What's new

Mortal Kombat – Official Restricted Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
First 7 min was cool. Visually the movies looks well shot, nice composition, editing is fluid.
The issues I find is the muted acting. Child actors mostly suck and this kid is no different. The lady playing Hanzo's wife also feels rigid.....did anybody really buy their chemistry ....
Im not saying have longer scenes of them walking by the beach holding hands but having some dialogue to show the love would have made her death more weight-y. A great example was Liu Kang's interaction with his fiance in the MK Legacy youtube show.

I really liked it. After reading some posts I decided to approach it with an open mind, and by no means I expected this to be somewhat of a remake of the '95 movie. By the way I like that movie too, but honestly I don't hold it in such a high regard. It's funny and all but there's barely any fighting and it's too cheesy.
Same here. If you walk in expecting a remake of MK'95 or the game then you might be a little disappointed. Otherwise it does it's job well.

I thought i was the only one that thought the '95 movie was a little hokey. Yeah, it had some good things, and it was great that it brought MK to the big screen, there's no doubt a lot of nostalgia around that, but i don't think it was a great movie.

This film did so much to set the stage - casting talented martial artists who are also actors, designing credible costumes that read well on screen, characterizations that are true to the spirit of the original characters, MK style gore and violence, etc.
100% this. They put all the bits together to make something that worked really well. The actors seemed perfect for the roles, the nods to the games. I'm a huge fan of the costumes in this movie.

Great stuff. I'd be pretty bummed if a sequel doesn't happen, so long as it stays in the same realm as this movie... i don't want any MK:annihilation bullshit happening again.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Great stuff. I'd be pretty bummed if a sequel doesn't happen, so long as it stays in the same realm as this movie... i don't want any MK:annihilation bullshit happening again.
Apparently the movie was written in a trilogy in mind. Lets hope this one does really well. Bringing back a franchise that had its last mainstream movie in 1998 and a niche following since then is no easy matter but so far i have to say, the marketing is really good.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Apparently, Joe Taslim has a 5 movie contract, so MK 2021 is the 1st of ,possibly, 4 sequels to come.

Also, the Sidney premiere had Sisi, Josh & Simon as guests. All of whom spoke just before the film started.
PS: I got a little jealous watching all these...

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Here's when you can watch Mortal Kombat on HBO Max
By Wes Fenlon 17 hours ago
Mortal Kombat starts streaming on HBO Max Friday, April 23.
Mortal Kombat movie

(Image credit: Warner Bros)

I'll be watching the new Mortal Kombat movie with a stopwatch in my hand, counting how many minutes pass before someone yells "Finish him!" It's got to happen, right? I'm going to guess it lands at the 43 minute mark. We'll all be able to find out on Friday, April 23 when Mortal Kombat releases on HBO Max.
If you're in the US and plan on watching Mortal Kombat as soon as possible, be prepared to stay up late on Thursday night. Here's exactly when Mortal Kombat goes live.
What time does Mortal Kombat release on HBO Max?

The Mortal Kombat movie starts streaming on HBO Max at 12:01 am PT (3:01 am ET) on Friday, April 23.
Wonder what time that is for you?
Just click on this handy converter.

Mortal Kombat is free for HBO Max subscribers, but it's only going to be on HBO Max for a limited time. It's available for 31 days—sort of a strange streaming version of a short theatrical run.

If you live outside the US, bad news:
Mortal Kombat is only available to US HBO Max subscribers, because HBO Max itself is only available in the US until June when it launches in the Caribbean and Latin America.
Europe will follow later this year.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I like how Sisi is sporting Mileena colors. She looks like she is going to the Prom though. she looks great though and she can pull it off! so good for her! 13 hours left you guys/gals! I think in several countries you can get it PVOD or something. I think Canada allows the HBO max movies released. but I dunno. I hear they are on somewhat of a lockdown again.

Art Lean

Noob
Here's when you can watch Mortal Kombat on HBO Max
By Wes Fenlon 17 hours ago
Mortal Kombat starts streaming on HBO Max Friday, April 23.
Mortal Kombat movie

(Image credit: Warner Bros)

I'll be watching the new Mortal Kombat movie with a stopwatch in my hand, counting how many minutes pass before someone yells "Finish him!" It's got to happen, right? I'm going to guess it lands at the 43 minute mark. We'll all be able to find out on Friday, April 23 when Mortal Kombat releases on HBO Max.
If you're in the US and plan on watching Mortal Kombat as soon as possible, be prepared to stay up late on Thursday night. Here's exactly when Mortal Kombat goes live.
What time does Mortal Kombat release on HBO Max?

