What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Post-Release General Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait, did i miss something?

Netcode is exactly the same as it was in MK11 and MK XL before that. Its not optimized for the changes in the game mechanics etc... coz rushed but in essence it's the same.
It's been years since I played MK11, so if it was like this then I guess that was bad too. Coming from playing some GGST, then a bazillion games of KOF15 and SF6, this is just really starting to get to me now. Sometimes the delay is so bad it makes crap like Frost Slide a 50/50. Doesn't make any sense. I question if this is even real GGPO, or if it's that "Tekken 7" or "Sf5" bootleg version. The only time you actually get good connections is with someone you know that also has a wired and strong connection, or occasionally a random that does. Most other matches play like garbage, and even more annoying because it's been literally years since I had to play netplay this bad.

/Rant

omni man and tremor will enter early access on nov 6th according to an MS store leak.

cant wait for a new kameo, im really having a secondary crisis.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Have they actually said when the hell this Halloween fatality will appear in the store and how much it will be?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think this is a bit misleading.

MK11 was a last-gen game that game out 6 years after release of the PS4.
MK1 is a current-gen game that's less than 3 years away from PS5 launch.

Obviously if they released MK1 on PS4/XB1, the numbers would be higher, as not as many people have PS5's, but the quality would suffer. Not to mention that the tweet says that sales of all games are down, which is probably due to inflation and the economic hole that the world is in right now.

And they waited to take this Steam screenshot until the week that Mortal Kombat 11 went on sale for $4.99. So that part is self-explanatory.

subzert

Frozen Soul
If they continue these crappy premier shop skins and fatalities without first providing a fun way to earn dragon crystals in game at a acceptable rate then I am done with supporting with pre-ordering future MK games. MK being my most favourite game series of all time, this has hurt me.

yeah wait for 2026....

on another note,im not that excited to give them more money,they have been greedy as fuck and monetised the fuck out of a full priced content deprived game(and the contebt that was there on disk day one was witheld and is now sold as pseudo dlc in the premium store for real cash).

you used to pay for them game and then only dlc characters,that was fine,now you have to pay for everything at ridiculouse prices.

One of my gripes with this game is the lack of wake up options.
Whereas before you could use an armored move, delay, roll back or roll forward....now you only have two options. Which means that some characters can essentially guarantee an advantage on wake up.

Case in point, Scorpion's DB2. Unless there is a way out of it and I dont know, but you essentially can't wake up armor because of the multi hits and the delay isnt long enough to whiff punish the move. So you are forced to take the chip (and with Cyrax it becomes insanely cheap). The pushback also makes it hard to punish.

Obviously this doesnt make Scorpion top tier or anything but the fact that all wake up options are nullified highlights how lack luster the options are. Like just give me a roll forward.
The top tier all have one major thing in common, you cant wake up against them. Raiden Cage and Kenshi have that oppressive braindead oki and keep you down

Remember when Skin packs were $5
Remember when free skins came with every dlc character update
Funny, for a few years (about 2007-2011) I used to rant constantly about the horrible practice that was DLC, and the ridiculous costs there-of. I had a reputation for being the anti-DLC guy on the Xbox forums.

I kept telling everyone if they kept supporting this stuff, it would only get worse. I predicted incomplete games at launch, content held back/locked on-disc, gambling items (i.e. loot boxes), etc.

Everyone called me a fool, and look at where we are now.

The only thing I predicted that didn't come true was paid mandatory patches (that did occur in certain professional software services, though).

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Character Specific Adjustments

• Ashrah - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with Ascension outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Geras - Double Time attacks will no longer sometimes not work correctly with certain changes with Kontrols
  • Geras - Fixed visual issue that could occur when using Fixed Point while Sub-Zero's Arctic Armor is active
  • Havik - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with final hit of Helping Hand outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Johnny Cage - Reduced base health value to 650 (from 700)
  • Johnny Cage - Sky Die (Up + Front Punch) is now able to be parried by Johnny Cage's Fatal Blow
  • Kenshi - Fixed issue which was preventing forward throws using Kameo from executing while Ancestor is active
  • Kenshi - Enhanced Demon Drop can now be Up Blocked
  • Kung Lao - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with Soaring Monk outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Kung Lao - Fixed visual issue with his hat returning with no visual effects in certain circumstances
  • Mileena - Adjusted auto-facing of Enhanced Roll follow-up attack
  • Mileena - Fixed rare issue with Teleport Down when used against a cornered opponent that could cause players to be outside the arena for a short time
  • Nitara - Fixed hitting an airborne opponent with Flying Kolors (Back Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch) outside of a combo causing the opponent to appear at an incorrect location in the air
  • Nitara - Fixed visual issue with wings animation being incorrect when a throw escape occurs
  • Rain - Holding Rain God now allows for additional diagonal Up directions
  • Rain - Fixed rare issue with Water Gate Teleport not moving to correct location when cancelled from attacks in certain circumstances
  • Rain - Fixed visual issue that could cause jittering animation when landing from Overkast (Jump + Back Punch, Back Kick) or Drownpour (Jump + Back Punch, Back Kick, Front Kick)
  • Rain - Fixed AI being unable to use Water Gate portals
  • Reptile - Fixed issue that could cause Dash Attack to sometimes be throw immune when blocked
  • Shang Tsung - Fixed being able to slightly extend opponent morph duration by ducking without inputting any actions
  • Shang Tsung - Fixed Enhanced Inspire while morphed into Sindel not triggering Breaker Denied when the opponent attempts a Breaker
  • Sindel - Fixed Enhanced Queen's Command not preventing opponent from performing Fatal Blow after it has hit
  • Sindel - Fixed issue with lingering visual effects if Inspire is performed as Shang Tsung morphed into Sindel
  • Smoke - Fixed being able to cancel Tele-Stab (Back + Back Punch) after it is Up Blocked
  • Smoke - Fixed visual issue with opponent's animation when they are defeated by Fatal Blow
  • Smoke - Fixed visual issue during the startup of Smoke-Port
  • Cyrax (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Self-Destruct to 3 seconds (from 6)
  • Frost (Kameo) - Fixed issue which could cause an opponent to clip through the ground if hit while frozen from Ice Karpet at specific timing
  • Goro (Kameo) - Fixed rare issue with Shokan Stomp that could prevent a player from performing some special cancels with specific timing
  • Jax (Kameo) - Fixed rare situations where Ground Pound was not considering the opponent to be in a reaction
  • Motaro (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Reflect to 3 seconds (from 6)
  • Motaro (Kameo) - Fixed issue with interrupting Charge! Fatal Blow which could cause the background visual effects to linger
  • Sareena (Kameo) - Fixed issue that could prevent brutalities from being performed in a Kombo after defeating the opponent with Kia's Blades
  • Scorpion (Kameo) - Fixed rare bug that could cause Get Over Here to pass through the Fighter if they are hit at a specific timing
  • Sektor (Kameo) - Fixed rare issue with Activate Homing that could prevent a player from performing some special cancels with specific timing
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Meditate to 3 seconds (from 6)
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed using Reiko's Retaliation as a special cancel after Apep Punch or Konquest Kick not being able to Parry
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed issues with Mimic & Kopy Kat Invisibility lingering into cinematics
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed visual issue causing claws to appear clipping through the ground when performing Kopy Kat against Shang Tsung
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed AI being unable to use several stolen moves