What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 - Official Kombat Pack Roster Reveal Trailer

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Pretty sure that wrestler guy will do the voice... but if they don't have JK Simmons doing Omni-Man it will be a total fail.

Bring back The Rune Trap.
I am super super excited that this is likely to happen. Rune trap is Quan's signature move in my mind. It was just so cool in mk9/X and really felt like the kind of nonsense some evil sorcerer would do.

Seeing Sub with a real ice clone and the all sorts of crazy shit that's already possible like jax ground pound setups, rune trap had better fucking be there. I want to drop 3 meters and 2 kameo's to grind off at LEAST 30% of your life on block.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
None of the characters on the roster for all eternity matter when HOMELANDER IS ON THE ROSTER. Every single one of you turds that hate guests can suck it. Nothing beats this.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
This is five characters, right? Omniman+Homelander in one?

I expect them and Peacemaker to be fun but I feel like all of the guest haters where I'm just not hype for these guys like that. I didn't watch those shows to be fair. But I mean, they just aren't Robocop, Jason or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But I guess we've gone through a lot of those by now. Get off my lawn!

Ermac was shockingly ugly I thought he was like a Diablo guest character I didn't know about. Wish they would just make him not ugly as hell but hey whatever, he'll be cool.

Quan giving off that kinda unfinished early Joker look but Muahahahahahhahahahaha can't wait

And yeah Takeda looks like Metal Gear Solid cool finally delivering on the promise of that MKX origin

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Pretty sure that wrestler guy will do the voice... but if they don't have JK Simmons doing Omni-Man it will be a total fail.
It is actual insanity to me that JOHN CENA is going to be in a MK game.
This is five characters, right? Omniman+Homelander in one?

I expect them and Peacemaker to be fun but I feel like all of the guest haters where I'm just not hype for these guys like that. I didn't watch those shows to be fair. But I mean, they just aren't Robocop, Jason or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But I guess we've gone through a lot of those by now. Get off my lawn!

Ermac was shockingly ugly I thought he was like a Diablo guest character I didn't know about. Wish they would just make him not ugly as hell but hey whatever, he'll be cool.

Quan giving off that kinda unfinished early Joker look but Muahahahahahhahahahaha can't wait

And yeah Takeda looks like Metal Gear Solid cool finally delivering on the promise of that MKX origin
They’re two separate characters, so six in total like MK11

The rumor is that they are, and frankly i'd be shocked if they didn't. This seems like a slam dunk for everyone involved. For as much as people cry about guest characters, they don't seem to realize that MK is probably the main fighter doing it well? Tekken did not need nor want fucking Negan but oops all money. At least the majority of the MK guests actually fit really well in the world (better than DC ever did arguably).

None of the characters on the roster for all eternity matter when HOMELANDER IS ON THE ROSTER. Every single one of you turds that hate guests can suck it. Nothing beats this.
He looks stupid and I'll enjoy beating on him in game.

Homelander can suck on a cow's teat.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
The rumor is that they are, and frankly i'd be shocked if they didn't. This seems like a slam dunk for everyone involved. For as much as people cry about guest characters, they don't seem to realize that MK is probably the main fighter doing it well? Tekken did not need nor want fucking Negan but oops all money. At least the majority of the MK guests actually fit really well in the world (better than DC ever did arguably).
I mostly agree, but Tekken 100% wanted Negan, the only reason he made it is because Harada is a big TWD fan
is he the voice of peacemaker or homelander?
Peacemaker. Homelander is an actor named Anthony Starr

I mostly agree, but Tekken 100% wanted Negan, the only reason he made it is because Harada is a big TWD fan
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I more meant the players. Companies can have personal preferances, and piles of money move any product, but fighting games don't want to become fortnight just having every popular fad shoved into them, and in that regard I think MK has done very very well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Not sure if it was a good idea for them to reveal the KP when the whole base roster hasn't been revealed yet.
I’d bet that if it hadn’t been leaked, they wouldn’t have revealed them yet. This reveal wasn’t really hype at all because everyone already knew who was in the Kombat Pack 1. Might as well get it out of the way imo.

