What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Tanya face model found - Sydney Cross

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
i love that she gets a cultural skin as she needs much more recognition and appreciation, which helps a lot when i think of the fact that i want her to have more appearances in the future. however, i definitely want her to retain her original characteristics as the majority of the roster does. which is why i think her default costume needs her og hair and eyes. in addition, many agree that the hair and the eyes need to change.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Did Tanya in MK4 have the 'OG' eyes though? I can't remember her eyes being bright white. Didn't that happen with Deception?
She had normal eyes in MK4. I miss crazy eyes on characters, like Noob's classic skin in Mk9 having glowing purple eyes, and the revenants in MKX having glowing red eyes (that they massively toned down in MK11).

JGillette

Did Tanya in MK4 have the 'OG' eyes though? I can't remember her eyes being bright white. Didn't that happen with Deception?
no she didn’t but since deception it has become one of her characteristics and carried on ever since till now. as to mk4, i bet you could never imagine her having mk1 hair with her mk4 leotard.

JGillette

So that design isn't OG Tanya and the makers of the game are takimg inspiration from the actual OG Tanya? Okay that makes sense now.
well you are taking my words out of context to make yourself appear to have a valid opinion, so i am not taking you seriously. now you can keep talking to yourself.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
well you are taking my words out of context to make yourself appear to have a valid opinion
My opinion is valid though, while your opinion is founded on an inaccurate assessment. You said

i definitely want her to retain her original characteristics as the majority of the roster does. which is why i think her default costume needs her og hair and eyes.
And then I pointed out that this isn't actually the case at all.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
Who would have thought a video game character mid-convo with video gamey facial rigging would be pretty! I'm late to the party here but it still makes me so angry the reactions to her face because she just looks like a regular person to me. Both the character and the actual model are gorgeous, I was legitimately so worried people would mass send her hate once she was found.

Since there's not really a Tanya dedicated thread yet, I'll say it here... I'm very curious to see how she'll play at a higher level. I think her new weapon and powerset are really cool. I gotta know how they repurposed her teleport.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Who would have thought a video game character mid-convo with video gamey facial rigging would be pretty! I'm late to the party here but it still makes me so angry the reactions to her face because she just looks like a regular person to me. Both the character and the actual model are gorgeous, I was legitimately so worried people would mass send her hate once she was found.

Since there's not really a Tanya dedicated thread yet, I'll say it here... I'm very curious to see how she'll play at a higher level. I think her new weapon and powerset are really cool. I gotta know how they repurposed her teleport.
Have you seen any gameplay footage yet?
she has the majority of her classic moves.
corkscrew drill, pyromancer fireball (ground and air versions) teleport, 3 quarter staff toss (ground and air)

Last edited:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
She is gorgeous. Some of the stills are just strange just like some vidz. Alot of us just love the glowing eyes Deception/MKX look. Which could still be skins. Let us pray! Besides the trailer we saw showed her eyes glowing. So with shaders/alt colors she may have white eyes. Either way ... love Tanya. All of my females made it! All of my men did too. hehe.

JGillette

all i need is many skin options with much better hairstyles and i’ll be satisfied

cfw

Toys can't save you!
Have you seen any gameplay footage yet?
she has the majority of her classic moves.
corkscrew drill, pyromancer fireball (ground and air versions) teleport, 3 quarter staff toss (ground and air)
Yeah I've seen it and I'm very happy, wish the person who was playing cared enough to actually see what she could do tho.
I was surprised to find out she still had her fireballs I wasn't expecting that. With the staff her range seems like it'll be pretty nice along with the new stuff she got. I hope she'll be covered in this weeks kombat kast cuz waiting has been extremely unbearable!

StormGoddess

Yeah I've seen it and I'm very happy, wish the person who was playing cared enough to actually see what she could do tho.
I was surprised to find out she still had her fireballs I wasn't expecting that. With the staff her range seems like it'll be pretty nice along with the new stuff she got. I hope she'll be covered in this weeks kombat kast cuz waiting has been extremely unbearable!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I hate the fact they removed the iconic split, but I respect the new spinning splits kick special enough to be ok with it, I think it looks creative and awesome looking. I was not feeling her energy that much in the trailer, but yesterday watching the stream I was like... speechless, my god her intro and select screen animations look SO good and impactful, her VFX are beautiful in those too, I love everything about her and can't wait to play my favorite girl, couldn't be happier about what I already see and what is yet to come through her skins and gears s2

StormGoddess

Does she sit on the staff in any of these?
As far as I know, her 3 quarterstaff doesn't function like the naginata or Jade's staff. In my opinion, it resembles Nunchucks. She is a complex character and is a stance fighter. She has excellent range and a variety of moves to stun, pop up, or combo with the opponent.
Her pyromancer fireball (both air and ground version) crumbles the opponent when enhanced.
Her split kicks can be done both in the air and grounded.
She has a "power-up" state (glowing eyes)
The spinning "staff" jade-like move is a string.
She has a kick that launches and moves which causes a ground bounce.
Some of her buttons have an insane range but are slow.
Her stance gives her new moves (like her teleport)
The guy playing her didn't get into much he just learned a string and wanted to do a combo with her.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
How could they do a worse job w/ face modeling in this game compared to MK11? I thought like 2/3 of the roster was just purely artist-created, including Tanya.

MK11 faces looked real. Most of MK1's are... :eek: