What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Post-Release General Discussion Thread

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The smaller base roster is obviously because of kameos, which I see myself switching way more often than variations or custom moves. I’m ok with less customization in general but I do want more skins. Way way way more skins, I’m surprised outside of the seasonal edgelord Scorpion skin (which I like), there’s no more traditional looking ninja skins for the Lin Kuei, or for the girls? I’d love to see long hair MK9 Smoke, MK9 Sub, and MKX Sub.

Benlo

PrayforSareena

Honeymoon period seems to be over quick. Glad to see people realizing just how downgraded customization in every way is compared to MK11.
I can agree on some points (no krossplay, 22 characters,...) but let's be honest, people were mad about MK11 customization with many redundant and look-alike gears, gears not even visible or used during the fight (Kitana sai, Skarlet's blood vial,...) and there were 6 skins, with many colour swap people were hating.

So maybe we have only 3 for the moment in MK1 (are we at 100% sure about that ?), but there will be new skins every new season of invasion. Kombat League skins in MK11 were just recolors (and not really good).

I'm not defending NRS, but they probably started MK1 development under Covid-19 era and WB got some problems for many years now.

Does MK1 looks unfinished on some points ? Maybe. But let's not forget how MK11 was frustrating for many people to unlock content.

I dont' know, maybe I find it less frustrating to not have all the content visible and locked with the "????", "Found in the krypt", "found in Towers of time" as it was in MK11.

What I admit to regret is the intro/outros customization. But I guess it's because of the kameo entry/ win pose.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I got it in Invasions, from a boss battle in Johnny’s Mansion (the first Mesa). I think it was a part of a collection of rewards with concept art.
Thanks for the info, I havnt played invasion yet! I’ll check it out as I think that was a story mode Unlock etc

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Update on the pc version, devs have acknowledged the issues with the current pc version and are investigating the issues.

the recommended that your gpu drivers are up to date and to set your monitors to 60fps…you can also cap mk1 to 60 fps with your gpus software.

from the devs here:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I had my first night of competitive matches with respectful players the whole night.

I did get one angry DM. But considering we were in KL, that's to be expected. I got 4 people added and found a good Ashrah and General Kahn to practice against.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Hey, could anyone confirm to me if Shang+Shujinko get to have 2 Sentos onscreen when fighting Kenshi? I just thought about it and that would be wild.

Skybox

Noob
Who's a good hit and run style character, that doesn't rely on combos heavy mixups, but still fast?
(Good walk speed and buttons)

Smoke feels too predictable and execution heavy
Reptile and scorp (Sadly) feel incredibly slow, button wise. They can't compete against mileena or raiden if they got up close

molambo

(X ౪ X )
Since you talk about accessibility... :DOGE

Join Tyler Lansdown, Rich Carle, and Jordan Hedges as they discuss new, cutting-edge accessibility features in Mortal Kombat 1.

I come across another three Raidens before this one and lost every game. I'm trying to learn Shao, so it's all a part of the process. But I finally get one and they start going off on their mic (I have in game chat muted for this reason) and they leave like this.

I sincerely hope people like this drop the game soon. In the almost two weeks since the games release, I've had more one and dones, rage-quits and general saltiness in MK than I have in the entirety of Street Fighter 6's life so far.

Ironic that other people's salt makes me somewhat salty, but I hope people can relate lol

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
View attachment 21059

I come across another three Raidens before this one and lost every game. I'm trying to learn Shao, so it's all a part of the process. But I finally get one and they start going off on their mic (I have in game chat muted for this reason) and they leave like this.

I sincerely hope people like this drop the game soon. In the almost two weeks since the games release, I've had more one and dones, rage-quits and general saltiness in MK than I have in the entirety of Street Fighter 6's life so far.

Ironic that other people's salt makes me somewhat salty, but I hope people can relate lol
Have u been playing havik? I think he does well vs raiden and if you use sub u nullify the inevitable sareena kameo, you can at least force them to access the dusty dry brain they havent used since release

Have u been playing havik? I think he does well vs raiden and if you use sub u nullify the inevitable sareena kameo, you can at least force them to access the dusty dry brain they havent used since release
Not so much the last few days but, yeah, it generally is easier to deal with when I do. That wasn't entirely the point I was trying to make, though. I'm already fed up with people like this who end up just wasting everyone's time.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?

I wonder if we’ll ever know why they even bothered with a Switch version. Seems when stuff like this happens it’s almost impossible to not blame the suits (WB Games in this case), but apparently Nintendo was campaigning pretty heavily to get the game too. It reminds me of how, IIRC there were supposed to be 7th gen versions of MKX too but they were basically scrapped at the 11th hour. The same should’ve happened here. Hell, even the PS4/XONE would’ve faired better and seen a higher return.

Another thing is, while Ed has commented on being committed to fixing the Switch version, hopefully that doesn’t mean a delay in the QoL improvements that many have commented on for the versions that are worth playing.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
View attachment 21059

Raiden players rage quit the most, iv noticed that for sure. And it does frustrate me when they get salty. I had a guy murder me 2-0 because Raiden hits like a train and the guy was playing like a lunatic so he genuinely caught me off guard, so good on him. I came back 3-0 and barely won each game mind you, it was sweaty af and I was mostly just punishing wakeups and whiff punishing for any damage. Guy flips his shit, run into him later, and he rage quits first round and calls me a pussy for using Sub. I was pretty damn irritated but also kinda satisfied because I know this guy has no desire to improve or learn and WILL drop the game if/when Raiden has to touch you more than twice to kill you. I’m not great, but my Sub improves every game, I’ll even get downright smoked by a lot of people but I’d never embarrass myself like that.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This game is unplayable in Africa, i paid 110 bucks for this crap, can't even connect to online and play others in the same city as i am without getting over 300ms ping

what a fucking load of crap, i honestly want a refund

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Unsure if anyone else has mentioned this yet (likely just missed it), but the recharge time on kameos appears to snapshot. I.e., Kung Lao's Low Hat has a stupidly fast recovery time; but if you do Hat Spin and then do a Low Hat before he's fully recovered, he'll still recover at Hat Spin recovery speed even though you did Low Hat last. And when I say fully recover, I mean it. If you continue to throw out other moves with Lao as they become available (but before he's fully recharged), it will continue to recharge at Hat Spin's slow rate indefinitely until it reaches max.

At first thought it was a total recovery % amount needed before it went back to normal; but upon further testing, it does truly have to get all the way back to 100% recharged to reset itself. If you've felt like your kameo was just not routinely available as much as you thought it should be in a match, this may be why. It also appears to choose the slowest recharge rate of recently used moves. Doing Hat Spin into Low Hat snapshots with Hat Spin's much slower recovery rate.