What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Has Player 1 Advantage

mrapchem

Noob
As the title states, MK1 gives an edge to Player 1 over Player 2. To be specific, MK1 allows P1 to perform combos that P2 cannot perform. So far, the bug appears to pop up during a juggle, possibly being related to a difference in hurtbox size between P1 & P2.

I implore you all to test your mains' best combos as both P1 and P2 so that you know which of your combos are affected by this.

Also, I hope that the moderators keep this thread pinned on the main page so that everyone is aware of this issue.

But most of all, we need to spam NRS's Twitter and every other platform so that they know this is a problem that MUST be fixed.

Thank you.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Saw people posting about this earlier today and I feared this may be the reasoning for the discrepancy of landing certain combos. Thought I was going crazy as Kitana with how many times some combos would be wildly inconsistent once the juggling portions came into play.

Now the question is: what in the fuck is happening from a technical standpoint so NRS can fix it? Is there just some increased knockback by P2? Reduced knockback from P1? Are we going to see these combos no longer work for P1 alongside P2 instead of making both sides work? This is absolutely a HUGE deal, especially this early into the game's life with a large number of local and larger tournaments going on everywhere.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The voice and tone of the video in the beginning had me dying laughing LOL.

But yea, this is actually huge and not sure how this passed all the way to release. Tbh it does seem like it explains a couple of things. Hopefully they address with a hotfix or patch of some sort asap.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax

Randomly found this inn my YouTube mention. MK1 is a lot of fun but....wow it's so much like MK9 we even got the same issue that we had during the Mk9! Jokes aside, I hope this gets fix as this will be very problmatic.

Saw people posting about this earlier today and I feared this may be the reasoning for the discrepancy of landing certain combos. Thought I was going crazy as Kitana with how many times some combos would be wildly inconsistent once the juggling portions came into play.

Now the question is: what in the fuck is happening from a technical standpoint so NRS can fix it? Is there just some increased knockback by P2? Reduced knockback from P1? Are we going to see these combos no longer work for P1 alongside P2 instead of making both sides work? This is absolutely a HUGE deal, especially this early into the game's life with a large number of local and larger tournaments going on everywhere.
Reason is - money. Like evry new AAA games - half cooked. Make fast - grind a lot money + fan service.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Was just about to post this.

This is easily the biggest and most damning bug an NRS game has had since MK9. As someone who's had really, rreeaallllyy high hopes for this game since the reveal, I now find myself thankful every day that I held on to my money for the moment.
I mean I got the PC port and have issues with legit even getting the game to run on my PC. :( I am going to have to use my school's PCs until this patch drops. :( Good thing my school isn't too far.