Mortal Kombat ain’t Mortal Kombat anymore. Ermac looks like trash and his moves and stance are probably trash as well so another costume won’t fix it/them/him/whatever. Baraka and Li Mei look good. Tanya… trash

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Mortal Kombat ain’t Mortal Kombat anymore. Ermac looks like trash and his moves and stance are probably trash as well so another costume won’t fix it/them/him/whatever. Baraka and Li Mei look good. Tanya… trash
All the ninjas looks trash tbh. Scorpion and Sub-Zero looks like K-Pop idols, Smoke looks like a fucking Pokemon and Ermac looks like a fucking clown in that weird ass hoodie. Ninjas never looked this bad. Also Li Mei looks like a NPC from Horizon Forbidden West, this is why no one is hyped for her.

All the ninjas looks trash tbh. Scorpion and Sub-Zero looks like K-Pop idols, Smoke looks like a fucking Pokemon and Ermac looks like a fucking clown in that weird ass hoodie. Ninjas never looked this bad. Also Li Mei looks like a NPC from Horizon Forbidden West, this is why no one is hyped for her.
It’s unfortunate. I learned to keep my expectations low regarding new media, it helps. The worst part is that MK was really my favorite fighting game. MK9 made such a good comeback after the 3D era games (I liked the 3D era content wise but gameplay was ruff) since Mkx, Mk11 and I’m afraid Mk1 not much will be there for me to like. Some character look allright, I’m just not feeling NRS, especially their goofy ass re-designs.. Li mei looks ok, she’s not amazing. I see what you mean with horizon lol. Move-set looks fun I guess..

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Gentlemen,

In regards to character design as far as I can remember when esthetics are brought to the table there will always be somebody salty about the design. Thats just how it is, how it always have been. I didnt bought the entire visual presentation nor the movement. Nonetheless decided to stay open minded. At the end of the day what matters is how does the game play. If the game turned out to be fun and multilayer eventually we will come around the entire visual aspect, sooner or later.

Design wise MK11 had really nice model designs, if not the nicest. Stages were not as good. Game wise...we all know what the game was. However I still enjoy MKX and MK9 design when I play it. These games look good and we played the hell out of them.

I have to admit though, MK1 has good looking specials (Liu is perfect example - tremendous improvement and Raiden) Everything else - does not seem like a next gen console game. But I guess thats the price for having four models instead of two on a stage. Or maybe it is something else, it dosent matter really.

If the game is good and proper support policy will apply I strongly believe we will overcome the esthetics differences.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Seems like the DLCs are coming next year, which is a bit of a wait. Cassie for 2026 DLC lmao.
I’m hopeful that they just meant Homelander is the last character, which means KP1 is wrapping up in Spring. He’s the most popular character here, so it would make sense.

But I also don’t know why they would announce the release window of the LAST character instead of the first, so I’ll keep my expectations low and wait for you on that 2038 Cassie dlc :(

Art Lean

Noob
Still got literally no idea who Tom Selleck, Captain Super Americaman and the wrestler in the tin hat are, but cool to see Kaneda, Quan Chi and Ermac back.

Here's hoping they don't repeat history like they did with MK4 and Deadly Alliance where Quan Chi goes from having one of the best fatalities in the preceding game, to having one of the worst in the next, cos his Mind Game fatality in MKX was amazing.

Definitely hope Ermac has some better alt skins though, he looks like an Armageddon-era afterthought there and also hope I can make Kaneda dress like the Lin Kuei characters since I'm weird and anal about things like that.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
These guests are honestly pretty good as far as guests go. Omni Man is a great fit imo.

Ermac, Takeda, and Quan are all great choices. I don’t like Ermac’s design but he’s sure to have a classic ninja alternate so whatever.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
They just released the Invincible season 2 teaser trailer, I’m assuming for SDCC as well. Wonder if that pushed WB to show the pack

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’m hopeful that they just meant Homelander is the last character, which means KP1 is wrapping up in Spring. He’s the most popular character here, so it would make sense.

But I also don’t know why they would announce the release window of the LAST character instead of the first, so I’ll keep my expectations low and wait for you on that 2038 Cassie dlc :(
2077 Cassie gang rise up!