What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Announcement Trailer

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
didn't shujinko do something with an amulet to end up releasing onaga n shit? Idk it's been a loooong time since I played deception...

but

Raiden has no powers now, he wasn't shown being killed in the trailer, he has what looks like the shinnok amulet thing on his belt in the trailer:

KONQUEST MODE IS BACK AND RAIDEN IS THE PLAYABLE CHARACTER FOR IT

:DOGE

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Time for blind speculation and guessing.

Fully playable open online world. Aka Konquest

Yearly story DLCs introducing new areas to explore with a new baddie. (Think like World of Warcraft)

Main game - Shang Tsung is the baddie
DLC Story year 1 - Shao Khan is the new baddie.
DLC Story year 2 - Onaga is the baddie
DLC Story year 3 - Armageddon and Blaze

Book it.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Mileena and Kitana look beautiful I hope they’re strong in this game 18997
Ps: hoping they get rid of the variation system in this game

Agilaz

It has begun
Looking up previous launch rosters, we've had over 20 characters at launch.

Curious to see if this will be the case now. If they're aiming for 20 plus that means it's very likely for the MK1-3 cast to be almost entirely present.

I know hope dies last but i'm still hoping hard they limit guest to a maximum of 2 (or ideally none, but WB thangs)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
didn't shujinko do something with an amulet to end up releasing onaga n shit? Idk it's been a loooong time since I played deception...

but

Raiden has no powers now, he wasn't shown being killed in the trailer, he has what looks like the shinnok amulet thing on his belt in the trailer:

KONQUEST MODE IS BACK AND RAIDEN IS THE PLAYABLE CHARACTER FOR IT

:DOGE
yep , this make a LOT of sense indeed, Raiden as playable , if the story mode, or Krypt, will be , in fact, more or less some kind of redesigned Konquest Mode .....

As playable character in the normal mode, maybe Raiden will use more his staff in moves, more marial art stuff, but, maybe using some little eletric shocking stuff, perhaps he keeps a minimum of his powers, kind, he cannot fly or teleport, but can throw punches and kicks with shock eletric effects .....

Edenia I think
We haven't seen much of Edenia before, and google shows these round, pillars with dome roofs for architecture. There's also the picture of Kitana leading the Edenian resistance, and it depicts rural landscape with high mountaintops. But Edenia never had a defined vision so this could be a revamped version inspired by southern Asia, and they've scrapped that utopian aethetic from before. Also in this trailer is rural Asia where Kung Lao resides, so maybe they wanna have that landscape be associated with the Asian part of Earthrealm instead of in Edenia.

Yeah I think Edenia will be an actual location this time, as Liu Kang recreated the world with peace, that means Shao Kahn would not have conquered it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Looking up previous launch rosters, we've had over 20 characters at launch.

Curious to see if this will be the case now. If they're aiming for 20 plus that means it's very likely for the MK1-3 cast to be almost entirely present.

I know hope dies last but i'm still hoping hard they limit guest to a maximum of 2 (or ideally none, but WB thangs)
Hasn't the number of guests gone up each game??

I WISH they would only do 2 lmfao

The kameo thing I dislike because I don’t like fighting games with assists. NRS does this thing in which they change things up, sometimes drastically, but instead of sf6 with modern controls or other games where it’s optional, everyone HAS to play this way. Variations weren’t optional we had to all play with some moves locked away, if this kameo stuff is like a separate mode I’m not tripping. Then if someone wants to play it they can but people like me don’t have to. But I’m sure they will make it mandatory which means more than likely I won’t be playing the game sadly just isn’t my thing.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
No, Shujinko was being manipulated by an astral projection of Onaga claiming to be an emissary of the Elder Gods, who told him to collect all the kamidogu and bring it to the Nexus. After gathering them all, Onaga's spirit latched into Reptile's body, bursting from a dragon egg in a secret shrine. Then Onaga came personally to tell how much of a stupid fuck Shujinko was, and that all he needed for ultimate power now was the final kamidogu, aka Shinnok's amulet.

And thank you for coming to my tedtalk.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
The kameo thing I dislike because I don’t like fighting games with assists. NRS does this thing in which they change things up, sometimes drastically, but instead of sf6 with modern controls or other games where it’s optional, everyone HAS to play this way. Variations weren’t optional we had to all play with some moves locked away, if this kameo stuff is like a separate mode I’m not tripping. Then if someone wants to play it they can but people like me don’t have to. But I’m sure they will make it mandatory which means more than likely I won’t be playing the game sadly just isn’t my thing.
Considering kameos will be part of the kombat pass, I think they'll be pretty integral

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
We haven't seen much of Edenia before, and google shows these round, pillars with dome roofs for architecture. There's also the picture of Kitana leading the Edenian resistance, and it depicts rural landscape with high mountaintops. But Edenia never had a defined vision so this could be a revamped version inspired by southern Asia, and they've scrapped that utopian aethetic from before. Also in this trailer is rural Asia where Kung Lao resides, so maybe they wanna have that landscape be associated with the Asian part of Earthrealm instead of in Edenia.

Yeah I think Edenia will be an actual location this time, as Liu Kang recreated the world with peace, that means Shao Kahn would not have conquered it.
Yeah at first I thought it was outworld, cause the streets and whatnot looked similar, but then there's big beautiful buildings in the BG. Idk man, hard to say.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
No, Shujinko was being manipulated by an astral projection of Onaga claiming to be an emissary of the Elder Gods, who told him to collect all the kamidogu and bring it to the Nexus. After gathering them all, Onaga's spirit latched into Reptile's body, bursting from a dragon egg in a secret shrine. Then Onaga came personally to tell how much of a stupid fuck Shujinko was, and that all he needed for ultimate power now was the final kamidogu, aka Shinnok's amulet.

And thank you for coming to my tedtalk.
Well, shinnok's amulet was in there! and I think that's what's on Raiden's belt in the trailer. So I'm counting it!

:p

Ty for the explanation tho, I haven't played deception since video game rental stores were a thing and I would rent games after school on fridays lmfao

Agilaz

It has begun
Hasn't the number of guests gone up each game??

I WISH they would only do 2 lmfao
If the leaks are true, KP1 will have 3 guests, Peacemaker being one of them.

While I don't hate any of the rumoured characters in their own media, I'm not sure how well they'd fit with MK1's seemingly more grounded tone.

The reason I bring up Peacemaker is because I feel like even in his own show he looks goofy as fuck, and I think he'll be a bad fit, but at the same he's a reminder that we could have gotten Injustice 3.

I am very very happy we did not get Injustice 3.