead of only increasingly getting worse as you take damage, x rays moves or the equivelant should leave an impact. Ex, after barakas xray, you're missing an eye

The other is something that has bothered me for a long time- when an opponent is defeated, why do they finish the regular reaction animation and then fall stiff as a board??? It looks goofy as hell!

I'd like to get rid of the stance change and add a dodge roll, I would like it a lot better to be able to dodge roll a fireball instead of having to dash block, take the chip, or jump and get anti aired.

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
I would personally like to see a almost flawless online mode, obviously, I think everyone wants that. I would also like them to bring back a kak option. If they were to put alot of effort and testing into kaks, it would be fun.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Multiple styles, weapons, 3d dimensions is all waste of time and labor. Not to mention that it makes the game look stupid and unattractive. They got the right formula with this game and whatever they do, they better keep the core of this game...The only thing I wanna see in MK10 is just an improved version of this game.(I like this game a lot tho)

P.S. TheOrochi, that thing with the chip and jump, thats a concept from the early MK games and thats something that makes this game different. Players (especially the new comers to MK) should learn how to live with stuff like that.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
i want some chameleon, and different animation for each of the characters normals, for example every one should have a different style/look to there upper cut, and jump kick etc etc

Multiple styles, weapons, 3d dimensions is all waste of time and labor. Not to mention that it makes the game look stupid and unattractive. They got the right formula with this game and whatever they do, they better keep the core of this game...The only thing I wanna see in MK10 is just an improved version of this game.(I like this game a lot tho)

P.S. TheOrochi, that thing with the chip and jump, thats a concept from the early MK games and thats something that makes this game different. Players (especially the new comers to MK) should learn how to live with stuff like that.
I'm well aware but think about if it was still '95 and someone suggested for MK4 (should it be 2D) to add something like the breaker, would you say that people should just deal with being juggled because that's just how MK is?

The roll wouldn't or shouldn't be a spammable ability. It'd be on a cooldown. If I had to design it, you'd still be required to dash block but you'd get the option to Roll>Dash>Block>Dash>Block>Roll (two dash blocks - with the amount of time you end up standing there blocking between each roll) It would also serve as an ability for zoning characters with no tps to get out of the corner.

Eight

I am the salt
I have two big ones-

I love the battle damage in the last two games, but it can go one step further. Instead of only increasingly getting worse as you take damage, x rays moves or the equivelant should leave an impact. Ex, after barakas xray, you're missing an eye

The other is something that has bothered me for a long time- when an opponent is defeated, why do they finish the regular reaction animation and then fall stiff as a board??? It looks goofy as hell!

1. Because if the x-rays actually impaired gameplay in some way, they would all have to balanced so that no one characters would be severly over or underpowered. For example- Liu Kang's x-ray vs kitanas. All liu inflicts is a broken jaw. Kitana destroys both of your eyeballs and most of your skull. If that affected combat accordingly, you'd be relatively fine after liu kang's but completely unable to fight after kitana's.

2. Throwback to the old MK games :). And presumably the opponent is already unconcious/dead as they're still standing up, so they'd just fall right over instead of flailing around as they go down.

All liu inflicts is a broken jaw. If that affected combat accordingly, you'd be relatively fine after liu kang's.
Had to take that out of context, was a funny image in my head that you would be fine after any of the x-rays in the game :D

MK10, I'd like to see 2 options for x-rays for every character, much like SSF4