The Mortal Kombat movie starts streaming on HBO Max at 12:01 am PT (3:01 am ET) on Friday, April 23.
Wonder what time that is for you?
Just click on this handy converter.

Mortal Kombat is free for HBO Max subscribers, but it's only going to be on HBO Max for a limited time. It's available for 31 days—sort of a strange streaming version of a short theatrical run.

If you live outside the US, bad news:
Mortal Kombat is only available to US HBO Max subscribers, because HBO Max itself is only available in the US until June when it launches in the Caribbean and Latin America.
Europe will follow later this year.

As far as I'm aware it went unannounced that previous HBO Max exclusives Justice League and Godzilla Vs Kong would be available on Amazon.co.uk until the day they actually came out, but were indeed available on there as premium rentals (and still are). I'm truly hoping MK follows suit... because it's my Friday night plans! I've got a spicy meat pizza with all the trimmings, potato wedges and a crate of beers riding on this :(

I mean, sure, I know it'll probably hit all the dodgy streaming sites by Saturday regardless if it isn't on Amazon.co.uk tomorrow - but my son's expecting the pizza tomorrow too, so it won't be the same with a healthy meal on Saturday!!!

I like how Sisi is sporting Mileena colors. She looks like she is going to the Prom though. she looks great though and she can pull it off! so good for her!
My god she's just heaven-sent... absolutely gorgeous beyond words.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It was probably already posted in here, but if not, The MK movie releases on HBOMax at midnight PT, which is 3am EST.

Courante

Give all to another and save yourself
Good to see that Cole Young is universally regarded as a waste of time critically. Hopefully they phase him out if this film doesnt flop.

Art Lean

Noob
Looks like I need to be crossing my fingers for a Putlucker or 123Movies HD streaming rip to be available by tonight... no sign of it being officially available in the UK in any way after all. Thanks WB :(

I just watched it. Felt kinda generic to be honest. Fight scenes were surprisingly unimpressive. I’d go so far and say Scorpion’s Revenge is more fun to watch. Definitely prefer the 1995 movie over this. The vfx I did like though. I also kinda liked the concept of the arcana. It’s a good excuse to see powers.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Good to see that Cole Young is universally regarded as a waste of time critically. Hopefully they phase him out if this film doesnt flop.
I honestly believe that if Cole Young wasn't there, 70% of the people who watched the film would say "REALLY? Liu Kang??? Again..?!??!" .

And I'm a Liu Kang fan...

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Looks like I need to be crossing my fingers for a Putlucker or 123Movies HD streaming rip to be available by tonight... no sign of it being officially available in the UK in any way after all. Thanks WB :(
there's another way , you know....

Give yourself to the daaaaarkkkk side.....

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
[This is a review of the MK Film... it has NO SPOILERS of any sort.... even so... be warned. READ AT OWN RISK]
Mortal Kombat 3 (2021) - [Simon McQuoid]

It is fair to say I am bias with this movie. From the day I saw Mortal Kombat in the arcade over 25 years ago I have been playing this game. I have unremembered hours of time sunk into this game series over those 25+ years and to this day I am still playing MK almost daily. We are up to MK11 now, but it is really MK, MK2 and the Ultimate that really hold my heart.

My point is... I am a MK fanboy, so take this with a grain of salt.

This movie was fucking awesome!!!

The only thing that sucks about it is that if you are a fan you're sure to see some of your favourite characters die, and that is depressing, though of course death is never the end in MK! I am not sure what people are expecting but this is an old school American Martial Arts film. Think "Bloodsport" but modern. The movie is a weak, and I mean weak, framework to get people into a fight sequence. While the plot works, it never is able to rise above the fact that it is a framing device for the fight sequences. This is not a weakness of the film, this is the film makers understanding what they are making and who they are making it for. We are not forced to sit through much mellow drama or other assorted crap.. it is just blood and gore fight sequences pretty much non-stop peppered in with some fun jokes.

