What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Announcement Trailer

mattteo

Noob
Someone I trust debunked this leak.

But hey, you never know!
the mention of Johnny Cage in the official presentation on the site, but not of Sonya, gives more credence to this. He said Johnny Cage is in the base roster but Sonya planned DLC. Why would a site description mention Johnny Cage but not Sonya? Kind of strange, the two go hand in hand. It would have been just another name to type, but they chose not to.

mattteo

Noob
November? Not a single mention of Kameos? Hell Priest (Pinhead) and not any of the guests that were actually leaked?
I wouldn't put any faith into this

It is pretty interesting he says a lot of characters will be cameos in the game. If it's the kameos system they are describing or he was just talking about cameos like every other leaker on 4vhan is yet to be seen. But it's strange he decided to use that word which is now on the official site.

KAMEO FIGHTERS
Choose from a unique roster of Kameo fighting partners to assist you in bat

I think this is very possible.. but it may just mean in the other game modes.... like we had "assists" in MK11 in some of those towers.

It's the main mechanic of the game. There are even gonna be DLC Kameo fighters coming with the Kombat Pack.

That's definitely the main mechanic in the 1V1.

Sounds like MK1 is a 1V1 assist fighting game this time. What will be interesting is how the assists will be used. I speculate that this is the replacement for variations and this will be how they solve the combo route problem as a lot of the creativity will probably lie in the Kameo Assists.

Can't see the Kameo Assists being what the MK11 Assist mode is just from how it's being advertised on the website.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
the mention of Johnny Cage in the official presentation on the site, but not of Sonya, gives more credence to this. He said Johnny Cage is in the base roster but Sonya planned DLC. Why would a site description mention Johnny Cage but not Sonya? Kind of strange, the two go hand in hand. It would have been just another name to type, but they chose not to.
My explanation:

Van Damme is mentioned in the pre-order incentive as a Johnny Cage skin, so they HAVE to announce Johnny Cage as a fighter.

That said, I too wouldn't mind if Sonya gets benched in this game and is Kameo'd. The girl has been in WAY too many MK games in a row and she as well as Kano could use a break.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
It is pretty interesting he says a lot of characters will be cameos in the game. If it's the kameos system they are describing or he was just talking about cameos like every other leaker on 4vhan is yet to be seen. But it's strange he decided to use that word which is now on the official site.
He specifically says they are story cameos though. Somehow this guy has insane detail on gameplay but failed to mention the entire gimmick of the game? The only thing he got right is Shang as the pre order and the characters in the reveal, who were all locks anyways. He also never even mentioned the title? And like I said, got the date wrong and the DLC that we know of wrong.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It's the main mechanic of the game. There are even gonna be DLC Kameo fighters coming with the Kombat Pack.

That's definitely the main mechanic in the 1V1.

Sounds like MK1 is a 1V1 assist fighting game this time. What will be interesting is how the assists will be used. I speculate that this is the replacement for variations and this will be how they solve the combo route problem as a lot of the creativity will probably lie in the Kameo Assists.

Can't see the Kameo Assists being what the MK11 Assist mode is just from how it's being advertised on the website.
Imagine if the assist is used as a combo opener or ender. Depending on the character you pick as a Kameo, you have say, as Kung Lao, a LP, LP, MK + Kameo combo. If you have Reptile, he comes to end your combo with a force ball which launches the opponent in the air so that you can make a juggle. But if you pick Shao Kahn, he ends the combo by slamming your opponent into the ground with his hammer.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
He specifically says they are story cameos though. Somehow this guy has insane detail on gameplay but failed to mention the entire gimmick of the game? The only thing he got right is Shang as the pre order and the characters in the reveal, who were all locks anyways. He also never even mentioned the title? And like I said, got the date wrong and the DLC that we know of wrong.
Yeah, I agree. Kameo Fighters are LITERALLY the gimmick of the game. I refuse to believe a leaker had detailed knowledge of the game yet somehow neglects to mention the freaking GIMMICK of the entire game.

So yeah, I call bullshit, like the person that I trust did.

I call bs. Darrius? Who gives a shit about him? Having three Kungs also sounds far-fetched. Assists will probably be cut from the tourney mode if some of them are stuck behind the paywall.

Imagine if the assist is used as a combo opener or ender. Depending on the character you pick as a Kameo, you have say, as Kung Lao, a LP, LP, MK + Kameo combo. If you have Reptile, he comes to end your combo with a force ball which launches the opponent in the air so that you can make a juggle. But if you pick Shao Kahn, he ends the combo by slamming your opponent into the ground with his hammer.
That's what I think it is and I think this will solve not only the combo route issue in MK11 but I think the assists will also cater to different archetypes as well. This is my prediction. It's another twist on the variation system without having to change the main character. I think the depth is gonna be in the Kameo System and I think with more DLC Kameo fighters coming it keeps the game fresh because some assists won't be figured out straight away and might take longer to figure out. I think it's pretty exciting and will bring about creativity. Also I think the main characters are where we need to look. Hopefully just like SF6 they give the characters all their moves back. Don't restrict them and I think this mode will be really cool.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
That's what I think it is and I think this will solve not only the combo route issue in MK11 but I think the assists will also cater to different archetypes as well. This is my prediction. It's another twist on the variation system without having to change the main character. I think the depth is gonna be in the Kameo System and I think with more DLC Kameo fighters coming it keeps the game fresh because some assists won't be figured out straight away and might take longer to figure out. I think it's pretty exciting and will bring about creativity. Also I think the main characters are where we need to look. Hopefully just like SF6 they give the characters all their moves back. Don't restrict them and I think this mode will be really cool.
I won't lie, I'm getting more excited as I think the possibilities.

mattteo

Noob
I call bs. Darrius? Who gives a shit about him? Having three Kungs also sounds far-fetched. Assists will probably be cut from the tourney mode if some of them are stuck behind the paywall.

Don't care about simple humanoid characters like Darrius, but that entire roster would be a breath of fresh air.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
So if it is MK 1, Kano and Sonya are all but confirmed. I think they will change them up / reimagine them significantly though and reduce the role of Special Forces in the game.

Also, if the focus is on MK1, I cannot see any MKDA/D characters making the roster apart from maybe Bo Rai Cho and Shujinko who all have confirmed in era storylines. Could be wrong though,

If they are not in the main roster, I call Cassie, Jax and Kotal as DLC.

mattteo

Noob
Someone I trust debunked this leak.

But hey, you never know!

I don't know. Does your trusted source think this is a guess?

" foresees the Titan of the Void (Erebos) destroying all life due to Shang Tsung’s interference in Liu’s destiny."

How trusted is the source? A source that knows all the characters and sees this is not real or a source that has some idea about the roater and THINKS this is not real because it doesn't include a few characters they heard about? Please don't tell me it's that callmesally girl again.

Attachments