What makes the film really step up a notch is the amazing performance of Kano. He carries the movie as he is fun to watch, and funny as fuck. In fact Kano and Kabal are both fantastic in this movie. Everyone else is taking it a little to seriously. Still the casting is just boss. Scorpion is perfectly cast from Hiroyuki Sanada, and Sub-Zero being played by Joe Taslim is genius. (Can not wait for him to come back as Noob Saibot). Chin Han dose a perfect Shang Tsung and well, really, all in all.... everyone nails it.

The movie has its problems. The forced game lines like "Finish Him" and "Flawless Victory" stand out like dogs balls. With Kano's "Kano Wins" the only one that works. This is probably the films biggest issue, while the dialogue writing is actually really good, particularly the comedic stuff with Kano which is all working, the attempts to call back to the game constantly breaks the reality of the movie.

The gore is not as gory as I would have liked. It is not nearly as gory as the actual modern games, apart from a few "fatalities". If you have seen "The Night Comes for Us"... that is what the gore should have been. More vicious and brutal. This is more like "glory shots".. so the gore is there, but it is more cartoonish than brutal. Even so, in the modern age of Disney and WB comic book films with all the bloodless violence having actual gore and blood in a mainstream movie is 5 aces as far as I am concerned, even if the Indonesian Martial Arts film scene is way in front.

I do not really know what more people could have wanted from a MK film. Lets not pretend that the original movies are some kind of high art. You see some great realizations of your favourite characters, you see them fight... all in all it is a much better MK film that I expected and I was very happy with what I saw.

Verdict : Round 2.... FIGHT!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Mortal Kombat 3 (2021) - [Simon McQuoid]

It is fair to say I am bias with this movie. From the day I saw Mortal Kombat in the arcade over 25 years ago I have been playing this game. I have unremembered hours of time sunk into this game series over those 25+ years and to this day I am still playing MK almost daily. We are up to MK11 now, but it is really MK, MK2 and the Ultimate that really hold my heart.

My point is... I am a MK fanboy, so take this with a grain of salt.

This movie was fucking awesome!!!

The only thing that sucks about it is that if you are a fan you're sure to see some of your favourite characters die, and that is depressing, though of course death is never the end in MK! I am not sure what people are expecting but this is an old school American Martial Arts film. Think "Bloodsport" but modern. The movie is a weak, and I mean weak, framework to get people into a fight sequence. While the plot works, it never is able to rise above the fact that it is a framing device for the fight sequences. This is not a weakness of the film, this is the film makers understanding what they are making and who they are making it for. We are not forced to sit through much mellow drama or other assorted crap.. it is just blood and gore fight sequences pretty much non-stop peppered in with some fun jokes.

What makes the film really step up a notch is the amazing performance of Kano. He carries the movie as he is fun to watch, and funny as fuck. In fact Kano and Kabal are both fantastic in this movie. Everyone else is taking it a little to seriously. Still the casting is just boss. Scorpion is perfectly cast from Hiroyuki Sanada, and Sub-Zero being played by Joe Taslim is genius. (Can not wait for him to come back as Noob Saibot). Chin Han dose a perfect Shang Tsung and well, really, all in all.... everyone nails it.

The movie has its problems. The forced game lines like "Finish Him" and "Flawless Victory" stand out like dogs balls. With Kano's "Kano Wins" the only one that works. This is probably the films biggest issue, while the dialogue writing is actually really good, particularly the comedic stuff with Kano which is all working, the attempts to call back to the game constantly breaks the reality of the movie.

The gore is not as gory as I would have liked. It is not nearly as gory as the actual modern games, apart from a few "fatalities". If you have seen "The Night Comes for Us"... that is what the gore should have been. More vicious and brutal. This is more like "glory shots".. so the gore is there, but it is more cartoonish than brutal. Even so, in the modern age of Disney and WB comic book films with all the bloodless violence having actual gore and blood in a mainstream movie is 5 aces as far as I am concerned, even if the Indonesian Martial Arts film scene is way in front.

I do not really know what more people could have wanted from a MK film. Lets not pretend that the original movies are some kind of high art. You see some great realizations of your favourite characters, you see them fight... all in all it is a much better MK film that I expected and I was very happy with what I saw.

Verdict : Round 2.... FIGHT!!
Bruh throw spoiler on that shit wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.